There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Giving up my season tickets

I stick with my teams through winning and losing. It has never been about winning for me personally. BUT.........

I will not support a team whose owners are not trying. They have to at least put us in a position to possibly win consistently.

I stopped supporting this team after a couple of years under the Yorks. I have not paid for a ticket or a piece of 49ers merchandise in almost a decade.

And I won't resume supporting them until I see different ownership.

What I am really hoping for is the team moves so I can bail on them altogether.
Originally posted by danimal:


What I am really hoping for is the team moves so I can bail on them altogether.

I really don't think that you should wait for that. I think it'd be best if you just went on your way, now.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by danimal:


What I am really hoping for is the team moves so I can bail on them altogether.

I really don't think that you should wait for that. I think it'd be best if you just went on your way, now.

thats nice.
I am not giving up on my season tickets, no way no how. I dont care how much I invest. Things are not looking good but doesnt mean I am going to throw in the towel. Sounds like a bunchwhiners because of 1-6 team. Dont get me wrong of course I like see this team win. If you think this team is bad it was worse when Dennis Erickson took over, NOW THAT WAS BAD. This team will turn around. IT WILL HAPPEN, MY NINERS BABY!!!!
Don't give up, yet. If this team was gutted of talent, then you'd probably make a good call. However, this team is not far away. A new coach and system could get us to the playoffs next season.
It's funny how some people, especially those who don't even purchase season tickets, are equating renewing season tickets with being a "real" fan. Obviously the OP is a real fan. He's following the team to another hemisphere for God sakes.

I might not cancel my season tickets if I had them, but that's not my call to make for someone else. Even if you are paying for season tickets, you can't question someone as a fan because they decide to discontinue their tickets. It's easy to understand someone may want to stop giving such a huge investment in this product. Believe it or not, you can cancel your tickets and still be a fan and root for them on TV like most fans.

And some of you need to stop with the calling fans who disagree with you a "fairweathe" fan crap. If someone is still here with this team after all these years, they're fans. The weather hasn't been fair in years so that word is simply stupid to use around here.

[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Oct 25, 2010 at 11:33:16 ]
  • Griz
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 51
Been a Niner fan for 45 years. Seen everything. Go Niners. Wish I could afford Season tickets to go to the games. Niner fan forever

To this season!! I hope Jed grow some balls and hire a real GM and HC
Originally posted by Happs:
Just can't justify 4000 bucks a year for my 4 tix for so much losing. I will still go to a few games a year but I can do a lot of different things for the money that will make me happy rather than going to perpetual losing team's games. Very sad about this as I was thrilled to get the rights but it is what it is.

I'm posting this from England right now, as I've flown over for the game. I really love this team, my family has supported them since the 70s. The last offensive play my dad ever saw was Montana to Taylor. I have no words to express my dismay.

Dang man, that's a sad story.

I don't know how you do it, but your loyalty is quite admirable.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 25, 2010 at 16:02:52 ]
Don't worry. Once they get a new privately-financed stadium in LA, season ticket sales will soar!
Originally posted by area49:
Don't worry. Once they get a new privately-financed stadium in LA, season ticket sales will soar!

LA don't give a crap about football. It has always been known as a basketball/baseball town! I mean, you guys had the Rams and Raiders at one point. What the hell happened to them? Oh, that's right.... THEY MOVED!

The 49ers has as much chance of moving there as any dead poeple coming back from the grave. Give it a rest.

- 98
Anyone that has decent seats that want to get rid of thier seats. call me. gotta go on a payment plan but ill buy them
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Don't give up, yet. If this team was gutted of talent, then you'd probably make a good call. However, this team is not far away. A new coach and system could get us to the playoffs next season.

This is classic quote that should be enshrined into the Zone hall of fame if for some reason the Yorks fire AND hire the right guy asap
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
It's funny how some people, especially those who don't even purchase season tickets, are equating renewing season tickets with being a "real" fan. Obviously the OP is a real fan. He's following the team to another hemisphere for God sakes.

I might not cancel my season tickets if I had them, but that's not my call to make for someone else. Even if you are paying for season tickets, you can't question someone as a fan because they decide to discontinue their tickets. It's easy to understand someone may want to stop giving such a huge investment in this product. Believe it or not, you can cancel your tickets and still be a fan and root for them on TV like most fans.

And some of you need to stop with the calling fans who disagree with you a "fairweathe" fan crap. If someone is still here with this team after all these years, they're fans. The weather hasn't been fair in years so that word is simply stupid to use around here.

You're using way too much logic in this post.
Originally posted by danimal:
I stick with my teams through winning and losing. It has never been about winning for me personally. BUT.........

I will not support a team whose owners are not trying. They have to at least put us in a position to possibly win consistently.

I stopped supporting this team after a couple of years under the Yorks. I have not paid for a ticket or a piece of 49ers merchandise in almost a decade.

And I won't resume supporting them until I see different ownership.

What I am really hoping for is the team moves so I can bail on them altogether.

If the team causes you so much agony, why are you waiting till they move? Just curious.

You might as well say goodbye to the 49ers then, it doesn't look like they're going to be sold anytime soon......

-9fA
[ Edited by 9erfanAUS on Nov 4, 2010 at 9:55 PM ]