There are 79 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 15)

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
When's the last time Frisco won in SD?

seems like its been a while since we beat SD in general

They beat us pretty well in 2006. The beat us in OT by 1 point in 2002. Last time SF went into SD and beat them was 2000... 45-17. Aside from preseason games, we have not played SD much over these years in SD.

Last time we played Alex had a generally smooth game...but our defense gave 4 TDs in the first half. I dont quite see that happening this time. Alex had 2 first half TDs. He had 214 yards, 2 TDs, 1 pick, and a 92.7 rating with Gilmore and Bryant as our "stud" WRs.
Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
I still think we can handle the chargers. AFC west is no better then the NFC west, and they have losses from the rams and seahawks. The chargers have not beat any serious playoff contenders besides the struggling Colts. So this is a very winnable game

Must have forgotten the Jaguars by 25, the Chiefs by 31, (and Colts by 22).

But, no, the Bolts aren't very tough at home in december. Not at all.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
We're probably gonna lose this game. Short week, and 90% of the roster/coaching staff will be looking too far ahead into the St. Louis game (which will be the biggest game of our season).

I dont agree that we're going to be just "looking ahead" to the Rams. Winning this game gives us some more leverage with the division. Losing this game means we rely on other teams losing. Why would any team want to put themselves in that situation?
Originally posted by SeattleSun:
Originally posted by BallGetRings49:
I still think we can handle the chargers. AFC west is no better then the NFC west, and they have losses from the rams and seahawks. The chargers have not beat any serious playoff contenders besides the struggling Colts. So this is a very winnable game

Must have forgotten the Jaguars by 25, the Chiefs by 31, (and Colts by 22).

But, no, the Bolts aren't very tough at home in december. Not at all.

The Chiefs.. without Cassell and a horrible Brodie Croyle who can't move the ball to save his life.
2k tickets needed to be sold by 5:30 Tuesday, 12/14, in order for the game to be broadcast locally in San Diego, per MM.

we just need to take the raiders blueprint for this game,btw did anyone watch those 2 games ?I'd like to know what they did to beat them.
We lose this game. Alex will struggle, defense will be picked apart.

It truly pains me to say it and I hope I'm wrong. There wasn't anything emotional about this win, but I don't think we're a good enough team to capitalize on momentum.
Man a we will PROBABLY make the playoffs with a win Thursday.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by txniner2:
we just need to take the raiders blueprint for this game,btw did anyone watch those 2 games ?I'd like to know what they did to beat them.

Special teams killed the Chargers in the first game against the Raiders. The second game, the Raiders ran for 251 yards to beat them.

What I want to know is, why could the Raiders run all over them, but the Chiefs couldn't even put up 50 total yards? The Chiefs are the #1 rushing team in the NFL.

I just don't get it.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by txniner2:

Special teams killed the Chargers in the first game against the Raiders. The second game, the Raiders ran for 251 yards to beat them.

What I want to know is, why could the Raiders run all over them, but the Chiefs couldn't even put up 50 total yards? The Chiefs are the #1 rushing team in the NFL.

I just don't get it.

load the box
damn just talked to some family in SD they said it will be 34-7 chargers. I hope they are overconfident.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:

load the box

You think they were that scared of Jason Campbell?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
damn just talked to some family in SD they said it will be 34-7 chargers. I hope they are overconfident.

They are.... It's gonna be 34-14.

• gage
  • Veteran

load the box

At least, one would think they were less scared of Brodie Croyle. Jason Campbell has shown he can get it done through the air occasionally.

load the box

no, but they weren't that scared of Croyle
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home