LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 234 users in the forums

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
If Alex is close to 100%, I start him, but I won't be upset if Troy starts. He did enough today.., had overall good protection and a little luck on his side. I was proud of him and he helped us win the game. So whatever they decide, it's good to know that Troy can come in and do enough to be considered a starting option at this time.
conclusion: at least troy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>carr

Yes, I think we can say that much for sure. Carr didn't get much of a chance, but he looked lousy in that short time... so I got no problem with the Troy>Davis sentiment.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can't imagine any reason to start Alex Smith. He is who he is. He's ok. That's it.

Let's see what we have in Troy. Maybe we wont have to draft a QB.

Watching his interview right now, the guy is a leader! He just has an aura of confidence. I dont know if he is the future, but it's worth a shot. He's already proven he can win.

How do you know he is a leader? Ah, I forgot you might have watched the game today and adopted everything the commentators told you. I wonder if anyone on this team has ever said Alex has stepped up into that leadership position? Maybe you could find that out for me...
It doesn't matter. Even if Troy Smith wins the games and does great, our hard-headed coach will put in Alex. It took Michael Lewis quitting the team before putting the dynamic rookie Mays out there.
Hard to say...

I'd like to see Troy lead our team after two weeks of preparation and an expanded playbook.

On the other hand, with the season tanked, it might be better for Alex to be outplayed completely by Bradford to show the stark contrast in talent level.

Hmmm...
The difference between Troy being the hero and the goat today is based on two plays: The low percentage deep throw into double coverage (that resulted in the improbable catch by Walker) and the fumble that happened to luckily bounce back into Troy's hands. If the more likely had happened, Troy would have been the goat. But greatness depends on luck sometimes in the minds of the challenged.
Smith and it isnt even close
Alex needs a new team, play Troy....well, till the oline misses another assignment and another smith gets injured. But do like Troys arm strength.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Does it really matter?

Yes.
Alex got a Win too and the team that he beat kicked the hell out of the team that Troy Smith just beat.

So I think maybe we should dial back the blind hatred and let's see where we're at. If Sing makes the move then I'll cheer on Troy Smith. If not then I cheer on Alex Smith.

Man, 186 votes and over 3/4 of them in favor of a guy who barely beat a crappy Denver team. Unreal.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Peanut49:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I can't imagine any reason to start Alex Smith. He is who he is. He's ok. That's it.

Let's see what we have in Troy. Maybe we wont have to draft a QB.

Watching his interview right now, the guy is a leader! He just has an aura of confidence. I dont know if he is the future, but it's worth a shot. He's already proven he can win.

How do you know he is a leader? Ah, I forgot you might have watched the game today and adopted everything the commentators told you. I wonder if anyone on this team has ever said Alex has stepped up into that leadership position? Maybe you could find that out for me...

All week the one constant in Singletary interviews was him saying how he loved Troy's leadership.. I think the concept is overrated myself, I mean with grown men getting a check and all. So there is no doubt in my mind that it's now become Troy's job to lose..... By the way quick question, has the 9ers ever started a black QB before today? I dont recall one.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
lol its een 1 game against a crappy bronco team when they have no film of troy smith lets wait and see

Let the excuses begin!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Alex got a Win too and the team that he beat kicked the hell out of the team that Troy Smith just beat.

So I think maybe we should dial back the blind hatred and let's see where we're at. If Sing makes the move then I'll cheer on Troy Smith. If not then I cheer on Alex Smith.

Man, 186 votes and over 3/4 of them in favor of a guy who barely beat a crappy Denver team. Unreal.

~Ceadder

Yes -- you are.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
It doesn't matter. Even if Troy Smith wins the games and does great, our hard-headed coach will put in Alex. It took Michael Lewis quitting the team before putting the dynamic rookie Mays out there.

well Mr Dynamic also gave up a huge play of 40 yards
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
The problem with Troy, is that you know the coaching staff is going to tell him he should be passing the ball deep, and that he should be throwing to his check down or throwing it out of bounds when he rolls to his right.

Yeah, his roll right and throw-away was pitiful today. He was hitting guys between the numbers and moving the chains when he had an entire sideline open for the throw-away pass. Disgraceful!

I actcually laughed out loud!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Willie Beaman...err....I mean Troy Smith!!!
Share 49ersWebzone