LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which Smith should start Week 10?

Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Originally posted by BleedRandG:
Sing put Alex back in instead of Troy. I would be frigin POed if that happened! It is time to move on and see what Troy's got. We got a taste of what he can do today. Now lets see if he can be consistent. I have confidence that he will continue to improve his game and get us some more W's. From what I've heard he prepared like a mad man this week and even kept the Offense after practice to keep on working. The guy did not even go sight seeing for crying out loud when the rest of team did! So far so good for Troy, and I hope he continues to get better for the team's sake. Discuss.........

P.S. Troy better be starting cuz I am going to the rams game in 2 weeks!

Id be okay with Alex coming back when he's fully healthy.
I think obviously Troy looked alright but theres also no tape on him.
Team will be able to game plan for him better over time.
Alex is our best quarterback and I want to win games so therefore I'm on the play alex when he's healthy bandwagon.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Yes, rejoice Niner fans. The 49ers win on Sunday, the baseball Giants won on Sunday, a better QB than Alex has stepped into the breach to give hope to fans everywhere.

Hurray!

5 of our remaining 8 games are in the division. We have two wins the division leader has 4. This ain't over yet!

It's a double edged sword. I want Troy to succeed so that we can at least have a good backup guy next year at QB. For Troy to succeed, the Niners will have to win. For the Niners to win, Sing will have to look good.

If Sing looks good, Jed might give him another shot next year, and thats a no-no.

The second half of this season is going to be full of drama, but I prefer this over the "whether or not Alex is the future" bs we've been going through the past 6 years......

Jed's practically on record as saying no more Sing unless he wins multiple playoff games at which point Sing would deserve it.

I honestly don't think 8-8 will save him, not this year if they don't make the playoffs.
Other than injury, I don't see Alex Smith taking another snap for this franchise ever again...and I'm perfectly with this.
Originally posted by sspiker:
Assuming Alex Smith is healthy after the bye, who should start in Week 10 vs the Rams?

i just want to know the 23% Morons that have not had enough of 6 years of bulls**t plays form Alex !
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Assuming Alex Smith is healthy after the bye, who should start in Week 10 vs the Rams?

i just want to know the 23% Morons that have not had enough of 6 years of bulls**t plays form Alex !

Probably the majority of these guys:

Pro Alex Smith - Believes Alex Smith will become a Good QB, like at least a Matt Hasselbeck
HomerJ
Gore_21
blacksailsmd
hondakillerzx
ninertico
vrabbit
KALI-KING
Snider8706
XAnGeLicDiabLoX
schmons
DaDivaRecieva15
NickV
MickerMack8
Crazy4Niners
SFCH3DDERZ
servegmo
mavfd9er
49ersMan420
valrod33
NinerBuff
kidash
JohnnyMo49
7square
BHulman
robduce42
Method
jreff22
DJD
elguapo
TheNaitch
msninerfan73
Jakemall
kemp_j
FILTHpigskin
NickSh49
Redeemer
SanDiego49er
jeremy300
9erfanAUS
Hitman49
DertDonahue
defenderDX
GoNiners80
chico49erfan
9erfanAUS
socalniner
ncninerfan
Axl49
WestCoast
Memphis9er
frankie
bigmur49
adrenaline
crazyscotsman
hofer36
seeking6th
jaysto7017
insanemike27
kemp_i
5280High
Niners99
RC49
oldman9er
CHAMBAZ
remdob1
Method
Ninerfan56
The_Distort
fan49
SFATeflonDon
TheGoldStandard
Paul_Hofer
alex2125
Druckenmiller14
49ersalldayaway126
qnhan7
Ptulini
sincalfaithful
craigyboy
Super5
maya0724
49faithful_sik
hofer36
English
hondakillerzx
LoboLtnLvr49er
49ersNoKaOi
CainanUK
OregonNiner87
kemp_i
49ersalldayaway126
TDilvr
excelsior
backontop
dbdublin
PYMWYMI Alex Smith
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by DesiDez:
From Peter King MMQB, who gave Troy Smith his offensive player of the week award
Quote:

Troy Smith, QB, San Francisco.

Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense .... Pretty amazing deal. And Smith played well: 12 of 19, 196 yards, one rushing touchdown, one passing touchdown, no interceptions, and a gaudy 115.2 rating. "I'm not looking back at what should have been or what might have happened,'' Smith told me from London, after the Niners beat the Broncos in the league's international game at Wembley Stadium. "I'm just taking this chance and running with it.''

As I said on NBC Sunday night, you'll almost certainly see Troy Smith replace Alex Smith, regardless of Alex's health, when the 49ers come off their bye in 13 days against the Rams. My take is that Mike Singletary sees Troy as the make-something-happen sparkplug he never saw in Alex -- or in backup David Carr.

Alex's injury is a perfect "reason" to hide the benching, much like the personal reasons we heard earlier in the year for guys like Michael Lewis. Hopefully, Alex will request for his release.

I do think Troy showed enough to get another chance, and the bye is the perfect time for him to get more practice. Hope we see Troy given more command against the Rams to get an idea of how good he is/can be.

I think Niner Talk has been riding his nuts way too much, but I hope he gets another start or two. And I agree, the injury is the perfect excuse to do this; if Troy fails, then a healthy Alex can step back in with no drama.

Did you not read that
Quote:
Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense
??

Oh, and he did get us the Win. Nothing else matters and that's more than enough for me.
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
From Peter King MMQB, who gave Troy Smith his offensive player of the week award
Quote:

Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense .... Pretty amazing deal. And Smith played well: 12 of 19, 196 yards, one rushing touchdown, one passing touchdown, no interceptions, and a gaudy 115.2 rating. "I'm not looking back at what should have been or what might have happened,'' Smith told me from London, after the Niners beat the Broncos in the league's international game at Wembley Stadium. "I'm just taking this chance and running with it.''

As I said on NBC Sunday night, you'll almost certainly see Troy Smith replace Alex Smith, regardless of Alex's health, when the 49ers come off their bye in 13 days against the Rams. My take is that Mike Singletary sees Troy as the make-something-happen sparkplug he never saw in Alex -- or in backup David Carr.

Alex's injury is a perfect "reason" to hide the benching, much like the personal reasons we heard earlier in the year for guys like Michael Lewis. Hopefully, Alex will request for his release.

I do think Troy showed enough to get another chance, and the bye is the perfect time for him to get more practice. Hope we see Troy given more command against the Rams to get an idea of how good he is/can be.

I think Niner Talk has been riding his nuts way too much, but I hope he gets another start or two. And I agree, the injury is the perfect excuse to do this; if Troy fails, then a healthy Alex can step back in with no drama.

Did you not read that
Quote:
Smith hadn't started an NFL game in 34 months -- since a Dec. 30, 2007 win over the Steelers as a Baltimore Raven. And to find out you'll get the start while in London, five days before the game, when you've never worked with the first-unit offense
??

Oh, and he did get us the Win. Nothing else matters and that's more than enough for me.

Troy earned it, I think alex will be back before the end of the season though. (especially if anthony davis stays on the Oline)
Troy without a doubt
Quote:

Then, name some other "nuts" to ride. It's not like we have a lot of balls out there, swaying in the breeze.

Finally, we see some "Plays". It's been so long for us it's like a sailor getting to his first play since being out to sea for tooooo long. We are going to soak in it like there's no tomorrow.

But I hear what ya sayin' man.

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
Quote:

Did you not read that
Quote:
??

Troy Smith = (Shaun Hill+mobility+speed). dump Alex. Promote Nate to #2. drop Carr to #3. And we're all good.
disapointed but sadly, not surprised
If alex smith is put in?

I'd kinda be happy

because we'd probably end up with a better draft pick
f**k Smith! Lets go with Smith!
Share 49ersWebzone