There are 224 users in the forums

Next week in this division is HUGE

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If we can steal one (doubt it) against TB, it will be a great week. Otherwise we all lose.
  • Antix
  • Veteran
I dunno. The Bucs are good at playing close and you know how against our team is against blowing teams out. When we have the chance to we'll just have three TDs called back or fumble on the 2 yard line or something.

If the game is close the Bucs will win. If the Bucs have the ball with less than 2 mins and have to score a FG to win or tie they will, our D offers little resistance in this situation. Our only hope is that we're up by at least 4 and maybe we can stop them from getting a final TD.
Im very confident that the niners will win this game.
Well, I wouldn't say I'm confident that our 9ers will win this game, but I'll say we should be right there at the end...

1) Tampa Bay ranks 2nd last in the league in rushing defense. We should be able to run Frank wherever, however we want ALL DAY. Hopefully, M.J. continues to develop and throws in some QB bootlegs and Troy continues to take advantage of play action and hit his receives downfield with those lightning bolts.

2) P-Willy was ALL OVER S-Jack yesterday, so I see no reason to believe that either Blount or Cadillac have any success against our run defense. Bottom line, we make Blount pay for his snub...

3) Manny has played well these past few weeks, so I look for him to help take Winslow out of the game. I also have a feeling that Goldson is due for a big game and he's gonna lay the wood on Tampa's young receivers and anyone coming down the middle.

4) Tampa Bay's pass rush (sack totals) are also near the bottom of the league, so, despite the concerns regarding our offensive line, I see our young RT making up for his huge mistakes against St. Louis. Also, while Staley is our long-term rock at LT, we need to remember that Sims filled in more than admirably last year when we needed him. Either way, Troy Smith seems to thrive under a bit of pressure, so bring it on...

My only real concern is Freeman's own ability to extend plays and connect with his young, talented receiving corp. I see Freeman connecting on deep passes against us AT LEAST two times next week. Still, we dominate in every other facet of the game and win another nailbiter.

49ers 27, Tampa Bay 23.

Shanghai'D...
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
the entire NFC west will lose this coming week.

Very good chance, but we are the only team favored right now.

Being favored doesn't mean anything. They always give 3 points to the home team.

True but that means the odds makers are saying we are as good as the Bucs. If the other Smith was playing we would have at least been 3 pt under dogs.
it would be huge to beat Tampa
You know what's great about this thread? WE STILL HAVE A SHOT! 3 weeks ago there was a thread that came up talking about how the whole season was lost and it's all over, now we're talking about being a game out of first place in the division. I for one, am stoked! LETS GO NINERS!
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:
You know what's great about this thread? WE STILL HAVE A SHOT! 3 weeks ago there was a thread that came up talking about how the whole season was lost and it's all over, now we're talking about being a game out of first place in the division. I for one, am stoked! LETS GO NINERS!

this. I'm so excited for this weekend! Being in the hunt again feels nice!!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

this. I'm so excited for this weekend! Being in the hunt again feels nice!!

The players' notion that it's March Madness is a perfect example. Each and every week is a must win (technically not, but it's already mathematically slim that we pull it off anyway and losing makes the odds very, very small). Tampa Bay is still a team trying to prove themselves. And how you prove yourself in the NFL is winning on the road. Freeman seems to be a good, if not great, qb but the remainder of the team still ranks below us, talent wise.
  • dj43
Originally posted by billbird2111:
I think we run the table...

Well -- perhaps that's "hope" more than "think."

The webzone where hope springs eternal.

Originally posted by TheChozen:

Being favored doesn't mean anything. They always give 3 points to the home team.

logic fail.
What is the Bucs record on the road this season?
  • Pick6
  • Veteran

oh wow, we're favored over the Bucs?? What the????

Yes -- I linked to it. There are only three home 'dogs nest week: STL, MIN, and CAR.

Tampa is 4-0 in games decided by 3 points or less -- people are betting that trend won't continue (historically, it can't).

NEVER bet against a trend.
Originally posted by Pick6:

Yes -- I linked to it. There are only three home 'dogs nest week: STL, MIN, and CAR.

Tampa is 4-0 in games decided by 3 points or less -- people are betting that trend won't continue (historically, it can't).

Barrack Obama would disagree
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Pick6:

Barrack Obama would disagree

That's not saying much.
Share 49ersWebzone