LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 222 users in the forums

Perfect storm.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Vonjohnson80:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.

Again that is a very simplistic answer that is very wrong. Their offense had the ball for 37 minutes. Our offense had the ball for 23. If we gave Peyton Manning that time he would throw for 600 yards.

come on man, you gotta be kidding me, our defense is horrible. that was the panthers we played, the panthers. no qb, no wr and they torched us. they have he worst offense in football and did that to us, are serious right now
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Our defense is not "pretty good." Matt Moore looked like Peyton Manning against us, it was utterly pathetic.

Again that is a very simplistic answer that is very wrong. Their offense had the ball for 37 minutes. Our offense had the ball for 23. If we gave Peyton Manning that time he would throw for 600 yards.

come on man, you gotta be kidding me, our defense is horrible. that was the panthers we played, the panthers. no qb, no wr and they torched us. they have he worst offense in football and did that to us, are serious right now

Obviously you didn't read my original post. I said we need defensive backs. But overall we have a pretty good unit of players out there. Note the fact that I said pretty good. Not elite. I played defense. It is completely demoralizing when you realize that no matter what you do the offense will not score. It's completely exhausting to be forced to remain on the field for the entire day. But we did force 3 turnovers and score a defensive touchdown. We were pretty good.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
we really could use a shutdown CB

A shutdown corner would allow your safties especially young Mays to rome in the front 7 like a crazy man.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

A shutdown corner would allow your safties especially young Mays to rome in the front 7 like a crazy man.

I think you're right.
Originally posted by GoGetit:

I think you're right.

D Linemen can make non-shutdown corners look like shutdown corners
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I have the solution.

For next season, we need to sign Favre.

you sir have FAILED
Originally posted by Envy:
I believe its a matter of the culture our club has. The Patriots and Colts have developed a culture of innovation and attention to detail. The thrive of challenges and play football like a chess game.

We don't. We used too. We used to be the standard for that but no longer. I miss the old days.

I know. We traded in our smart coaches with innovative schemes for an all-brawns-no brains coach who thinks the nutcracker drill will take us to the promise land.
Share 49ersWebzone