LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 290 users in the forums

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by rapid4:
The only short qb that was ever any good was Warren Moon.

Not even -- Moon is listed at 6'3". T. Smith is listed at 6 even.

Drew Brees is 6' and pretty good I hear...
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Truth be told, troy smith looked like crap through three quarters. I think he had 67 yards of passing through the third.

hard to pass on run plays

yup. i watched the 1st half of the game then had to leave to the airport. I was pissed that they weren't letting him pass more than they did.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
The only thing that makes Alex our best qb is his knowledge of the playbook. With time he will lose that competitive advantage.

At last, have we seen the end of the Alex Smith era?
Yeah it's only one game, but like everyone is saying, he looks poised out there with just little practice and not playing a full game since 07, gotta give the man some props. We already know what Alex can do ... I'd rather have Troy out there and keep on developing his skills.
Truth be told, troy smith looked like crap through three quarters. I think he had 67 yards of passing through the third.

This. The play calling was HORRIBLE. Not Troy's fault.

True, but the throws he did make consisted of 2 nice slants, a couple checkdowns, and an array of off target passes. Fans tend to forget the bad stuff, and remember only the good.
Troy can make plays. Bottom line.

True, but the throws he did make consisted of 2 nice slants, a couple checkdowns, and an array of off target passes. Fans tend to forget the bad stuff, and remember only the good.

3 or 4 decent passes, but yes, close enough..
Originally posted by djfullshred:
It's not that people love Troy Smith. Most fans just would rather see anyone new get a chance instead of seeing more of the same with Alex Smith.

perfectly said

... and you don't?

There's a saying "Look in your own backyard"!

Troy should def get the start
[ Edited by DANADA on Nov 1, 2010 at 2:59 PM ]
Who's Alex?
The only short qb that was ever any good was Warren Moon.

Drew Brees is short.
I hate to say I told you so but, look at this Thread I made back in Feb....... Before the beautiful and talented (--------------) ang lock it..' The funny part is look at the comments by VAlrod and others in hind sight.....

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138264&highlight=D-NOTTE
[ Edited by D-NOTTE on Nov 1, 2010 at 2:28 PM ]
Originally posted by D-NOTTE:
I hate to say I told you so but, look at this Thread I made back in Feb....... Before the beautiful and talented (--------------) ang lock it..' The funny part is look at the comments by VAlrod and others in hind sight.....

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=138264&highlight=D-NOTTE

YungAce got his wish as you did,
Share 49ersWebzone