What Singletary said to Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

It kinda did matter because whatever he said, it got him back in the game.

We lost. so again does it matter?

Because that talk may have determined our starting QB for the rest of the season. Do you not see that that conversation changed more than just that game? Yes we lost, boo hoo. But look past that and look what came out of the loss.

Yeah 0-5 came out of that loss.

You are reading what you want to read. Of course you pick out my one sentence that deserves the least attention.

That conversation paved way for the starting QB for the rest of the season. That is why I'm wondering what Smith said to Sing. That's it! There is nothing else more to what I said. Stop reading too much into it.
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

Because that talk may have determined our starting QB for the rest of the season. Do you not see that that conversation changed more than just that game? Yes we lost, boo hoo. But look past that and look what came out of the loss.

That conversation paved way for the starting QB for the rest of the season. .

Oh yeah least it did not pave the way in that final drive huh? duhhhhhhhh

Does it matter?

You are reading what you want to read. Of course you pick out my one sentence that deserves the least attention.

That conversation paved way for the starting QB for the rest of the season. That is why I'm wondering what Smith said to Sing. That's it! There is nothing else more to what I said. Stop reading too much into it.

That's a big assumption on your part that whatever Smith said determined our QB for the rest of the season. We don't know who will be starting next week.

Also, remember last year? The same thing happened with Hill. Was going to be benched. He argued, then got to go back in. Couple weeks later we had a new starting QB

[ Edited by Oregon49erfan on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:23:47 ]
Smith told Sing he would be physical with an F. Sing quickly baulked.
Originally posted by Oregon49erfan:

Does it matter?

That's a big assumption on your part that whatever Smith said determined our QB for the rest of the season. We don't know who will be starting next week.

Good point. I was assuming that because Sing said he benched him to see what kind of reaction Smith wold give. Apparently Smith reacted how Sing wanted him to and got back in the game.

Not to mention Smith played lights out for 2 drives and got 2 TDs. But then he gets hit on a throw and the game ends on a pick.

We'll see how this week pans out.
It looked like they were having a nice shouting match. Sing had that crazy look in his eye, but Alex kept yelling right back at him. Good for him.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.

Ummm I guess it doesn't dawn on you that Ginn would never have caught that Pass anyway because he was looking at the back of the End Zone instead of having turned his head to ADJUST to the Pass?

Ever played Receiver? Obviously not.

~Ceadder

[ Edited by Ceadderman on Oct 11, 2010 at 00:29:55 ]
Originally posted by AKfanster:
It looked like they were having a nice shouting match. Sing had that crazy look in his eye, but Alex kept yelling right back at him. Good for him.

Sing's crazy look is overrated

Sing is overrated. Amirite? ZINGER! POW!
This team is a Soap Opera every week. At least they are excellent entertainment value...

Ummm... No, I don't think so. I've only seen it on TV, never in person. I can only assume how that stare would be in person. I think it would be pretty intense.
Originally posted by ttime1:
Originally posted by Crysknife10:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Hey, I'm retired and I watch a lot of football. I rarely see QBs do well when under as much pressure as Alex is from his OL, penalties, dropped passes, and receivers not turning their heads when they should. No QB is perfect, and Alex isn't either. But he is a damn good QB and we are fortunate to have him. But he needs to have his OC and offensive teammates help him. I really doubt Rodgers would do as well under these circumstances.

Amen brother, preach it!

Actually, the play that I think that you are referring to where VD did not turn around was a called screen pass of which it would not matter if the defensive player blitzed or not. But, Alex is terrible my friend. He holds one the ball too long; makes bad deicsions which leads to bad throws and is weak minded. I think that he is a great kid, just a terrile QB.

Weak minded? Really? C'mon the kid is a lot of things but he is not weak minded. You don't get THAT booed and get benched and then tell your coach to shove it after he benches you and come back and throw 2 TD's. That takes balls my friend.

Anybody remember when the Eagles came to town in 94 and royally handed ass to the 9ers? Steve Young was benched and then he melted down on Seifert on the sidelines. The 9ers lost worse than we did today and from there the 9ers wnet on to have one of the best season's ever.

Oh wait. That was Steve Young. This is Alex Smith with his new side kick Fumble Gore and we're 0-5 already. Sorry nothing to see here, keep moving.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Crysknife10:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Hey, I'm retired and I watch a lot of football. I rarely see QBs do well when under as much pressure as Alex is from his OL, penalties, dropped passes, and receivers not turning their heads when they should. No QB is perfect, and Alex isn't either. But he is a damn good QB and we are fortunate to have him. But he needs to have his OC and offensive teammates help him. I really doubt Rodgers would do as well under these circumstances.

Amen brother, preach it!

I have never heard a QB booed so savagely in my entire life, and for Alex to do what he did after that, I don't know if any QB in the league could have done so.

I was embarrassed by our "fans" tonight. Booed when we'd run, booed Alex endlessly even when Frank didn't turn his head to catch the screen, they booed Alex. He shut them up with the 2 TDs. But our fans at the game are a joke. Our D is garbage. Can't put any pressure on a QB making only his 4th start. But Alex played great imho. Minus the fumble it was about his only bad play. Carr, Troy Smith, or Nate Davis wouldn't have been able to do anything close to over 300 yards and 3 TDs against a good Eagles defense.
alex smith is trash. move him to the practice squad if anything, and bump up nate davis. i dont understand why any niner fan would have his back after this game; he had 2 ill-advised interceptions, and a fumble on his favorite play (roll out and throw to manusky). this game is all on him. yea gore coughed up tha rock, but you just got to give the eagles D credit. alex smith should have went after the eagles back up safety who replaced mikell on that last drive but he didnt... now we're at 0-5 and im stuck here wondering... what would YOU do for a Klondike bar?
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

What about the game killing INT on the last drive that was putting Nedny in a spot to tie the game? Way to be consistent, don't you think?
Share 49ersWebzone