There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What Singletary said to Smith!

Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by InconvnientTruth:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
The defense is overrated.........

they were last night. Played like s**t!!! They were caught flat footed all night. McCoy aint THAT good. Geez. Then we make Kolb look like a premiere NFL QB. So f**king frustrating.

I also find it amazing how some people on here refuse to blame the defense for anything. They'll blame Smith for every little thing, but the D has averaged over 20pts per game. They are soft.

It reminds me of the "Alexecuses" people keep complaining about on here.

They had like 3 second stringers on the oline, and a 3rd string center, and they still seemed to pick up all our blitzes.

Btw did you see that play where the eagles D line knew what our play was, and all shifted left? I can't wait till we go for broke and just start and end the game in the spread..
That was the result of the Eagles knowing the 49er main OL blocking scheme is man blocking. The Eagles just waited until Baas called the blocking assignments and then shifted when it was too late for Baas to adjust it.

Until the 49ers can man blocking and begin zone blocking (hit the guy in front of you no matter where he comes from), they will continue to be susceptible to stunts like that.

Man blocking is just another version of Mike Singletary Macho Man football that no longer works in the NFL.

[ Edited by dj43 on Oct 11, 2010 at 09:26:36 ]
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by InconvnientTruth:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
The defense is overrated.........

they were last night. Played like s**t!!! They were caught flat footed all night. McCoy aint THAT good. Geez. Then we make Kolb look like a premiere NFL QB. So f**king frustrating.

I also find it amazing how some people on here refuse to blame the defense for anything. They'll blame Smith for every little thing, but the D has averaged over 20pts per game. They are soft.

It reminds me of the "Alexecuses" people keep complaining about on here.

They had like 3 second stringers on the oline, and a 3rd string center, and they still seemed to pick up all our blitzes.

Btw did you see that play where the eagles D line knew what our play was, and all shifted left? I can't wait till we go for broke and just start and end the game in the spread..
That was the result of the Eagles knowing the 49er main OL blocking scheme is man blocking. The Eagles just waited until Baas called the blocking assignments and then shifted when it was too late for the Baas to adjust it.

Until the 49ers can man blocking and begin zone blocking (hit the guy in front of you no matter where he comes from), they will continue to be susceptible to stunts like that.

Man blocking is just another version of Mike Singletary Macho Man football that no longer works in the NFL.

THANK YOU
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

WOW! Well said!!!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

5 TURNOVERS


5

WE LOST BY 3 POINTS WITH A CHANCE TO COMEBACK


SING AND THE DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME

IT'S ALEX SMITH

IS HE NOT A 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE?
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

5 TURNOVERS


5

WE LOST BY 3 POINTS WITH A CHANCE TO COMEBACK


SING AND THE DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME

IT'S ALEX SMITH

IS HE NOT A 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE?

Yeah, he totally lost it for us in the NO game. He did what he needed to do but the D couldn't stop anyone. Same story all year. I'm not saying alex didn't do some dumb things but to pin it all on him is crazy.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

What about the game killing INT on the last drive that was putting Nedny in a spot to tie the game? Way to be consistent, don't you think?

Alex got absolutely CREAMED on that throw.

I'm gobsmacked that you even blame him 100% for that. I blame the Line for not giving him time to throw it.

"Right Alex, well you should have channeled your inner psychic to see that you were toast the moment you took your three step drop."

My Lord man please stop at the concession booth to buy a clue on your way out Alex will autograph it the next time you attend a game.

~Ceadder



Damn... Is that You Ceadder??
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

5 TURNOVERS


5

WE LOST BY 3 POINTS WITH A CHANCE TO COMEBACK


SING AND THE DEFENSE IS NOT TO BLAME

IT'S ALEX SMITH

IS HE NOT A 1ST ROUND DRAFT PICK WITH 4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE?
Directly resulting from a missed gimme field goal.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

It kinda did matter because whatever he said, it got him back in the game.

We lost. so again does it matter?

You're a glass is half empty kind of person aren't you?

Honestly this is Smith's "Steve Young" moment. What he does from here on out will dictate what happens to his NFL career.

If you don't see that then you don't get it. WE had the chance to win and sending Carr in at that time would have cemented ther loss.

~Ceadder

You will say that every week after every close loss Ceadar. But wait ...he is about to transform finally into the QB we all thought he would be when we drafted him over Aaron Rogers 6 years ago..
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

It kinda did matter because whatever he said, it got him back in the game.

We lost. so again does it matter?

You're a glass is half empty kind of person aren't you?

Honestly this is Smith's "Steve Young" moment. What he does from here on out will dictate what happens to his NFL career.

If you don't see that then you don't get it. WE had the chance to win and sending Carr in at that time would have cemented ther loss.

~Ceadder

You will say that every week after every close loss Ceadar. But wait ...he is about to transform finally into the QB we all thought he would be when we drafted him over Aaron Rogers 6 years ago..
Smith put three scores on the board and gave away one. Net=+14.

The defense allowed four scoring drives, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Gore put it on the ground twice and self-admitted he "didn't help." Net=-20.

Nedney missed a gimme field goal. Net=-3.

Who lost the game?
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

It kinda did matter because whatever he said, it got him back in the game.

We lost. so again does it matter?

You're a glass is half empty kind of person aren't you?

Honestly this is Smith's "Steve Young" moment. What he does from here on out will dictate what happens to his NFL career.

If you don't see that then you don't get it. WE had the chance to win and sending Carr in at that time would have cemented ther loss.

~Ceadder

You will say that every week after every close loss Ceadar. But wait ...he is about to transform finally into the QB we all thought he would be when we drafted him over Aaron Rogers 6 years ago..
Smith put three scores on the board and gave away one. Net=+14.

The defense allowed four scoring drives, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Gore put it on the ground twice and self-admitted he "didn't help." Net=-20.

Nedney missed a gimme field goal. Net=-3.

Who lost the game?

Give and take. Defense is not always stellar. But they are way more consistent than Smith. One thing Smith is consistent with is INTS. He averages 2 per game if you haven't noticed.

The defense can't always have it all nice and rosey for Smith.

[ Edited by BETTERDAYZ9ERS on Oct 11, 2010 at 10:54:51 ]
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by FourNine49:
I wonder what Smith said to Sing. That was the first time I've ever seen Smith so fired up.

Does it matter?

It kinda did matter because whatever he said, it got him back in the game.

We lost. so again does it matter?

You're a glass is half empty kind of person aren't you?

Honestly this is Smith's "Steve Young" moment. What he does from here on out will dictate what happens to his NFL career.

If you don't see that then you don't get it. WE had the chance to win and sending Carr in at that time would have cemented ther loss.

~Ceadder

You will say that every week after every close loss Ceadar. But wait ...he is about to transform finally into the QB we all thought he would be when we drafted him over Aaron Rogers 6 years ago..
Smith put three scores on the board and gave away one. Net=+14.

The defense allowed four scoring drives, 2 TDs and 2 FGs. Gore put it on the ground twice and self-admitted he "didn't help." Net=-20.

Nedney missed a gimme field goal. Net=-3.

Who lost the game?

Give and take. Defense is not always stellar. But they are way more consistent than Smith. One thing Smith is consistent with is INTS. He averages 2 per game if you haven't noticed.

The defense can't always have it all nice and rosey for Smith.
If consistency is your grade then you DEFINITELY must include the defense in your negative grade. They have NOT played up to the level they did last year. Last night they allowed a back-up QB and a make-shift OL with a waiver-wire center and Desean Jackson playing on one leg go on four scoring drives.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.
Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.

Like I said, I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but the underthrown ball is the primary reason it was intercepted.
I dont blame alex for the loss in this game, he show me plenty!!! with the kind of performance he put in, it would be the dumest decision if he doesn't star next week...

he show a ton of leadership and more important we now know he has the support of all his teamates, they all what to win for him a la SY 94... this could be the turn of the season...

if not well I bet next year we have a new coach and new qb... but for now lets see if we can get the alex smith of the 4 quarter in the whole game....

more drama!!!

go niners...
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.
Ginn's performance on that pass was an example of why Miami cut him. He had a chance to make a play but didn't. Period.

Quarterbacks rarely throw perfect passes 50 yards down the field, even if their first name if Peyton. A receiver has a job to do. He can't expect the ball to fall into his front pocket on every throw.

Like I said, I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but the underthrown ball is the primary reason it was intercepted.

And that has been the root cause. I would give him a free pass if it was the first time but Smith has been consistently, way inaccurate, on those throws. I mean, he's usually 2 yards off when most QBs who throw balls 50 yards down field allow their receivers a chance to get a hand on it on most throws.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The 1st INT was due to Ginn not being a Receiver. He shouldn't even be on the field when the Offense is. He's not a good Receiver and doesn't understand when to turn around. If that was Rice, Bruce, Battle, Taylor friggin Jacobs, that wouldn't have been and Interception cause they would have turned around once they got within 10 yards of the End Zone and made a play on the ball. Instead Ginn runs pell mell to the End Zone doesn't look back and the DB does.

Good play by the DB, bad form on Ginn and Smith looks bad on a play that every QB would look like a hero by one of the aforementioned Receivers.

We have Vernon and Crabtree for the outroutes and Ziggy can take the intermediate and Morgan and Gore can take Dumpoff and shallow routes. Ginn doesn't need to be on that field at that time. Solid returner. Sh!tty option at Receiver.

~Ceadder

Yep, it had nothing to do with the ball being underthrown.
Go back and look at the play again. It was not underthrown. It was right where it gave Ginn a chance to go up for the ball and make a play, but he didn't. Throw that same ball up to Morgan and he will at least knock it down if not catch. Too bad Morgan doesn't have Ginn's speed.

It should have been thrown over the top, not where Ginn would have to go up and fight for the ball. He isn't Larry Fitzgerald and Smith knows this.

When a receiver is streaking and has to stop, turn around and try to get a jump ball, it's an underthrown pass.

I'm not saying Ginn doesn't deserve some blame, but that ball was not accurate, either.

Ummm I guess it doesn't dawn on you that Ginn would never have caught that Pass anyway because he was looking at the back of the End Zone instead of having turned his head to ADJUST to the Pass?

Ever played Receiver? Obviously not.

~Ceadder

Actually, yes, I have played receiver. In college, no less. I love it when people who's football experience spans only the Pop Warner level try to question whether or not I've played. Anyway, let me tell you exactly why it wouldn't even matter if I had played or not:

A pass properly placed, even if not caught by Ginn, more than likely would have fallen incomplete. You do understand that an incompletion is better than an interception, right? Obviously not.

You don't have to have played receiver to know this, you just need common sense and you can't blindly defend a certain player on every mistake he contributes to.