There are 169 users in the forums

Singletary: "We deserve to go to the playoffs"

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Rams and Sam Bradford deserve to go to the playoffs. There I said it.
Originally posted by baltien:
Don't get me wrong, he IS a complete failure of a coach, but cmon guys. Seems like some of you want it both ways.

Were he to say that "Well, we suck so we might as well pack it in, and get ready for next year" you'd all be complaining about how you want a coach with a never-say-die attitude and he's weak for wimping out.

While we are woefully pathetic as a team, we ARE still very much alive for playoffs. So I can't say that I blame him for talking about it.

I mean....what do you expect? Really?

I get what you're saying but I think people are alluding to the fact we dont want Sing to respond at all to talk of playoffs. He shouldnt mention it. Shouldnt answer questions. Nothing. It just makes us more laughable IMO.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Originally posted by baltien:
Don't get me wrong, he IS a complete failure of a coach, but cmon guys. Seems like some of you want it both ways.

Were he to say that "Well, we suck so we might as well pack it in, and get ready for next year" you'd all be complaining about how you want a coach with a never-say-die attitude and he's weak for wimping out.

While we are woefully pathetic as a team, we ARE still very much alive for playoffs. So I can't say that I blame him for talking about it.

I mean....what do you expect? Really?

I get what you're saying but I think people are alluding to the fact we dont want Sing to respond at all to talk of playoffs. He shouldnt mention it. Shouldnt answer questions. Nothing. It just makes us more laughable IMO.

Not apologizing for Sing here (again, I do want him fired), but he was asked a question, and he answered it. Every other coach in the league would've likely said something along those same lines.

"Coach speak." And nothing more.
This is real sad.
  • Pick6
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Remember when I posted this......

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=133093&highlight=zrf

I got bashed for being a "hater", "troll", etc.

The point of that thread was that great motivators dont make good coaches. Although Shanahan isnt lighting it up in Washington, he has a track record of getting thinggs straight. Even if we were in the same situation with him as we are now win Sing, we wouldnt be asking to blow up the entire team because Shanahan has shown he can turn things around.

I pray that Gruden comes to us with the mentality that we are the most playoff ready team out there (in terms of talent).

i think great motivators can be great head coaches... but it only works if you have outstanding x's and o's guys on your staff as well.... a personnel man (GM) would help too... Sing really has no one to blame but himself as he booted Martz (a top offensive mind) for Jimmy Raye.

What you say is true, only if that motivator acknowledges that his abilities are limited and that he will need others to help him out. You're spot on with the Martz thing. Sing wanted to mold the team in his own image, without acknowledging that he had no idea about the x's and o's of the game. End result: 2010 Niners.

To be successful you need to suround yourself with successful people. I don't care HOW great you are or think you are... show me a great coach and I will show you a great staff and in most cases a great coaching tree. AND you have to be flexible in your thinking, and smart enough to utilize those assets you've surounded yourself with. Sings biggest flaw is not his lack of X and O's, its his stubborness. He needs to understand what he is good at and what he is not... then add people that are strong in those areas that he is weak. He has completely failed in this area.

I'm not 100% sure that Martz was the answer for this team based on talent (and being the bazaro MS)... the OL is awful, VD would be doing much more blocking than pass catching, and our WR are lacking route running skills that make his O so effective. HOWEVER Martz offensive mind is far superior to MS or anyone that we've had on staff since.

MJ might be the guy, but we will never know as long as MS keeps him under his influence.

I still think if MS would do two things he could potentially be a decent coach. 1. Stop with the ridiculous over the top comments... yes we understand you are trying to make a point, but its not working anymore. 2. Hire good OC's and let them do their thing, not yours... yours isnt working. You motivate guys, let your oc's coach.
I could almost bear this IF there never was a team in San Francisco that dominated the entire league for a decade.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Quote:
"But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

how dellusional is this asshat? what a f**king ruh-tard!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by Byisgod:
This piece of s**t needs to shut his f**king mouth. He is an absolute failure of a coach

thats putting it lightly
wow.......... this dude is truly dumber than I give him credit for. NO ONE in the NFC west deserves to be in the playoffs! In by default.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
please f**k off Singletary
This team doesn't deserve it, not one bit.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?

We deserve to go to the playoffs, so that we can get blown out by a real football team on national TV.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Quote:
This team has had its highs and lows," Singletary said. "But if we are fortunate enough to go to the playoffs, I believe that we deserve to go."

WTF?

If it comes down to win/losses in the division and we are ahead, under the current system, we win the division tittle and deserve to go. It would be silly if a 2nd place team went instead of the divisional winner.
This guy is jus unintelligent... How the f**k did he get this job?
Share 49ersWebzone