LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 259 users in the forums

What Singletary said to Smith!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VA9erfan:
The defense is overrated.........

they were last night. Played like s**t!!! They were caught flat footed all night. McCoy aint THAT good. Geez. Then we make Kolb look like a premiere NFL QB. So f**king frustrating.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

they were last night. Played like s**t!!! They were caught flat footed all night. McCoy aint THAT good. Geez. Then we make Kolb look like a premiere NFL QB. So f**king frustrating.

I also find it amazing how some people on here refuse to blame the defense for anything. They'll blame Smith for every little thing, but the D has averaged over 20pts per game. They are soft.

It reminds me of the "Alexecuses" people keep complaining about on here.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
@MaioccoCSN

Alex Smith has never taken this long after a game. If I were to take a guess, I'd say he's probably having a chat with 49ers head coach.

http://twitter.com/#!/MaioccoCSN

He was probably applying the Vagisil... gingerly.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Originally posted by sacniner:
Originally posted by TDNiners:
Yeah... I read part of that too..

Alex got him his 14 points.

Too bad, Sing didn't yell at the defense too, to not give up more points.

The D played good. We absolutely needed to scoop up that fumble by McCoy. That was critical. But in reality, Gore lost the game for us in a big way. But because of Smith being the QB, nobody will talk about Gore coughing two fumbles up and playing a s*itty game for the most part.

Gore is overrated. Like Smith, he is too inconsistent, and he turns the ball over too much. I think we need to get other back into the mix. I'd like to see more of Dixon.
  • marls
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Brew:
Wait so Alex is the one that wanted to come out?

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

So we don't know the FULL story.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

Thank you Ceadder, saves me from typing it!
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

I also find it amazing how some people on here refuse to blame the defense for anything. They'll blame Smith for every little thing, but the D has averaged over 20pts per game. They are soft.

They had like 3 second stringers on the oline, and a 3rd string center, and they still seemed to pick up all our blitzes.
Originally posted by InconvnientTruth:

They had like 3 second stringers on the oline, and a 3rd string center, and they still seemed to pick up all our blitzes.

Well they said jimmy raye and our offense was predictable, I have been calling for manuskys head since last season.

Our defense sucks, and can't adjust..

Btw did you see that play where the eagles D line knew what our play was, and all shifted left? I can't wait till we go for broke and just start and end the game in the spread..

One last comment, look how much better our offense looks when delanie walker isn't on the field. We need actual wide receivers on the field to make plays, not a half ass tight end.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We have to completely exhaust Alex. That is give him absolutely every oppurtunity before we hand it over to Carr. That way we can't say that we didn't give Alex all the opportunities to show what he could do.
Originally posted by mayo49:
We have to completely exhaust Alex. That is give him absolutely every oppurtunity before we hand it over to Carr. That way we can't say that we didn't give Alex all the opportunities to show what he could do.

Well the thing is about that, the fans all say we have had 6 years.. or we are 0-5 he has had his chance.. blah blah..

The offense has yet to be tailored to smiths shotgun strenghts (with creative playcalling)

SO we haven't fully exhausted what he can do yet.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Smith has heart and some thick skin but he's just not a good QB. The only way he will succeed will be for us to play the spread offense.

If you want to blame someone for thsi loss than you can blame Gore and the defense.

Fixed.

• ZRF80

That's not true. I read lips too. Sing said We're behind 24 to 10 and I gotta... camera panned to something else.

I have a feeling Sing was gonna throw the hook on Smith but Smith got pissed and started yelling at Sing(this we DID see) and told him that he could still play.

Now this I believe. The boobirds were out in full force like Smith crapped on somebodies kid at the 50 and the game was his fault when it wasn't. I think Smith finally stuck up for himself. He was pissed and I don't blame him. It was a stupid mistake that gave up 7 but to that point look at how solid he was playing the game.

Frank put the ball down twice and everyone boos Alex. That;s f@ckin stupid imho.

If our Defense could stop a gang of school kids from scoring on their baby sister Alex would not be in the position of having to comeback from even a 7 point deficit. But that sh!t is lost on the "Faithful".

He gave up 7. The Defense gave up 14. Why are we pissed at Smith today? Oh I forgot when you're drafted 1st overall you have to be Montana and Young all rolled into one and have to keep the Opposing Offense from scoring too.

~Ceadder

Good thing we have you to set us straight. It's obvious that everything thats wrong with this team has nothing to do with Smith, and in reality it has had nothing to do with Smith since 2005.

Thanks for the heads up.
  • RKab
  • Veteran

~Ceadder

The crowd was booing the Frank Gore up the gut for no gain, one yard gain, two yard gain LONG before they booed Smith.

The difference is, the D has proven in the past that they are a competent enough defense that is now going through a stretch of disappointing play.

Alex Smith, on the other hand, still can't disprove that he is just an overall mediocre QB capable of brief glimpses of stellar play.
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Anyone see the Bears win yesterday? Backup quaterback throws four interceptions, they have a piece of crap oline, but thier defense managed to keep them in the game?

Just Saying?

Originally posted by RKab:

~Ceadder

The crowd was booing the Frank Gore up the gut for no gain, one yard gain, two yard gain LONG before they booed Smith.

THANK YOU
Share 49ersWebzone