LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

How would you use A.Smith in 2011?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
First and Foremost everyone knows I AM NOT AN A.SMITH SUPPORTER AT ALL!! Ok with that out of the way, the question is how would you use A.Smith in 2011?

There are alot of teams out there with a need at the QB position and I personally want some kind of severance from Alex since he got 40 million severance from our organization.

I would like to see the 49ers tag him or resign him to a league minimal and then give him the Shaun Hill Special. Trade him to another team for draft picks. I mean put him under contract, and shop his sorry a** like Paris Hilton on the Vegas strip!! As hard as it is to believe there are still A.Smith supporters in the media, organization and fan base. So since there is clearly still a market for him, we need to do what we have been taught all these years and trade him to secure two 3rd or 4th rounders.

I might be alone on this, but after everything that the fans, organization, and anyone associated with the 49ers have been through in the last 6 years, just letting A.Smith walk away free and clear is not only a mistake but it is an unforgivable one. . .
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Deodato:
I would like to see the 49ers tag him

.......breathe.............breathe......
  • fly15
  • Veteran
waterboy
LOL, this will be an entertaining thread. Opened gateway to more bashing!

No, nothing SF can do. Alex will be an UFA, and SF would not attempt to F-tag him with duplicitous intentions. Just not an option.

If he walks, he walks away free and clear. You will just have to find a way to cope with your loss of 40 million. I figure he's earned it for having his early football career stunted by this organization. Hate him that much? Just be glad he's gone.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Nice try. Taking 9 words out of a sentence to for a laugh. Now lets look at the entire statement.

"I would like to see the 49ers tag him or resign him to a league minimal and then give him the Shaun Hill Special. Trade him to another team for draft picks."

Let me put it another way, I DID NOT mean tag with the intent to KEEP. I meant tag with the intent to not let him walk away free and clear. If we tag him, we can use that as a bargaining chip and shop him for picks. That is ALL I care about, getting something useful from a CLEARLY wasted Number 1 pick 6 years ago. . .
Originally posted by fly15:
waterboy

i say assistant water boy. If he does well there let him put ice in the cold tubs.
How would you use A.Smith in 2011?

As an excuse to find the tallest building in town and practice flying off of it.
[ Edited by Rathman_44 on Dec 8, 2010 at 7:21 AM ]
Originally posted by oldman9er:

No, nothing SF can do. Alex will be an UFA, and SF would not attempt to F-tag him with duplicitous intentions. Just not an option.

If he walks, he walks away free and clear. You will just have to find a way to cope with your loss of 40 million. I figure he's earned it for having his early football career stunted by this organization. Hate him that much? Just be glad he's gone.

If we can not Franchise Tag him, than I would suggest we resign him for pennies on the dollar and out a release clause in the contract. We trade him for picks to a team in need, if there are no suitors, we release. But unlike of fearless leader Mr.Singletary we need a plan going into the off season and 2011 draft.
Originally posted by oldman9er:

If we can not Franchise Tag him, than I would suggest we resign him for pennies on the dollar and out a release clause in the contract. We trade him for picks to a team in need, if there are no suitors, we release. But unlike of fearless leader Mr.Singletary we need a plan going into the off season and 2011 draft.

He would never sign such a contract, nor would his agent allow him to. Give it up... this isn't Madden.
  • evil
  • Veteran

Nice try. Taking 9 words out of a sentence to for a laugh. Now lets look at the entire statement.

"I would like to see the 49ers tag him or resign him to a league minimal and then give him the Shaun Hill Special. Trade him to another team for draft picks."

Let me put it another way, I DID NOT mean tag with the intent to KEEP. I meant tag with the intent to not let him walk away free and clear. If we tag him, we can use that as a bargaining chip and shop him for picks. That is ALL I care about, getting something useful from a CLEARLY wasted Number 1 pick 6 years ago. . .

Nobody is trading for a tagged Alex Smith...do you know how much money he makes if he signs the tag ?

Sign and trade ? This is not the NBA son nor is it Madden.

Wow.

As an open roster spot for a real QB!

Nobody is trading for a tagged Alex Smith...do you know how much money he makes if he signs the tag ?

Sign and trade ? This is not the NBA son nor is it Madden.

Wow.

This.

Why the hell would anyone pay Alex Smith 15 - 16 million?
There's most likely going to be a completely new regime at 49er HQ and it's impossible for me to imagine any scenario where a new regime would attempt to re-sign Alex Smith . . . for any reason. For the sake of the sanity of the 49er fan base, it's time to make a clean cut and move on.

I can't believe I even responded to this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd keep him and put him on the practice squad.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
There's most likely going to be a completely new regime at 49er HQ and it's impossible for me to imagine any scenario where a new regime would attempt to re-sign Alex Smith . . . for any reason. For the sake of the sanity of the 49er fan base, it's time to make a clean cut and move on.

I can't believe I even responded to this.

Share 49ersWebzone