LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 307 users in the forums

Can we still win the west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its over
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

Lol
As crappy as this division is, I don't think 7-9 will make it. And if it does, I sure as hell don't want to watch the playoffs if that's us atop the division (big if).

I believe the division winner will be 9-7, at least 8-8.
Originally posted by susweel:
Its over

Are you insane? Win a game first and talk about winning the division.

So Alex Smith Chews out a coach. Singletary lost his hutspa and did not bench an 0-5 QB. Fans in the message boards have a collective orgasm. Because finally Alex has became a man.

Awwww lawdy... lawdy lawdy.....
Originally posted by kstolai:

Lol
Originally posted by ElDannMann:
As crappy as this division is, I don't think 7-9 will make it. And if it does, I sure as hell don't want to watch the playoffs if that's us atop the division (big if).

I believe the division winner will be 9-7, at least 8-8.

cosigned, season's done for.
Logic tells me that this is hilariously wrong. We're one of the most poorly coached and generally unlucky teams of the last decade.

The problem? Logic also tells me you're right. The division is horrible and the schedule becomes quite a bit easier.

I hate this team so much. There's always just enough hope there to keep hanging around for the final punch to the gut.
I know tonight is about as low as I have ever been (relative to expectations) but I still see us being able to play with the better teams in this league (ATL, NO, PHI?) and when I look at this schedule I think we can be 6-5 heading into GB.

The Denver game worries me as it is has so many unknown variables ("home" game in frickin England), but I honestly think this loss tonight could be a game that cements this team together.

Watching VD, Singletary and Smith I got the feeling VD was fighting to keep Alex in, and then he showed incredible resolve to come back. The homer sentimentalist in me kept thinking back to a particular game against the Eagles 16 years ago and I am holding on to the tiny shred of hope that this might be the game that changes franchise again.

Provided Singletary is still the coach and Smith is still the QB I still have faith they can get back to 9-7.

That being said they could still go 0-6, fire Sing, release Alex and start preparing for the draft.....

Whatever happens from this point on.....happens. I think anything's possible at this point. After watching that craziness that was the final 7 or so minutes of the game, things could go either way from here on.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Say we win the west then what? Be 1 and done in the playoffs?
Well I guess it's business as usual in NT. lol
honestly I doubt it because the Cards beat the Saints when we couldn't, so that's one common game in their favor already

we'll see though, their team is trash on the road, and divisional games are usually all tossups because of the familiarity with each other

bottom line is we need to start winning
WE DO NOT WANT TO WIN THE WEST!!!!! IF WE WIN THE WEST, WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE HORRIBLE COACHING AND A HORRIBLE QUARTERBACK. CHANGE IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone