LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

What Singletary said to Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I read lips. He said, "the score is 24 to 10. If I was the quarterback I wouldn't come out the game and I don't care who the head coach is." I don't know what Smith said but I guess he grew some balls and said something Sing wanted to hear. But I'm at the end of my rope. It's time to move on.
Yeah... I read part of that too..

Alex got him his 14 points.

Too bad, Sing didn't yell at the defense too, to not give up more points.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Brew:

Really ?
Originally posted by TDNiners:

The D played good. We absolutely needed to scoop up that fumble by McCoy. That was critical. But in reality, Gore lost the game for us in a big way. But because of Smith being the QB, nobody will talk about Gore coughing two fumbles up and playing a s*itty game for the most part.

No Sing benched him and then changed his mind.
Yeah that is what he said...c 'mon
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

No Sing benched him and then changed his mind.

I do not care how well Smith played after.... good coaches do not let players talk them out of something like that... Smith deserved to be benched and should of been.... I think Smith was freaked out if he got benched he would never start again in his career.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:

The D played good. We absolutely needed to scoop up that fumble by McCoy. That was critical. But in reality, Gore lost the game for us in a big way. But because of Smith being the QB, nobody will talk about Gore coughing two fumbles up and playing a s*itty game for the most part.

Gore didn't lose the game for us, he helped lose it. The offense with 5 turnovers and Nedney with a missed fieldgoal.

The defense did it's part considering, they didn't play great but they are not to blame.
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Originally posted by Daniners:
Yeah that is what he said...c 'mon

That's exactly what he said. Don't get mad

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 10, 2010 at 21:39:35 ]
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

Yellow flag to you buddy for making too much sense... Not allowed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
@MaioccoCSN

Alex Smith has never taken this long after a game. If I were to take a guess, I'd say he's probably having a chat with 49ers head coach.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone