There are 226 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS @ CAROLINA PANTHERS GAMEDAY THREAD (Week 7)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
17-6 panthers
Originally posted by susweel:
17-6 49ers

FIXED
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by eac49er23:
Originally posted by susweel:
17-6 49ers

FIXED

thanks
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Been reading that our coaches believe our strength is the "power running game." Seriously WTF...that hasn't been our strength since 2006 when we had Larry Allen. And even then, we went 7-9 (althought we can attribute that more to our defense IMO at the time...after all our #1 CB was Spencer and...well...Davis, Mike Adams, and Keith Lewis). Point is...when will we realize that this is a passing team. And yes I know our pass to run percentage...but it doesnt mean sht when you pass after you're already down 20 points.

Just get it going early...and keep it going. I really hope Sunday's conservative approach was more due to the rain then our offensive nuts contracting again.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If we run the ball the way we did against Oakland, the running game without a doubt will be our strength on offense; It's definetly not our passing game.

[ Edited by mayo49 on Oct 19, 2010 at 13:22:43 ]
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Been reading that our coaches believe our strength is the "power running game." Seriously WTF...that hasn't been our strength since 2006 when we had Larry Allen. And even then, we went 7-9 (althought we can attribute that more to our defense IMO at the time...after all our #1 CB was Spencer and...well...Davis, Mike Adams, and Keith Lewis). Point is...when will we realize that this is a passing team. And yes I know our pass to run percentage...but it doesnt mean sht when you pass after you're already down 20 points.

Just get it going early...and keep it going. I really hope Sunday's conservative approach was more due to the rain then our offensive nuts contracting again.

#1 corner was walt harris, pro bowl year that year, but yeah the d wasnt too good that year melvin oliver was starting at DE lol

It's even worse when we have 28th ranked rushing attack, yet we have the 15th ranked passing attack.

-9fA

It's because they see another game we won, where the passing game wasn't killing us and Gore played well.

Almost every win we have had from now through last year has been because of the defense or our running game. I understand why the coaches feel this way but they need to stop looking at it with such a narrow mind and allow for both to perform well.
Originally posted by Joecool:

It's because they see another game we won, where the passing game wasn't killing us and Gore played well.

Almost every win we have had from now through last year has been because of the defense or our running game. I understand why the coaches feel this way but they need to stop looking at it with such a narrow mind and allow for both to perform well.

Comes down to HOW and WHEN we throw...not how many times. I agree with you. The lack of overall planning still exists it seems but Johnson is way ahead of Raye. I feel like Sings holding us back.

Anyway...

23-19 Niners. We start fast (20-3 halftime) and get uber conservative after halftime and "play not to lose."

Close game but we pull it out.

2010 7 CAR Fox Sam Rosen, Tim Ryan 5 of 7

we have to listen to these f**ks again
Originally posted by Joecool:

I agree with this. And besides, who wouldn't want Gore to have a huge game? When Gore goes for over 100yds it's almost always a win, and puts less pressure on Alex Smith and this offensive line's weakness in pass-protection.
I just got my tix...section 114 row 14 seats 7 & 8...I would like to meet up with some of u guys to tailgate before the game...send me a PM...
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
If the defense plays as well as today then we have a shot. Carolina is the worst offense in the league and as Niner fans we know bad offense. Still need to open it up more on offense as it seems that is when we are at our best. I love Gore but would love to see more Dixon.

I like Gore also, but think we need to see more Westbrook & Dixon. We need to open up the offense more to spread out the defense more throughout the game.
if they take Gore out I wanna see more of this

Share 49ersWebzone