There are 309 users in the forums

Wasting the Career of Frank Gore...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by binary2nd:
He's lost a step, definitely. The rate at which he breaks long runs has declined dramatically. He's still quality though, but he needs to be used properly. Forcefeeding him only worked in his second year.

Wut?

How do you not see that it is the blocking and coaching that are at fault here? He's not breaking runs because there are no holes because our line can't block and the defense knows what gap he's going to hit before the ball is even snapped.

Yes, he's getting more attempts per game this season than he has since 2006. We weren't "force feeding" him in 2006, though. Norv Turner knows how to run an offense. Gore had a great season because the play calling was diverse, unpredictable, and the blocking didn't suck... and because Gore > All.

He hasn't had that since 2006. Not even close.

Lost a step? Did you see him break the 64 yarder? The only reason he didn't score was because he was waiting for Crabtree to hold his block. If he'd just kept running, he'd have scored. Dumb move on his part, I agree, but does it mean he's lost a step? Are you kidding me?

Did you even watch the videos I posted? Be honest.
yea and the Lions wasted Barry Sanders career. It happens when good players go to crappy teams. Welcome to the world of the NFL.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by backontop:
yea and the Lions wasted Barry Sanders career. It happens when good players go to crappy teams. Welcome to the world of the NFL.

me and my brother have been saying this the past 3 years now. that frank gore in his prime is sadly being wasted away.
yeah I predicted this years ago, which is why I have suggested many times in the past to trade him

I always knew we were too far away from ever being able to use him.

Willis, Crabs , VD...sure once the rebuild is done they will have a couple of years left in them...but Gore was always tradeable in my book.

Now its too late.

[ Edited by danimal on Nov 23, 2010 at 23:16:10 ]

Originally posted by danimal:
yeah I predicted this years ago, which is why I have suggested many times in the past to trade him

Willis, Crabs , VD...sure once the rebuild is done they will have a couple of years left in them...but Gore was always tradeable in my book.

Now its too late.

to late? There would be teams drooling over acquiring Frank Gore.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

Now its too late.

Ok, stop with the trade talk already. We're going to have a new "regime" next season. He'll only be 28. Still a few years to hope.

Anyway, look at Tomlinson this year. How about Thomas Jones? Both over 30. Both start sharing carries after they lose a step and are fine. Don't count a dude out.

Gore would be a beast third down back even after 30.

Now its too late.

If we were giving him away, certainly. But why should we do that.

Several posters seems to think that it would be worth trading him. So what do you think we would get, in draft picks?

In my view it simply would not be worth it.
Originally posted by English:

Now its too late.

If we were giving him away, certainly. But why should we do that.

Several posters seems to think that it would be worth trading him. So what do you think we would get, in draft picks?

In my view it simply would not be worth it.

I wouldn't want Frank Gore to be traded. He needs to remain a 49er. I was simply just replying to the comment about it being to late as if Frank Gore has lost all of his value.

gtfo with these dumb ideas...
I have been thinking about this very thing for a long time now. It sucks because not only are we wasting the talent of Gore but also the best years of VD's career. The best years of Willis' career are going down the drain as well. Granted TE's and LB's have a longer NFL lifespan than a RB does but still. We have tons of talent and its all being wasted. I feel bad for them all, but yes I feel the worst for Frank because he really has no chance to be a great RB after he leaves us. Unless he has an LT type situation, which isn't impossible! we love you frank and thanks for being a true pro while with this team!
Gore, more than likely never would have made the hall of fame, even if the team were better. Gore came in to the league with major knee issues, and has suffered minor injuries and missed games almost every season he's played. He probably will not, and would not have, played long enough to accumulate enough stats to get in to the hall.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
you ever heard of Barry f**kin Sanders?
Share 49ersWebzone