There are 251 users in the forums

Wasting the Career of Frank Gore...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I was just thinking about this the other day.

IMO opinion, Frank is the best RB this team has ever seen. He's better than Craig. He's better than Hearst. He's better than Perry. He's better than Watters (by alot).

What sucks the most about this is the "Barry Sanders" syndrome. This team has never been able to actually take advantage of that fact and get it together. My fear is that by the time this team gets a real OC with a real HC and a real QB, Franks best days will be behind him.

I hope I'm wrong, but RBs don't last that long. :-(
any good player we've had in the past 10 years has wasted away.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I agree Frank is the best we have ever had, and he will never make the HOF because the team he played for sucks major donkey dick and has a ninja turtle that got hit in the head too much as a coach.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

True, but it just burns me up most with Frank. a RBs career is soooo short and he plays sooooo hard.

I just hope he can stay healthy long enough to see this team succeed.
I totally agree. We killed HOF talent on this team. Frank is great and the offense is a mess. Ruined him. And by the time he is done, he will be at tha age where nobody will want him.

sad
I was thinking about that around this time last year,I think after the Packers loss,but yea I really feel bad for Frank
I think he's probably going to be traded during the off-season (under the new coaching regime), hopefully he'll go to a team where he has a good offensive coordinator/line built for his style of running.
This has crossed my mind many times before.
  • JD81
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I was just thinking about this the other day.

IMO opinion, Frank is the best RB this team has ever seen. He's better than Craig. He's better than Hearst. He's better than Perry. He's better than Watters (by alot).

What sucks the most about this is the "Barry Sanders" syndrome. This team has never been able to actually take advantage of that fact and get it together. My fear is that by the time this team gets a real OC with a real HC and a real QB, Franks best days will be behind him.

I hope I'm wrong, but RBs don't last that long. :-(

I wrote a commentary/article on this topic prior to the 2008 season.....

http://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/638-niners-cant-afford-take-gore-granted/
Does make me sad and angry that Frank Gore among others has to function behind this offensive supporting cast. He really is a special talent, and I'm thankful that he seems to still be die-hard 49er through it all.

I really wanted to draft Brandford from Rams.. then I really wanted to draft Mark Ingram @ RB at Alamba.. If My draft is right...
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think he's probably going to be traded during the off-season (under the new coaching regime), hopefully he'll go to a team where he has a good offensive coordinator/line built for his style of running.

Here we go with the trade frank, blah blah blah. You only trade a guy like frank if he's your third or 4th best offensive player. You don't trade THE BEST player on your offense.

Use your head, man.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
The Niners are accelerating his decline by relying on him so much this year. I would love for him to still be effective until we can hopefully build a winning team (please please please let it be the coaching change after this year that brings this about). He deserves to be on a playoff team.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Here's a testament to just how predictable we are and just how bad our blocking is.

Gore making something out of nothing on a bunch of these plays. Not the best quality, but the best example of highlights I could find to show this.

[ Edited by Wodwo on Nov 23, 2010 at 17:58:15 ]
Share 49ersWebzone