There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

At 1-6 and no starting QB how do you approach final 9 games?

Originally posted by LeadFarmer:
1. Leave Carr in Carolina
2. Put Smith on IR
3. Make Nate the Starting QB

We've already had our fill with Carr back in '07 when he started after Delhomme suffered a season ending injury. It's not that he doesn't have the abilities to be a good qb, it's just that he's still shell shocked from his days with the Texans, imo.


I don't know if he'll ever be able to mentally recover from that. I hope he is able to though. I'd like to see Carr have one or two good seasons before he retires. If another team takes a chance on him that is.
Originally posted by boriken_9er:
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?
gimmick offense til the end of the season...let's prepare for cam newton.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The draft pick is our best bet. Unfortunately we have a lockout year and many top prospects won't declare. So we are screwed again. This team is not only bone headed. They have just plain bad luck...

we'll we f*cked then cause after that it's 2012.



No credible HC will come work for the Yorkies , we need someone in the front office who knows football. Even Singletary knew he had nothing in his second choice at QB but like always Singetary just believed all his QB had to do was hand the ball off to Gore. Get rid of Singletary I don't want him even remotely involved in choosing the next QB.

Let's spend some time checking out Troy Smith and Nate Davis , let me see more of Dixon and our other rookies when they are healthy enough to play , we won't win with Carr in there and even Singletary has that figured out , what an idiot with no back up plan.
if Nate was kept around this long he needs to play, especially with alex ouy and at 1-6
Start looking if Gruden or Cowher would pick up this team during the bye. If not fire Dingleberry regardless and name Manusky interim and then in the offseason bring in a vet coach not another asst or coordinator(like Sing or Nolan)

When Alex gets healthy Carr. Get Nate Davis one the 53 man. I do believe Troy Smith is better then Davis and should see some snaps in Alexs absence.

Lets not run Gore into the ground. Why kill him if this season is over. Give Dixon some carries and let Westbrook go out with some decent playing time.

Put Sims in and try A Davis at guard or leave him on the bench. Hes going to get someone killed.
Tank and go for the 1st pick in next years draft.
LMAO @ "Leave Carr in Carolina"

Originally posted by boriken_9er:
We are 1-6 with no starting QB for who knows how long. You have a backup veteran QB that seems clueless after all this years, and your defense allowed a career day of over 300 passing yards to a no name QB.

How do you fix this mess?

This was the OP's opening statement (above) ^. This was my opening statement (below).

Stating the obvious, the season is shot. With that said, how would you like the Niners to use the rest of our 2011 preseason games? Is there a certain rookie that you want to see on the field more? Is there a coach you would like to see come in mid-season? Or would you prefer we go 1-15 and pick at the top of the draft? Whatever it is, we'd like to hear it!


They are totally diffrent. I'm not asking how you would fix it. Plus I have a much better title. Was it really necessary to merge?

Haters gonna hate...

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Oct 24, 2010 at 15:41:36 ]
Originally posted by Modalee81:
Tank and go for the 1st pick in next years draft.

This never works. too much cap on a young QB and then cant sign vets. A Mid first rounder is ideal but that means they would have to win.
Start Carr next week, and prepare T. Smith or Nate Davis during the bye week. I want to at least see what they bring to the table.
hell give Nate 1 game against Denver
Simple. Get rid of Sing now, quickly, and stop screwing around with this.

Then, and on only then, can you judge the players and coaches.

Play this guy, bench that guy....it is all unfair to judge anyone while Sing has any influence on how they play.
Originally posted by 49ERwhiner:
No credible HC will come work for the Yorkies , we need someone in the front office who knows football. Even Singletary knew he had nothing in his second choice at QB but like always Singetary just believed all his QB had to do was hand the ball off to Gore. Get rid of Singletary I don't want him even remotely involved in choosing the next QB.

Let's spend some time checking out Troy Smith and Nate Davis , let me see more of Dixon and our other rookies when they are healthy enough to play , we won't win with Carr in there and even Singletary has that figured out , what an idiot with no back up plan.

there are only 32 HC positions, someone good will want it, but i am sure whoever does will want full control
Originally posted by carlgo:
Simple. Get rid of Sing now, quickly, and stop screwing around with this.

Then, and on only then, can you judge the players and coaches.

Play this guy, bench that guy....it is all unfair to judge anyone while Sing has any influence on how they play.

Why did he tell the player to play bad? Walker sucks we need a back up tight end who can set the edge.