There are 270 users in the forums

What offense would best suit our current player personell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
West coast, Spread, Run & Gun, Single Back, Option, etc?

I am really unsure of what we are running now, to me it is sort of like a no name offense but what do I know?

Up until last week we were running the FRANK GORE offense, but what would bring about the best results in your opinion?
The one the 85 Bears used.
Goal Line offense. All day. Everyday™.
west coast fo sho. Great Rb, great TE, possession receivers. We just need a real west coast qb
Woody Hayes's three yards and a cloud of dust, of course.
Originally posted by spizzy:
west coast fo sho. Great Rb, great TE, possession receivers. We just need a real west coast qb

To play in a west coast system players need to be very smart, I doubt if our TE would make it, LOL.

Nah, I love the WCO so I am bias.
WEST COAST PLEASE.

But seriously, maybe something like what the Falcons run.
Originally posted by leolion:
Woody Hayes's three yards and a cloud of dust, of course.

AKA the lets keep it close offense
Originally posted by Sjceruti:
WEST COAST PLEASE.

But seriously, maybe something like what the Falcons run.

I like that...
Originally posted by glorydayz:
West coast, Spread, Run & Gun, Single Back, Option, etc?

I am really unsure of what we are running now, to me it is sort of like a no name offense but what do I know?

Up until last week we were running the FRANK GORE offense, but what would bring about the best results in your opinion?

I personally feel the Air Coryell system/ digit system that Norv Turner was running in 2006.. I think Turner leaving is when the wheels really came off in the Nolan tenure.. In 2006 the Niners started to establish themselves. During that year on more then one occasion, announcers would show the point differential between the years before Turner and when Turner got there for both the 2006 49ers and the 1991 Dallas Cowboys, which is the year before Cowboys won the Superbowl.. The point differential was actually higher for the 49ers!! I think so long as that staff grew and stayed together, we might have had something... But Norv Turner leaving threw a huge monkey wrench in the whole thing....

So I think that system which used the running game, threw to the backs out of the back field, used the TE and used it's receivers who were not the fastest but, big guys able to find wholes in the defense fr their passing game would be ideal for this personnel...

To bad Norv left in the first place...

An offense without Alex Smith. Seems to be that the skilled positions all of a sudden "get better" when he's not playing.
An open, spread offense.

Now we just need a GM, head coach, and quarterback that can run it.
Any offense that comes with coaches that know what they are doing. I think we have all the players we need to win, except maybe at defensive back.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Any offense that comes with coaches that know what they are doing. I think we have all the players we need to win, except maybe at defensive back.

Many things point to you being 100% correct. I can't believe I am going to say this but if Alex Smith went to the Pats, he could be turned into a servicable QB similar to Tully Banta Cain's turn around when he went back to the Pats.
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:

Many things point to you being 100% correct. I can't believe I am going to say this but if Alex Smith went to the Pats, he could be turned into a servicable QB similar to Tully Banta Cain's turn around when he went back to the Pats.

Bill Walsh couldn't make Steve Deberg better on a SB caliber team. Improving a QB isn't as near as easy as improving an edge rusher with one spin move.
Share 49ersWebzone