LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

This is why nobody likes you, Niner Talk

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How would the Chargers Offense plan to attack Spikes & Willis' injuries (both are right hand injuries/casts)? Clearly, it presents an opportunity for the OL, but I am equally concerned about pass defense if they throw to the cast hand (in coverage).

It is also obvious that a cast can be used to "club" (FF).

Curious what the board thinks? Thanks.
I don't think the chargers are going to do anything different. Willis has played outstanding with a cast before and its not like I expect him to get a pick. Spikes has been great in coverage but I doubt the chargers are going to look to pass on him because of the clubhand.
  • Chico
  • Veteran
The 49ers seem to play well on the Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games. They play close against good teams and great against bad teams. It's probably because they're young and play with a lot of energy because they know it's nationally televised and the cameras are on them. My guess is that they will keep it close but the defense will choke at the end because of their preventive defense.
Pass their ways more often. Tight ends or RBs. Run stop won't be affected.
Originally posted by Chico:
The 49ers seem to play well on the Sunday/Monday/Thursday night games. They play close against good teams and great against bad teams. It's probably because they're young and play with a lot of energy because they know it's nationally televised and the cameras are on them. My guess is that they will keep it close but the defense will choke at the end because of their preventive defense.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

It's still a road game and we we SUCK on the road. I live in San Diego and it's been raining today which bodes well for their big d-line and our "between the tackles" running. Westbrook/Dixon will need extra big cleats again and look to attack the perimeters to have any chance against their pass rush.

They would exploit them the way every team has and that is to attack them in the middle of the field with TE's and crossing WR's. We are and have always been very soft in coverage in the middle of the field despite 5 Niners "standing" right around the receiver. The 3-4's weakness is on the edges and in the middle of the field and with multiple WR sets, it keeps Willis in coverage and away from his play-making ability.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
On knbr they said spikes and willis may not play.
Originally posted by susweel:

smoke and mirrors. Willis would play with a broken spine.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

True

True

Yeah but why Smoke and mirrors on a Bay area station, SD doesn't listen over here?
I expect Willis and Spikes to play, unless the trainer scratches them. Both are gamers, and the Niners are technically still alive to win the division.

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

True

Yeah but why Smoke and mirrors on a Bay area station, SD doesn't listen over here?

You are right. Damn. If only there were some way our smoke signals could been seen in far away San Diego. One day it will happen.

Gonna be running short of ILBs fairly soon.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I think they'll play but Spikes seemed to indicate on twitter that it's doubtful that's the case (he expressed doubt).
  • Chico
  • Veteran
This is a very, very tough decision
He is the self proclaimed "LockDown" but he always gets beat by good receivers. He can come up on the run and make a tackle, but as far as his coverage, he is garbage.
gonna be 600 responses mentioning the cardinals wrs
Share 49ersWebzone