LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Eddie is in the HoF!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Glad he made the first cut. There's a lot of haterz out there for Eddie about his mistakes outside of football doe.

That would be one helluva acceptance speech from Eddie if he ever make it. He will be a good mess.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Nov 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM ]
Must of been the Football Life special that got him over the hump................HE DESERVE IT & HAS EARN IT..............GIVE THE MAN HIS JACKET
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Must of been the Football Life special that got him over the hump................HE DESERVE IT & HAS EARN IT..............GIVE THE MAN HIS JACKET

Pretty sure he's made the INITIAL cut the last 3 yrs...it's just the final vote he's gotta get over (I think last yr he was close) it's usually announce the wk before the Super Bowl
Eddie will probably get in. The NFL is working hard this year to rehabilitate him in the public mind (e.g. with the recent NFLN documentary). That's good. From the other semifinalists I find it simply ridiculous that Cris Carter and Charles Haley are not in. It would be nice to see George Seifert recognised at some stage as well, but the man never gets any respect. I love Roger and his 1000-1000 achievement was tremendous for the time, but there are too many RBs ahead of him in stats for him to easily get in.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Jed should take a few notes from Eddie D

He has.

Great coach ......... . check
Stay out the FB decisions..... check
Make smart off the field decisions check
Make Niners premier franchise check

When you add the Stadium on top of it.. well I'd say the kid learned pretty well from Uncle Eddie.

This
people forget (and im in my 20's) that eddie didnt just step foot in office and light a fire under the team and it just became what we know today.

IT TOOK HIM A LITTLE TIME TOO.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
I think Eddie might get in this time. The niners are gallivant again and he had a football life program to help him.
[ Edited by susweel on Nov 30, 2012 at 1:30 PM ]
Well God Bless Eddie, but it just exposes the hypocrisy and evil of the Hall of Fame voting committee, which is just a bunch of fat New York sportswriters, when they elect owners but continue year after year to ignore kickers and punters who actually played the game.

The Hall of Fame voting shoudl be taken away from the incompetent clown writers and given to the coaches, managers, and players in the league. Make the irrelevant media more irrelevant.
Originally posted by susweel:
I think Eddie might get in this time. The niners are gallivant again and he had a football life program to help him.

Bingo!
We are moven on up in the world...and boy does it feel good.

Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
What about John Taylor?

Come on!

That pisses me off. Taylor was 10x the player that Haley ever was--and a much better human being.
John was NOT 10 times the player Haley was period point-blank FACT. Also its not the human being Hall of Fame its the Pro Football Hall of Fame
A lot of these guys aren't particularly nice people especially some of the greats. Get over it.
So he made the finalist cut again this year (did the same last yr but didn't get over the hump)

We'll find out before the super bowl if the football life propaganda & hopefully a Niners spot in the big game will finally get him the overdue selection!
they only allow 5 each year

four this year include: larry allen, jonathan ogden, sapp, and strahan. 3 of those guys are a lock, possibly 4.

So idk if eddie will get in. I'd like to see charles haley get in this year
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jan 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
they only allow 5 each year

four this year include: larry allen, jonathan ogden, sapp, and strahan. 3 of those guys are a lock, possibly 4.

So idk if eddie will get in. I'd like to see charles haley get in this year

one or two of the spots are usually always reserved for an owner/exec/coach so Eddie should really be sized up against any other non-player candidates of this years nominees and not the retired players doe
roger craig will never get in.
Share 49ersWebzone