LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Can we still win the west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

I just want to win a game.
Statistically, we're still in it, and we have a very weak division.. but we're three games behind and haven't shown any indication that we can turn it around. And history is no longer on our side, as no NFL team has made it to the playoffs after an 0-5 start.

Personally, I have ONE hope now. My only hope for us making the playoffs is that Sing's threat to bench Alex has created a fire in him like no other. Maiocco, Barrows, and a lot of others have said that we will live and die by Alex Smith's play this season. We lost today against the Eagles, but Alex showed some fire and confidence after being BOOED on the level of Steve Young after a loss to the Cowboys.

If he LEADS a victory over the Raiders next week, I'll believe. But if it's a decent game where we squeak by, there's no indication that Alex will ever be that quarterback we all want him to be. We've given him every chance to succeed these past two seasons. We've given him continuity (despite Raye's firing, Johnson is an upgrade and runs the same system). We've given him an uncontested starting role. We've given him weapons... and he failed... the last thing that I think Singletary and the 49ers could've given him was a reality check... If Alex still cannot succeed with all of that, there's nothing else the 49ers as an organization can give him.

And to answer my poll's question, I think there will be some sort of spark this season that gets us going.. whether it's Alex, Gore, Crabs, VD, Willis, or someone on the defense... someone will spark something that turns this season around. But unfortunately, the 0-5 start will be too much of a hurdle to overcome and we'll miss out on the playoffs late in the season.
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
WE DO NOT WANT TO WIN THE WEST!!!!! IF WE WIN THE WEST, WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE HORRIBLE COACHING AND A HORRIBLE QUARTERBACK. CHANGE IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a fan, I want to see my team win. I don't care about anything else honestly. But thanks for your input.

[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Oct 10, 2010 at 22:50:03 ]
as long as smith is qb and our owners dont spend no money to get good help and better assitant coaches....we arent going anywhere.....s**t!id take old ass garcia over smith right now
Originally posted by MachineToss:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

Are you insane? Win a game first and talk about winning the division.

So Alex Smith Chews out a coach. Singletary lost his hutspa and did not bench an 0-5 QB. Fans in the message boards have a collective orgasm. Because finally Alex has became a man.

Awwww lawdy... lawdy lawdy.....

Originally posted by MachineToss:

Are you insane? Win a game first and talk about winning the division.

So Alex Smith Chews out a coach. Singletary lost his hutspa and did not bench an 0-5 QB. Fans in the message boards have a collective orgasm. Because finally Alex has became a man.

Awwww lawdy... lawdy lawdy.....

If you're a frequent reader of Niner Talk, you'd recognize the sarcasm.
I'm tired of noobs saying we're going to be okay. Just get out of denial. The season is a wash. Thank Singletary and Alex f**king Smith.
Hahahahahahah.OMG! Hahahahahahah! Lolololol!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Never over til its over.

49ers still take this division.

Honestly you can't be that naive right?
Originally posted by jrg:
Never over til its over.

Originally posted by Brew:
Say we win the west then what? Be 1 and done in the playoffs?

Seriously A. Let's win one gawddamm game 1st then start a journey to that bridge. B. Going to the playoffs would be jawdrop spectacular win or lose.
Never over til its over.

It's merely a matter of time now... But, if Singletard is going to force feed Smith down our throats then I would like for Smith to play in the spread formation since it seems hes able to produce in that format.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Never over til its over.

Give me some koolaid
Share 49ersWebzone