LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Can we still win the west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yawn
We have to go 8-4 the rest of the season to have a SHOT a the division. Period. We can't lose anymore than 3 games, or else we'll be in a position to at least go 7-9.

But that's the minimum unfortunately... I do not see us beating Denver in England. Just don't. Kyle Orton is a legit, elite top 5 QB IMHO.
It is too late. 0-5 is huge hole to climb out of and I do not believe we can say anyone is a definite win at this point. Bradford has the Rams playing better than us, Hall has the Cards playing well, and the Seahawks always play us tough.

That leaves us with Carolina, Denver, GB, TB, San Diego, and OAK. I would be suprised if we beat Carolina and OAK at this point, and I am just hoping for an 8-8 season....
I haven't given up but truthfully yes!
Only way I say we have a chance - go full time spread. No more of this run on first down bulls**t for 8 straight 1st downs. f**k that.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
As crappy as this division is, I don't think 7-9 will make it. And if it does, I sure as hell don't want to watch the playoffs if that's us atop the division (big if).

I believe the division winner will be 9-7, at least 8-8.

cosigned, season's done for.
My heart is still in it. My brain is reaching for the pain meds.
The season isn't done.

Before the Steelers a few years ago, no wild card team ever won the Super Bowl. Anything is possible. If this team fixes its turn overs, this team is a dominant team.
That's funny that you draw the parallel to Steve Young and a Dallas game that went sideways on em. I was just thinking about a home game we had in '94 against the Eagles (I think) when Steve got pulled by Seifert and tripped out on the sideline lol! That was kind of the catalyst for Steve to take charge...not sayin', I'm just sayin'

I believe Smitty can do it if he's given enough rope to play the way he played tonight (sh*tty fumble aside obviously). Man, when that happened I just had my head in my hands and I was like "Oh man Al, what have you done now..." Then the crowd let em have it and I thought for sure he was finished playing football. I haven't been able to say this in 5+ years, but I was proud as hell of our QB tonight in a losing effort and I believe he can pull this team together and get it done.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by MachineToss:
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

Are you insane? Win a game first and talk about winning the division.

So Alex Smith Chews out a coach. Singletary lost his hutspa and did not bench an 0-5 QB. Fans in the message boards have a collective orgasm. Because finally Alex has became a man.

Awwww lawdy... lawdy lawdy.....

All I can say is "I'd hit it". All three of em! at once.....

[ Edited by MachineToss on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:34:20 ]

All three? Gross.

[ Edited by Method on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:54:07 ]
Originally posted by Method:

All three? Gross.

id be down with that if we replaced jack and put Terry in there lol. im 23 but this and All in the Family are my favorite shows hahaha.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by Method:

All three? Gross.

id be down with that if we replaced jack and put Terry in there lol. im 23 but this and All in the Family are my favorite shows hahaha.

that's San Francisco for ya
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by jrg:
Never over til its over.

49ers still take this division.

I'm still not 100 % giving up hope, but trust me, I'm almost there. I just don't know which Alex Smith will show up now from week to week. It's painfully obvious to everyone, except Coach Sing, that we need to run the spread to have any success. I still don't know why Rachal is still in there, but that's beyond the point. I know our schedule gets a whole lot easier from here on out, but I'm not sure I want to make the playoffs and be 1 and done. I think we still will play Alex for the rest of the season, but we have to get a new QB for 2011. I don't know if there's a quality FA out there other than maybe Vick. I think PHI goes with Kolb in 2011, so Vick should be available. If not, we start over again with a rookie, but this time, he will have weapons, so it won't be Smith of '05 all over again. I personally don't think Sing will be gone, but he needs to give up on the "power" running game, and make the switch to the spread. I'm not giving up all hope, but if Smith continues to make game killing plays, the season won't be getting any better any time soon.
Share 49ersWebzone