There are 225 users in the forums

Please dont have a late season surge

Shop Find 49ers gear online
The Niners need Locker or Luck. To pick in the top spots they need to continue there present tragjectory and it will happen.

Worst case scenario would be if they win a few games, drop to 7 or 8 and take Mallet way to early.

2010 is OVER. The niners need a qb, take one for the team and tank the rest of the season. It should not be that hard, look how bad you play when you are trying to win.
What are we? The GS Warriors?
Originally posted by aMikeNolanGuy:
What are we? The GS Warriors?

Since the Yorks have taken over for Eddie D, the niners are in the same grouping as the warriors.
This team needs more than a QB, I would rather get a pass rush, o-line, and a secondary before getting a new QB. Look at the Chargers right now, Philip Rivers is a top 5 QB, but you saw it the other day, he threw for 400+ yards, they still lost.

This teams problems go a lot deeper than Alex Smith.

We need a coaching change first.
future lock out could force them to stay in school
The idea of getting a very young team to tank not half way through the season is ill-founded.
The best hope is that they hire a real gm and head coach after the season. do that and regardless of draft position your team will progress. I'm not donw with the let's lose the rest of the games theory.
Originally posted by lamontb:
The best hope is that they hire a real gm and head coach after the season. do that and regardless of draft position your team will progress. I'm not donw with the let's lose the rest of the games theory.
I hate people who want us to tank the rest of the season just to get a better draft position. I want the niners to play as hard as they can every game, even if we don't go to the playoffs.
Originally posted by English:
The idea of getting a very young team to tank not half way through the season is ill-founded.

They have already tanked. This team is a bunch of posers. Either that or we all severely overrated them.

Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

They have already tanked. This team is a bunch of posers. Either that or we all severely overrated them.

Did they look like posers before? Looks like a coaching and preparation shortfall to me. I don't think we are that short of talent. I just don't think the talent is being prepared and used well.
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:

Did they look like posers before? Looks like a coaching and preparation shortfall to me. I don't think we are that short of talent. I just don't think the talent is being prepared and used well.

This.
Agreed. We suck at playing catch-up. Just lose baby.
I have a different view, actually.

The plan should be:

1. Win the Denver game and go to 2-6; it is still realistic, since the Broncos just gave up 59 points against Oakland.

2. Hope that the other teams in the division end up to 4-4 in two weeks; not unrealistic, given their schedules.

3. Get Alex back after the bye; a non-throwing shoulder may heal enough in three weeks; surgery may be postponed until the end of the season.

4. Play the two homegames after the bye as our last chance and get on a positive roll.

5. Win the five remaining division games plus one (Tampa ?, 8-8) and hope for the best.

6. Reduce the rookie mistakes. As the season progresses, rookies should learn.

My main concern in all this: how can they generate some offense without Alex in the Wembley game ?

Still, the team can make it.

That's the plan for the rest of the season. The Yorks can think about firing Singletary (or selling the team ;-)) after the season ends.

In the meantime, Go Niners !
I'm sorry I've never been a fan of tanking games just to better a draft spot. If that draft spot is so needed trades can be made.
Share 49ersWebzone