http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=150123
Originally posted by global_nomad:
hell no.

Then who out there is a better option than A. Smith
Originally posted by ace130:
hell no.

hopefully we can copy the Browns and bring in a washed up veteran to start a few games while a rookie sits (Jake Delhomme and Colt McCoy).

I can't really say who I would want w/o knowing who our coach is. But I've heard that if we go to a WCO next year that Hasselbeck might be a stop gap option. Either that or keep developing Troy Smith.
hell no.

hopefully we can copy the Browns and bring in a washed up veteran to start a few games while a rookie sits (Jake Delhomme and Colt McCoy).

I can't really say who I would want w/o knowing who our coach is. But I've heard that if we go to a WCO next year that Hasselbeck might be a stop gap option. Either that or keep developing Troy Smith.

Troy smith? lol. I think a rookie will do better
hell no.

honestly I'm more worried about the sweeping changes in the front office than who the QB will be. It worries me that we don't have a GM, that Yorks like hiring a HC that becomes a GM too, and that Jed is the head of football operations. If we don't hire some people that are experienced we are screwed. if we do, then they will have enough experience to bring in a QB they think can win us some games now.
hell no.

honestly I'm more worried about the sweeping changes in the front office than who the QB will be. It worries me that we don't have a GM, that Yorks like hiring a HC that becomes a GM too, and that Jed is the head of football operations. If we don't hire some people that are experienced we are screwed. if we do, then they will have enough experience to bring in a QB they think can win us some games now.

I honestly think A smith doesn't want to be here next year
  • evil
  • Veteran
hell no.

Troy would at least have an entire offseason to learn a new coaches playbook (he has operated under a simplified version this year) thus putting him in a better position to run the offense then he has been in with us.

A rookie has to learn to adapt to the speed of the pro game and learn a pro style system and in all likelihood a thicker and more intricate playbook. Troy would have the leg up on a rookie in a sense, but that's not to say the rookie could not beat him out. However it may also be in the team's best interest to let a rookie sit, be it for part of the season or his first full year.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
hell no.

Troy would at least have an entire offseason to learn a new coaches playbook (he has operated under a simplified version this year) thus putting him in a better position to run the offense then he has been in with us.

A rookie has to learn to adapt to the speed of the pro game and learn a pro style system and in all likelihood a thicker and more intricate playbook. Troy would have the leg up on a rookie in a sense, but that's not to say the rookie could not beat him out. However it may also be in the team's best interest to let a rookie sit, be it for part of the season or his first full year.

Originally posted by KRS-1:
hell no.

When I said develop Troy Smith I didn't mean as a long term option. Just as a guy that can start until a prospect is ready. But Troy might not have a whole off season to learn the playbook if there is a lockout until August
[ Edited by global_nomad on Dec 19, 2010 at 9:17 AM ]
hell no.

Are going to run Alex Smith out of San Fransico and be screwed next year without a QB! "WE WANT CARR" "BOOOOOOO"
  • evil
  • Veteran
The Alex Smith thread exists for a reason.
haha you're first Alex next year thread got locked so you started another one. Are you drunk?
haha you're first Alex next year thread got locked so you started another one. Are you drunk?

No!
Share 49ersWebzone