LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

What offense would best suit our current player personell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We just need a Head Coach that has a reputation for developing Qb's. Having two defensive coaches as our head coaches has not gotten the 49ers to the play offs.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by spizzy:
west coast fo sho. Great Rb, great TE, possession receivers. We just need a real west coast qb

To play in a west coast system players need to be very smart, I doubt if our TE would make it, LOL.

Nah, I love the WCO so I am bias.

Why do you think that Vernon isn't smart enough to pick-up the WCO?
west coast fo sho. Great Rb, great TE, possession receivers. We just need a real west coast qb
Originally posted by GORO:
We just need a Head Coach that has a reputation for developing Qb's. Having two defensive coaches as our head coaches has not gotten the 49ers to the play offs.

It's not an offense/defense thing, it is a good or not so much thing. Singletary might end up being a good coach someday, but the fact that he had zero experience as a coach in the NFL is why he is losing so much. He is learning how to be a head coach the hardest way possible, jumping in with no idea what he was really getting himself into.
Originally posted by GorefullBore:

To play in a west coast system players need to be very smart, I doubt if our TE would make it, LOL.

Nah, I love the WCO so I am bias.

Why do you think that Vernon isn't smart enough to pick-up the WCO?

He's a poor route runner, he has poor fundamentals, he excels at like two routes total, he is horrible at reading coverages and being a hot read.
The offense that does not include this coaching staff.
Jim Harbaughs offense.

Power West Coast offense utilizing as many as 3 TEs on the field at any one time.

The Niners have the line (mammoth line with talent), they have the TEs (Davis, Walker and Byham...tho maybe they need 1 more), they have the RBs (Gore and Dixon), they have the recievers (Crabtree and Morgan are built for the WCO...not real fast, but good hands, good after the catch, and will block downfield).

All they need is the QB....but they need one of those regardless of what O they end up running.
Originally posted by Joecool:
An offense without Alex Smith. Seems to be that the skilled positions all of a sudden "get better" when he's not playing.

Ditto...Funny how the skill positions all of a sudden perform better when the Qb position is improved/Changed. Not to bash Smith but I want the team to win so I think we should run the west coast offense with a quality "proven" winner at the QB position.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
WCO - Harbaugh style.
What offense would best suit our current player personnel?

Impersonating a pro football team.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Jim Harbaughs offense.

Power West Coast offense utilizing as many as 3 TEs on the field at any one time.

The Niners have the line (mammoth line with talent), they have the TEs (Davis, Walker and Byham...tho maybe they need 1 more), they have the RBs (Gore and Dixon), they have the recievers (Crabtree and Morgan are built for the WCO...not real fast, but good hands, good after the catch, and will block downfield).

All they need is the QB....but they need one of those regardless of what O they end up running.

And he seems to like to pulling guards.
West coast, Spread, Run & Gun, Single Back, Option, etc?

I am really unsure of what we are running now, to me it is sort of like a no name offense but what do I know?

Up until last week we were running the FRANK GORE offense, but what would bring about the best results in your opinion?

West Coast
punt
The spreadcoast offense!
  • Veteran
WC Bill Walsh style.
Share 49ersWebzone