Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Yeah... I read part of that too..

Alex got him his 14 points.

Too bad, Sing didn't yell at the defense too, to not give up more points.

The D played good. We absolutely needed to scoop up that fumble by McCoy. That was critical. But in reality, Gore lost the game for us in a big way. But because of Smith being the QB, nobody will talk about Gore coughing two fumbles up and playing a s*itty game for the most part.

Gore is overrated. Like Smith, he is too inconsistent, and he turns the ball over too much. I think we need to get other back into the mix. I'd like to see more of Dixon.

Wow seriously? He had a bad game but you can't even name 5 guys that had more yds than him coming into this game. I would like to see a spread where we don't just rely on Gore.

Seriously. Part of our problem is that we've been trying to put together a grinding, power offense around Gore the last few years, but Gore isn't reliable enough to build a team around. Neither is Alex. But people who say Gore is so great, I don't fully agree. He gets shut down a lot. He is streaky. And he fumbles a lot.

Well I don't agree with you. I just think that he needs to be off the field 33% more than he is now. When we take him off the field, then the Opposing Defense will have to adjust to life without Frank. When that happens we will win more games because Frank will have fresh legs to grind out yards when we need to run time off the clock. Westbrook was a failed pickup and we let MRob go for the guy. At least MRob could pick up the blitz. Westbrook rolled out and Smith was taken down in a pile. We don't even know how to use Westbrook.

~Ceadder
I can't believe you're coming to Alex's defense, Ceadderman. This was typical 49er ball in the Smith era. I know you heard the 'Niner Faithful crying out from the stands, wanting the Alex Experiment to end. Alex simply is at the end of his talent!! He may have been a phenom in the Urban Meyer system at Utah, and has failed to develop behind musical OCs...yeah...we've heard them all. Alex is simply not an asset for team development. He lives with his mistakes, and let's those ghosts drag him down. Alex did show glimpses of ability tonight, but how many times has he tried to resurrect the team, after going through the motions for the majority of the game?! Often, he's simply confused out there. The front office could pay me to make his mistakes, and it would be more adventageous. I could pay off my house and loans for a fraction of his salary. Win-win for both sides. Sing deserves a lot of the blame too. He backs Smith and is riding his shame train to mediocrity, as well. We need to develop another quarterback, and now!! David Carr needs snaps... Give him the chance to prepare for next year, and put Alex on waiver wires this week. I only wish McNabb were still available. This is a major bust year for a talented club, and the team, fans, and the rest of the league knows it.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
MaioccoCSN

Does Alex Smith expect to remain as the 49ers' starting quarterback? Yes," he said, "until they tell me I'm not."

Good for him. Too bad sing didn't bench Frank after that second Fumble.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by excelsior:
Hey, I'm retired and I watch a lot of football. I rarely see QBs do well when under as much pressure as Alex is from his OL, penalties, dropped passes, and receivers not turning their heads when they should. No QB is perfect, and Alex isn't either. But he is a damn good QB and we are fortunate to have him. But he needs to have his OC and offensive teammates help him. I really doubt Rodgers would do as well under these circumstances.

Amen brother, preach it!
Originally posted by tbar4949er:
I can't believe you're coming to Alex's defense, Ceadderman. This was typical 49er ball in the Smith era. I know you heard the 'Niner Faithful crying out from the stands, wanting the Alex Experiment to end. Alex simply is at the end of his talent!! He may have been a phenom in the Urban Meyer system at Utah, and has failed to develop behind musical OCs...yeah...we've heard them all. Alex is simply not an asset for team development. He lives with his mistakes, and let's those ghosts drag him down. Alex did show glimpses of ability tonight, but how many times has he tried to resurrect the team, after going through the motions for the majority of the game?! Often, he's simply confused out there. The front office could pay me to make his mistakes, and it would be more adventageous. I could pay off my house and loans for a fraction of his salary. Win-win for both sides. Sing deserves a lot of the blame too. He backs Smith and is riding his shame train to mediocrity, as well. We need to develop another quarterback, and now!! David Carr needs snaps... Give him the chance to prepare for next year, and put Alex on waiver wires this week. I only wish McNabb were still available. This is a major bust year for a talented club, and the team, fans, and the rest of the league knows it.

Are you reading what I'm saying and not absorbing it?

I said that Fumble he had was on him. Hell at that point I wanted him benched if for no other reason than to change it up.

He fired back at Sing and that's the FIRST time I ever seen him yell at a Coach. ANY Coach. But he yelled at Sing and that gave me the sense that Alex DOES get it.

But hey whatever the whole game was Smith's to screw up and he did so now let's move on

Don't talk to me anymore until you learn something more about Football than Joe and Steve are HoF'ers and Alex is not.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by Crysknife10:
Hey, I'm retired and I watch a lot of football. I rarely see QBs do well when under as much pressure as Alex is from his OL, penalties, dropped passes, and receivers not turning their heads when they should. No QB is perfect, and Alex isn't either. But he is a damn good QB and we are fortunate to have him. But he needs to have his OC and offensive teammates help him. I really doubt Rodgers would do as well under these circumstances.

Amen brother, preach it!

I have never heard a QB booed so savagely in my entire life, and for Alex to do what he did after that, I don't know if any QB in the league could have done so.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
MaioccoCSN

Does Alex Smith expect to remain as the 49ers' starting quarterback? Yes," he said, "until they tell me I'm not."

Good for him. Too bad sing didn't bench Frank after that second Fumble.

~Ceadder

Even Frank admitted he didn't help Smith in any way shape or form. f**k man... Can't recover our own f**king fumbles, can't recover the other team's. So f**king frustrating.....
Apparently, the other players have Smith's back.

Barrow's twitter:

Quote:
It's clear in talking to players like Frank Gore and Vernon Davis that Smith's teammates did not want to see him come out of the game.
Originally posted by Crysknife10:

Amen brother, preach it!

Actually, the play that I think that you are referring to where VD did not turn around was a called screen pass of which it would not matter if the defensive player blitzed or not. But, Alex is terrible my friend. He holds one the ball too long; makes bad deicsions which leads to bad throws and is weak minded. I think that he is a great kid, just a terrile QB.
Singletary said to Smith: "We have to go back and look at the film."

• AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

Nothing but the truth!
  • kray28
  • Veteran

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

Great post!!
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Apparently, the other players have Smith's back.

Barrow's twitter:

Quote:
It's clear in talking to players like Frank Gore and Vernon Davis that Smith's teammates did not want to see him come out of the game.

Exactly. And they're right.

Considering,

MaioccoCSN

9ers RB Frank Gore: "I didn't give Alex any help." Gore lost two fumbles. He said he wanted Smith to remain in the game.
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:

~Ceadder

Great post!!

People were pissed off at this team. Not about a single player anymore
As a Player, Smith is Absolute Garbage -- but he's only the Tip of the Problem-Iceberg.
Share 49ersWebzone