Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Gavintech:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Alex Smith has proved to be injury prone. How many seasons has he been injured now?

3 out of 6 seasons. Say what you want but on top of not performing up to par he's getting hurt a lot.

Alex Smith is the only 49er QB ever to take every snap in a single season

Yeah I'm aware of that. And?

That spells out: "NOT INJURY PRONE".

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s).

When Rocky Bernard comes unblocked and separates your shoulder it's not because you are injury prone (2007). When that injury is not handled or fixed correctly and the bone breaks in training camp without contact (2008) that has nothing to do with being "injury prone". When another passrusher comes through unblocked and drives you into the turf with all their power/weight on your other shoulder (2010) and the shoulder is separated that also has nothing to do with being "injury prone".
Alex Smith has proved to be injury prone. How many seasons has he been injured now?

3 out of 6 seasons. Say what you want but on top of not performing up to par he's getting hurt a lot.

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s).

When Rocky Bernard comes unblocked and separates your shoulder it's not because you are injury prone (2007). When that injury is not handled or fixed correctly and the bone breaks in training camp without contact (2008) that has nothing to do with being "injury prone". When another passrusher comes through unblocked and drives you into the turf with all their power/weight on your other shoulder (2010) and the shoulder is separated that also has nothing to do with being "injury prone".

IMO he's injury prone. Who cares he won't be on this roster next year.
Originally posted by Afrikan:

That spells out: injured in 07, 08, and 2010. He keeps getting injured in the same area(s). How much money should we invest in those eyebrows??

everything

Hmmm, I saw those same eyebrows once ... let's see.
Oh yeah ... Groucho Marx! All he needs is a cigar!
"just happy to have troy right now" - crabtree.

troy did some things i think alex couldn't and wouldn't do.

even if alex starts this time i know for sure coaching won't hesitate to bench him if he becomes the alex that we been used to seeing more of.

might alex be better off in dallas???
  • Jiks
Originally posted by keeferr75:
"just happy to have troy right now" - crabtree.

troy did some things i think alex couldn't and wouldn't do.

even if alex starts this time i know for sure coaching won't hesitate to bench him if he becomes the alex that we been used to seeing more of.

might alex be better off in dallas???

As a Smith supporter, I would love to see Alex in Dallas. Both the 49ers and Alex need to move on. There is no reason what-so-ever for this to continue. A fresh start would be the best option for both. I think Troy Smith should ride out the rest of this season, at least unless he falters, then I say Nate Davis. There is no reason for Alex to be around anymore. No reason for him to sit and be criticized by his every little move even when he's not even playing. Go to Dallas where he may be needed, and lets all move on.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Nov 1, 2010 at 12:44 PM ]

IMO he's injury prone. Who cares he won't be on this roster next year.

Having your shoulder forcefully removed from its socket and not having it heal properly does not mean injury prone.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Originally posted by Envy:
Honestly I would go with Alex. I'm not an Alex fan either but Troy had a very good 4Q but was also very average throughout the rest of the game.

Maybe we weren't watching the same game? Troy wasn't exactly turned loose until later in the game when it looked like the run, run smash em in the mouth wasn't gonna work.

No we probably were watching the same game but I just saw as equally as many over thrown passes as Alex dishes out. I'm not going to piss on Troy's parade because right now he is the only QB we have with a winning record but is he the future of our franchise? I can't say for sure. So if you are asking me which back up QB I would want starting for the 9ers then I'd go with the guy who has the most experience.
I can't believe everyone is kissing troy smith's ass just cause he made a "LUCKY" throw! If it wasn't for that we would of lost the game, and reading your comments calling him our franchise qb and thinking he's going to develop into a top 5 qb is well whatever. I still think ALEX smith is the best option at quarterback not troy smith who after a lucky throw you guys think he belongs with montana young and garcia
IBTL
It was a lucky throw.

so crabtree's TD was lucky too? that 1 yard run in lucky too? 196 yards of pure luck? his entire performance is being judge by 1 play .....
Originally posted by ace130:
I can't believe everyone is kissing troy smith's ass just cause he made a "LUCKY" throw! If it wasn't for that we would of lost the game, and reading your comments calling him our franchise qb and thinking he's going to develop into a top 5 qb is well whatever. I still think ALEX smith is the best option at quarterback not troy smith who after a lucky throw you guys think he belongs with montana young and garcia

What up Alex! how's the shoulder?
  • SFGem
  • Veteran
troy seemed way more poised in the pocket than alex has looked in his six years as qb.

i liked the pump fake on the td pass to crabtree. (has alex ever done that?)

he was able to make passes to the rb without over/underthrowing.

troy didn't need the shotgun formation.

i see a lot of positves with troy smith. and my favorite moment was when he blocked the hell out of that defensive player.
That throw was one of those, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyessssssss!" moments.
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
That throw was one of those, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooyyyyyyyessssssss!" moments.

it's funny that everyone only talks about "that throw" he had a good game and showed poise and leadership
Share 49ersWebzone