There are 157 users in the forums

Can we still win the west?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kelson49er:
Logic tells me that this is hilariously wrong. We're one of the most poorly coached and generally unlucky teams of the last decade.

The problem? Logic also tells me you're right. The division is horrible and the schedule becomes quite a bit easier.

I hate this team so much. There's always just enough hope there to keep hanging around for the final punch to the gut.

Isiah Thomas once said: " The more i practice, the luckier i get"
We are not generally unlucky. 5 turnovers.....5 high school type mistakes, IS NOT BAD LUCK.
Originally posted by father49er:
We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

We're only 3 games behind with 11 games to go people. We can win the division 7-9, so we can lose 4 more games and still win the division. Go Alex, you have 4 more games to warm up.

I disagree. After going 0-5, the rest of the season should be dedicated to developing the younger players and hopefully by season's end the Niners will have worked out all the kinks in the offense and defense. A win here and there would be nice but I am not expecting much.
Is this a joke...to soon after another loss to try and feed us bulls**t dad-gum49er...I mean father49er.
Playoffs?

If the NFL were like a major European soccer league, this team would get relegated to the "B" league next season.........

The only trophy we're gonna get is the "We weren't suppose to suck but we sucked anyway" trophy.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
Originally posted by richierich:
we need to win one game first before talking about winning division titles.

agreed

its pretty sad really
  • kray28
  • Veteran
This ship has sailed in my opinion now.

No division, no playoffs (obviously), and most probably no Singletary next year.
we need to start thinking what are we going to do next year !
were not going to win the West...get it out of your head.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
I'm a person who always has hope, but I honestly think the playoff talk is just about run out. Even if we win a couple games, it won't be enough to win the West.

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
WE DO NOT WANT TO WIN THE WEST!!!!! IF WE WIN THE WEST, WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE HORRIBLE COACHING AND A HORRIBLE QUARTERBACK. CHANGE IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you are joking, or speaking tongue in cheek?

If not you are the exact poster I commented on earlier, someone who talks about us being so close to the NFC West lead, yet the Niners have to win one single game.
Originally posted by NorthNiner:
WE DO NOT WANT TO WIN THE WEST!!!!! IF WE WIN THE WEST, WE WILL CONTINUE TO HAVE HORRIBLE COACHING AND A HORRIBLE QUARTERBACK. CHANGE IS NECESSARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm so tired of all this playoff talk. Talk to me about playoffs when we win a game. WHere's that Jim Mora interview when you need it.

Last time I checked there was no "almost" column. This isn't horse shoes or hand grenades, almost don't count. I have never felt this bad after a Niner loss than I do today. 0-5 is just deplorable and ridiculous. But we are doomed to keep losing because we keep putting our hope on Alex Smith who is not good enough to overcome his own mistakes let alone the mistakes that someone else steps up to commit.
Originally posted by JaaDogg49:
Originally posted by NorthNiner:

Exactly....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's win one game first!
Share 49ersWebzone