LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I want to see some stout run defense. Carolina will try to runt eh ball down the niners throat with there current qb situation. on passing down get some pressure and get some turnovers.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Probably a 20-10 type game.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Steve Smith was inactive for Week 5 before the team hit their merciful bye in Week 6; unfortunately, in the opinion of Darin Gantt of the Rock Hill Herald, it's not looking good for Smith in Week 7, either.

This team continues to be schizophrenic. Less than a week ago, Smith and company proclaimed to the media that Smith needs to take more risks, throw caution to the wind, and toss the ball down the field. He promised he would take a "gunslinger" approach to the game.

Now, we hear from the Raiders game that the advice handed to Smith was to play conservative, to avoid making turnovers, to reign it in, to resort back to "smashmouth" football.

The end result was another ugly offense performance. So, now, we fly all the way across the country, play at 10 AM PST, against a winless team who will be desperate to gain their first win, and have had a bye week to prepare. We have seen that the Niners stink in eastern time zone games, and I expect another clunker this week.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 20, 2010 at 11:03:05 ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This team continues to be schizophrenic. Less than a week ago, Smith and company proclaimed to the media that Smith needs to take more risks, throw caution to the wind, and toss the ball down the field. He promised he would take a "gunslinger" approach to the game.

Now, we hear from the Raiders game that the advice handed to Smith was to play conservative, to avoid making turnovers, to reign it in, to resort back to "smashmouth" football.

The end result was another ugly offense performance. So, now, we fly all the way across the country, play at 10 AM PST, against a winless team who will be desperate to gain their first win, and have had a bye week to prepare. We have seen that the Niners stink in eastern time zone games, and I expect another clunker this week.

it is amazing how this team has different approach every 3 days.
Member Milestone: This is post number 3,000 for 49ERGUY.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

Damn Singletary will probably wait until we are behind again before he finally unleashes the hounds. His continued conservative approach drives me absolutely nuts.

GO NINER'S
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

For practice today the 49ers are piping in booing over loud speakers for Alex Smith so it feels more like a home game for him.

Originally posted by susweel:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

For practice today the 49ers are piping in booing over loud speakers for Alex Smith so it feels more like a home game for him.

if you wanna make s**t up that's fine, but why do you have to post as if MM as saying this?
mattbarrows

Panthers WR Steve Smith (ankle) fully participated in practice today; T Jeff Otah (knee) and TE Dante Rosario (knee) did not practice.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!

damn, i was hoping steve smith wouldnt play this week
Originally posted by vrabbit:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

if you wanna make s**t up that's fine, but why do you have to post as if MM as saying this?

lol
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

They forget to throw "we want Carr" on it.
Recap so far of everyone's expectations:

Seattle
0-1
"this is our year we dominant the western div."

MNF New Orleans
0-2
"we own primetime football but should be a close game."

Kansas City
0-3
"Matt Cassle sucks. We should win that game!"

Atlanta
0-4
"we got this game no way 9ers go 0-4!"

Philly
0-5
Again
"we own primetime FB. and who the hell is KK."

Oakland
1-5
"we have to win against this frigging team....jeeesssh."

Carolina
????????
"they suck this year!"
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think this game is going to be tougher than alot of people think. I know Moore sucks, but they have a good running game and if Moore can stop throwing INT's they should have a good chance against us. 27-16, Panthers.
Share 49ersWebzone