There are 189 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Perfect storm.

I've been a 49er fan my entire life. This season has been the most disappointing one I have endured. Until today I have truly believed that we still had a legitimate shot to win the NFC west. I no longer buy into this illusion.

I see a number of variables when I watch our games. I'm new to the webzone but the majority of our posts seem to be kneejerk reactions as if one change will change our season. Bring in Nate Davis. Bring in Troy Smith. Bring in David Carr. Come on. The 49ers have some serious problems. A simplistic solution will not solve them all.

Our first problem begins with our coaching. We have been outcoached all year. (Especially against KC and Seattle) Our philosophy is similar to the 90s Cowboys. That philosophy states that we are going to run our gameplan and I dare you to stop it. The problem is that we don't have the players to do this. The Kansas City Chiefs run a gameplan that's virtually impossible to predict. I remember Mark Trestmans gameplan against the Cowboys when Grback was subbing for the injured young. We were completely unpredictable. We threw when they thought we would run. Vice versa. Footballs a chessmatch. And unfortunately our coaches must suck at chess.

The second issue is that we seriously overestimated our team this offseason. We signed David Carr and William James. That was our answer to put our team over the top. David Carr is horrible. He wasn't prepared to play today. Alex isn't horrible but he's not that good either. Our quarterback dictates how good our team can be. We have weapons. If Crabtree played for the Giants he would be putting up Hakeem Nicks numbers. If Vernon played for San Diego he would be amazing. And Frank Gore is one of the best backs I have ever watched. I've actually seen posts asking if he is finished. Give me a break.

The solution will not come this year unfortunately. We will win some games but we will not become great with our current leadership. This offseason we need to hire a experienced coach who will hire a proven coaching staff. We need to draft a quarterback. Our line will be much improved. We need to improve our cornerbacks and get younger. Our defense is pretty good. They just aren't getting any support from our offense.

Difficult problems will not be solved using simplistic solutions. We have a ways to go.
can you guys say Patrick Peterson
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.

Again that is a very simplistic answer that is very wrong. Their offense had the ball for 37 minutes. Our offense had the ball for 23. If we gave Peyton Manning that time he would throw for 600 yards.
I have the solution.

For next season, we need to sign Favre.
we really could use a shutdown CB
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.

Again that is a very simplistic answer that is very wrong. Their offense had the ball for 37 minutes. Our offense had the ball for 23. If we gave Peyton Manning that time he would throw for 600 yards.

Carolina had many sustained drives, and that trend started in the first half.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
I believe its a matter of the culture our club has. The Patriots and Colts have developed a culture of innovation and attention to detail. The thrive of challenges and play football like a chess game.

We don't. We used too. We used to be the standard for that but no longer. I miss the old days.
Originally posted by Envy:
I believe its a matter of the culture our club has. The Patriots and Colts have developed a culture of innovation and attention to detail. The thrive of challenges and play football like a chess game.

We don't. We used too. We used to be the standard for that but no longer. I miss the old days.

I feel you and I completely agree.
Our defense also forced three turnovers and scored 7 pts. They have their faults but the fact is, the offense is continues to give the games away.
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
I've been a 49er fan my entire life. This season has been the most disappointing one I have endured. Until today I have truly believed that we still had a legitimate shot to win the NFC west. I no longer buy into this illusion.

I see a number of variables when I watch our games. I'm new to the webzone but the majority of our posts seem to be kneejerk reactions as if one change will change our season. Bring in Nate Davis. Bring in Troy Smith. Bring in David Carr. Come on. The 49ers have some serious problems. A simplistic solution will not solve them all.

Our first problem begins with our coaching. We have been outcoached all year. (Especially against KC and Seattle) Our philosophy is similar to the 90s Cowboys. That philosophy states that we are going to run our gameplan and I dare you to stop it. The problem is that we don't have the players to do this. The Kansas City Chiefs run a gameplan that's virtually impossible to predict. I remember Mark Trestmans gameplan against the Cowboys when Grback was subbing for the injured young. We were completely unpredictable. We threw when they thought we would run. Vice versa. Footballs a chessmatch. And unfortunately our coaches must suck at chess.

The second issue is that we seriously overestimated our team this offseason. We signed David Carr and William James. That was our answer to put our team over the top. David Carr is horrible. He wasn't prepared to play today. Alex isn't horrible but he's not that good either. Our quarterback dictates how good our team can be. We have weapons. If Crabtree played for the Giants he would be putting up Hakeem Nicks numbers. If Vernon played for San Diego he would be amazing. And Frank Gore is one of the best backs I have ever watched. I've actually seen posts asking if he is finished. Give me a break.

The solution will not come this year unfortunately. We will win some games but we will not become great with our current leadership. This offseason we need to hire a experienced coach who will hire a proven coaching staff. We need to draft a quarterback. Our line will be much improved. We need to improve our cornerbacks and get younger. Our defense is pretty good. They just aren't getting any support from our offense.

Difficult problems will not be solved using simplistic solutions. We have a ways to go.

well said
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Our defense also forced three turnovers and scored 7 pts. They have their faults but the fact is, the offense is continues to give the games away.

The defense sucked ass today, but did come up with 3 turnovers you are right. Someone on offense or special teams needs to make a play.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by zeppfan1:
Our defense also forced three turnovers and scored 7 pts. They have their faults but the fact is, the offense is continues to give the games away.

The defense sucked ass today, but did come up with 3 turnovers you are right. Someone on offense or special teams needs to make a play.

The defense played good unfortunately we went conservative once david carr came in and couldn't move the football.
Originally posted by wolfman61:
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
I've been a 49er fan my entire life. This season has been the most disappointing one I have endured. Until today I have truly believed that we still had a legitimate shot to win the NFC west. I no longer buy into this illusion.

I see a number of variables when I watch our games. I'm new to the webzone but the majority of our posts seem to be kneejerk reactions as if one change will change our season. Bring in Nate Davis. Bring in Troy Smith. Bring in David Carr. Come on. The 49ers have some serious problems. A simplistic solution will not solve them all.

Our first problem begins with our coaching. We have been outcoached all year. (Especially against KC and Seattle) Our philosophy is similar to the 90s Cowboys. That philosophy states that we are going to run our gameplan and I dare you to stop it. The problem is that we don't have the players to do this. The Kansas City Chiefs run a gameplan that's virtually impossible to predict. I remember Mark Trestmans gameplan against the Cowboys when Grback was subbing for the injured young. We were completely unpredictable. We threw when they thought we would run. Vice versa. Footballs a chessmatch. And unfortunately our coaches must suck at chess.

The second issue is that we seriously overestimated our team this offseason. We signed David Carr and William James. That was our answer to put our team over the top. David Carr is horrible. He wasn't prepared to play today. Alex isn't horrible but he's not that good either. Our quarterback dictates how good our team can be. We have weapons. If Crabtree played for the Giants he would be putting up Hakeem Nicks numbers. If Vernon played for San Diego he would be amazing. And Frank Gore is one of the best backs I have ever watched. I've actually seen posts asking if he is finished. Give me a break.

The solution will not come this year unfortunately. We will win some games but we will not become great with our current leadership. This offseason we need to hire a experienced coach who will hire a proven coaching staff. We need to draft a quarterback. Our line will be much improved. We need to improve our cornerbacks and get younger. Our defense is pretty good. They just aren't getting any support from our offense.

Difficult problems will not be solved using simplistic solutions. We have a ways to go.

well said

I agree. As for the other posts in this thread, I don't think the others are reading this well. He simply means that getting one person WILL NOT solve the whole problem which is losing.

Favre REALLY? Don't get wrong he can get to the playoffs with any team BUT he is showing signs of aging. Tenditis in his elbow...not good...sack him and he might be out for the season.

Patrick Peterson from LSU. Really c'mon a CB is not going to help the 49ers win 16 out of 16 games.

Getting Locker, Stanzi, or Mallet will possibly result in another waiting period.

But to my point, multiple problems that will hopefully be addressed at the end of this season.