There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Singletary said to Smith!

Originally posted by seeking6th:
sing "son, do you want me to throw your @$$ in the shower, myself!!!?"

alex "no, dad!!! don't threaten me anymore, i'm tired of it"

sing "well, are you going to get back out there and get us back in it or what!!!"

alex "yeah, but they keep booing me and yelling for the used carr... it hurts a little bit"

sing "either you get your butt out there and score two TDs like i know you can OR i will throw in the used carr!!!"

alex "okay, gosh, do you have to yell in front of everybody, geeeesh, okay, gosh!!!"

what...?
Honestly, you gotta give alex smith a shred of credit.He could have folded after that series where it looked like the offense quit on him and the fans where booing their hearts out. Instead he showed some balls and basically said F**k you coach its my ship, sink or swim, and came out firing on the next drive. I dont think ive ever seen him play so inspired, perhaps anger is the key to alex's progression. That being said, gore's fumbles were huge and alex's fumble on the potential game tying drive was another mistake we couldnt overcome. This has to be the most dissapointing loss of the season for me because i just knew we were gonna drive down and win that game, but it didnt happen. Bottom line is being 0-4 you shouldnt have to wait till your losing in and staring 0-5 in the face and nearly getting benched before a light goes on and you start playing inspired football. Alex has the tools to succeed in this league but not for this team. I still say we draft a qb and maybe keep smith as a backup or to keep the spot warm till we groom somebody. I also think sing deserves a shred of cred for not benching alex like that, I honestly dont believe that we come back like that with carr finishing out the game, if we start carr he should have a week of practice as the starter, otherwise we're setting him up for failure as well. Its been about 20 years since I cried over my team, but I tell you, I really felt like crying after we lost this game tonight.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Smith sucks, end of story. We all want to see him benched. He gives you just enough hope and then screw you in the end.

Smith is the equivalent of going to a strip club. He does just enough to get you worked up, but never enough to finish the job (unless you go to some raunchy strip clubs). I was hoping he would be pulled from the beginning of the game. You can only blame everyone else for so long...

I am sooooo tired of ALEXcuses...

I wish I had to pay for sexual entertainment so I could make cheesy analogies.

At least Alex is entertaining in his losses. Carr would NOT survive with our offensive line. How that could be any more apparent is beyond me.

Some fans....

Never paid, entrance was free! Anyway, was just a comparison, but if it makes you feel special to degrade others which you know nothing about, then I am sorry for you...

to the point though, Smith has shown nothing an average QB could not accomplish. Carr is at least average, at his numbers would say so. Smith, yes he gets us within 3 points, but then what? He throws and INT to end the game. typicaly, and I just can't stand to deal with that crap much longer.

He is not good and would be 2nd string at best on most teams. Our team sucks as a whole, but he definitely does not help the situation. We need a QB that at least won't screw up as much as the rest of the team....
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Apparently, the other players have Smith's back.

Barrow's twitter:

Quote:
It's clear in talking to players like Frank Gore and Vernon Davis that Smith's teammates did not want to see him come out of the game.

They clearly know that Smith is the best quarterback available. They know what he can do if he gets time and is given plays that fit the talent around him.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Up until the Smith fumble (which was totally a rookie mistake) Smith actually played well. I would say the Ginn ball... not sure if it was a great pass but Ginn Jr. should have at least played DB. He lost the ball. Anyways, based off one bad play not sure if Smith deserved to be booed but I am glad it happened. I had wished it would have been a turning point in Alex Smith's career and our season. I am glad all that happened. Alex is realizing that could have literally been his last play ever starting (for any team for that matter). Singletary said he wanted a QB who had fire and said something is wrong if they just say fine bench me. I assume Alex barked back and said I can do it. It was great to see but unfortunately, Anthony Davis getting beat and his man hitting Alex as he threw ended the game. There was a WR wide open and I think that's where he was going. If that didn't happen I bet we win the game or at least tie it and go into OT and win it. Also, again how many times did we have bad luck... a few players before the last INT if Gore gets that screen there was nothing but open field for 40 yards. The ball has bounced against us all season long.
Rod Brooks overheard part of the conversation and Smith very heatedly said "let me finish this. I know we can win this game if you just let me finish what we started...."
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.
Originally posted by dj43:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.

~Ceadder

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.

but Smith has arm strength...
Originally posted by filthyrich49er:
I read lips. He said, "the score is 24 to 10. If I was the quarterback I wouldn't come out the game and I don't care who the head coach is." I don't know what Smith said but I guess he grew some balls and said something Sing wanted to hear. But I'm at the end of my rope. It's time to move on.
Singletary was bluffing with the benching, if he was serious he would not have blown up on Alex Smith on the sideline, and sent Carr in.

The reason why Sing blew up on the sideline is because Alex Smith is ALL he has, and he wanted to see Alex Smith respond to it.

Singletary does not want to tear down another foundation after already firing Jimmy Raye. A HUGE decision was placed on Sing's hand, and he could not pull the trigger riding on high emotions and probably decided to wait until after this game (watch the film, blah blah) to decide on a season-changing decision.

I would not at all be surprised if Alex Smith starts again next week.

[ Edited by verb1der on Oct 10, 2010 at 23:06:21 ]

~Ceadder

Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.
All things aside that was pretty badass seeing Alex go up to Sing like 3 times on the sideline to argue and fight with him. They (NBC) flipped on-and-off to the sidelines, at first Sing was ignoring Smith (who was yelling straight at him from behind). Then Smith continued to yell and pick at Sing until Smith finally came between Sing, Carr, and Jason Michael and they got into a fierce shouting contest with eachother.

It was really entertaining, they showed one cam of Sing yelling, and then they showed Alex looking pist off on the other side yelling back with angry BLOOD-SHOT EYES!

~Ceadder

Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.

Amen. Typically deep throws are for the receiver to go out and get. A jump ball nonetheless. If the ball is badly place the receiver can play DB and just knock it down. If it's placed well you could possibly have a 50 yard completion.

Peyton Manning doesn't even throw it in stride 20% of the time to his receiver 40+ yards down the field. He just knows his receivers will go up and get it. But 30 yards and under you can pretty much bank on Manning hitting him perfectly in stride. It's simply amazing watching Manning work.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
All things aside that was pretty badass seeing Alex go up to Sing like 3 times on the sideline to argue and fight with him. They (NBC) flipped on-and-off to the sidelines, at first Sing was ignoring Smith (who was yelling straight at him from behind). Then Smith continued to yell and pick at Sing until Smith finally came between Sing, Carr, and Jason Michael and they got into a fierce shouting contest with eachother.

It was really entertaining, they showed one cam of Sing yelling, and then they showed Alex looking pist off on the other side yelling back with angry BLOOD-SHOT EYES!

Yeah man that sht was intense. I thought Alex was going to just take the benching like a little bytch. It was weird though. Carr was about to go on the field and Smith just strapped his helmet back on and went back out. Not to mention the players coming to defend Smith.

Drama for your mama for sure.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah man that sht was intense. I thought Alex was going to just take the benching like a little bytch. It was weird though. Carr was about to go on the field and Smith just strapped his helmet back on and went back out. Not to mention the players coming to defend Smith.

Drama for your mama for sure.

Who cares that's all we are. 0-5 for your ass