This is why nobody likes you, Niner Talk

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MarkD:
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Originally posted by Moonshae_D:
Originally posted by global_nomad:
you couldn't have posted this in the Fire Singletary thread?

No I couldnt have because I didnt see there was one, but thanks for coming in to mention that (sarcasm)

If you have to tell us it was sarcasm, you didn't do it right.

See the title 15 days. This isnt a fire sing thread it is a "CHANGE" thread

See the response to your post. It wasn't in regards to your thread topic, but rather the improper use of sarcasm.

I was being sarcastic about thanking Global for his opinion.

Oh I see. Thanks so much for pointing that out to me.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

If ghe 9'ers aren't considering, and acting preemptively, on these needs RIGHT NOW, the "brain trust" is even dumber than we thought:
1. A GM
2. New coach ( we should be making overtures to appropriate candidates, yesterday!) Quality coaches will be in high demand this offseason.
3. A veteran QB for now, and not just as a mentor, and a draft candidate for the future, if Nate Davis is not a viable alternative.
There should be a sense of urgency with these issues. Any others, besides new ownership?
well mcnabb is most likely goin to be cut i would like to pick him up as our QB
Oh really?! I haven't seen a thread addressing these needs. Please share more with us. Nobody on here has thought of a new Head Coach or a new QB or even getting a GM.

Originally posted by loud3800:

Why?? Mcnabb is highly overrated and always has been. He was in a QB friendly offense in Philly under one of the best offensive masterminds WITH a very good defense for a number of years but he is so inaccurate and inconsistent, he could never produce when it mattered the most. He is trash on the Redskins and although I do not know what is going on with the Shanahans, he is getting benched for Rex Grossman
[ Edited by Sims84 on Dec 19, 2010 at 12:35 AM ]
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Sims84:

Why?? Mcnabb is highly overrated and always has been. He was in a QB friendly offense in Philly under one of the best offensive masterminds WITH a very good defense for a number of years but he is so inaccurate and inconsistent, he could never produce when it mattered the most. He is trash on the Redskins and although I do not know what is going on with the Shanahans, he is getting benched for Rex Grossman

Alex has been playing better than McNabb, I dont see how he would benefit us. Carson Palmer is really the only NFL QB that we may be able to trade for/pick up that is an improvement over Alex Smith... and looking at Carson Palmer, I may be giving him too much credit. This is a terrible offseason for QB
Originally posted by modninerfan:

Alex has been playing better than McNabb, I dont see how he would benefit us. Carson Palmer is really the only NFL QB that we may be able to trade for/pick up that is an improvement over Alex Smith... and looking at Carson Palmer, I may be giving him too much credit. This is a terrible offseason for QB

THIS. Just like it was a terrible time to have the #1 overall pick in 2005
Originally posted by modninerfan:

THIS. Just like it was a terrible time to have the #1 overall pick in 2005

Yeah 2005 was jacked up. I wish we would have traded down, or just reached and drafted Ware.

• fly15
  • Veteran
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Hey, I do the countdowns around here.
That's probably going to be our biggest question mark going into next year because lets say if we don't keep alex smith, who's going be our Qb? Were not going to get top qb in the draft because they will be gone and I see the niners picking a cb early. I don't see any big name free agents out there so I think our best option is to keep Alex Smith
hell no.
  • mod
  • Veteran
unfortunately I think you are right
Share 49ersWebzone