Originally posted by Envy:
Originally posted by Hollywood:
In order

Singletary
Smith
Manusky
Clements

Would love to know how this is Singletary's fault. Lets talk about Smith's inability to throw an accurate pass 5 yards.

"Alex (Smith) is our quarterback" - Mike Singletary

LOL ok so Carr is the answer or Troy smith lol WRONG! good one though you almost had me believe you there

Well look if you are going to ask me a question and answer it for me then its not going to work.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
We need to get parcells or Holmgren in here and start from there and make a qb move this offseason. Those are priorities and that will help a lot for our team and then make moves based of need from there. destroying a team mid season will accomplish NOTHING right now.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Hollywood:
In order

Singletary
Smith
Manusky
Clements

Would love to know how this is Singletary's fault. Lets talk about Smith's inability to throw an accurate pass 5 yards.

"Alex (Smith) is our quarterback" - Mike Singletary

LOL ok so Carr is the answer or Troy smith lol WRONG! good one though you almost had me believe you there

Well look if you are going to ask me a question and answer it for me then its not going to work.
ok so carr and troy smith are they the answer?
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
Alex.

Add Sing
We all know Smith is not the complete problem. However, he is a large contributing factor. Why do I want Smith cut?

I am tired of watching an offense where I literally fear passing plays.
-I have ZERO confidence in Smith when he drops back.
-When you can see an obvious checkdown, he is almost always going to take it.
-When he throws down field, I cringe with what the end result may be.
-When the OL breaks apart, and he starts rolling right, I hope he will make something happen. In reality, I realized this is not going to happen.
-You can rarely count on him to pull great plays out of of nowhere
-Smith brings nothing "special" to this team (i.e. no cannon arm, no moxie, no scrappy playing, etc.)

While I do not like our backup situation, I feel that Carr can at least make the "routine passes" that Smith consistently misses. I talk to everyone in my section (LR 28), and they all don't like Smith. I have been a season ticket holder since 2005, so don't give me that "fariweather fan" crap either...
I'll blame Bush for our lack of strategery.

Oh and Clements...can we get some smart DB's in here please????
I don't fly air tractors, I fly a Thrush, kind of the same, but better flying airplanes for my operation.
Originally posted by excelsior:
Ryan made some bad throws, one being intercepted at a critical time at the end of the game. But Atlanta won, and his bad passes will be forgotten.

Alex made a number of good throws, but the one thatt will be most focused on will be his dumb interception.

When they showed the GB highlights, how many besides me noticed how relaxed Rodgers was as he waited for his quality receivers to get open? He had all the time in the world to set and throw a perfect strike for touchdowns. I do not care what many of you say, but OL plays a huge role in a QB's performance. Alex's poorest throws were when he trying to get something done while defenders were bearing down on him.

Alex has played his whole career with a team whose OL was poor. He entire experience and the focus of his coaching has been to get the ball out in a hurry. After all those years and all that experience he plays like you would expect - with hasty desperation. The kid is good, and could be really good if he played with a quality organization that developed him under the right circumstances. I concede that Rodgers is better than Alex, but I suspect that Rodger's performances would be significantly less if he had been playing here rather than at GB.

For those that will harp about my "excuses," you can just "Go stuff it."

I totally agree...that 6'5" linemen was running free in Alex's face and had to throw high...unfortunately, Gore is short and always seems to tip the damn ball up to defenders, even when it's thrown towards the sideline. He played well but again, missed some crucial throws (had Morgan deep but again, pressure caused that IC). He really needs to work on his touch passes and leading the receiver (Montana's signature) and passing around the waist and keeping his passes down (mechanics). Some good pressure drills this week could help. It's correctable...great job on audibles today!
[ Edited by NCommand on Oct 3, 2010 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by BigBug415:
Anyone who blames Nate Clements for this loss is CLUELESS.

All Nate did was make a TREMENDOUS INT and was trying to make a play.

That bum Alex on the other hand has to go.

Call me clueless cause all he had to do was go down with the ball and the game is over. Finish the play!!! He has to understand white is one of the fastest players in the league and Nate wasn't even running full speed. Ahhhhh!
Fault:

The Yorks for hiring Sing, a puzzling choice. Sing was honest about what he wanted to do, but they hired him anyway.

Sing. Simply over his head and now just in the way, and for hiring Raye.

Raye because Johnson now has to put in a real offense, but work around the Raye offense.

Smith, somewhat unfairly, for just simply not having the talent. A good person, not weak or anything, just not that good.

Nate C for not thinking that the other team might employ determined and tough guys who get millions of dollars for being fast and able to catch people...

I would say the prevent defense on the last drive would indict the DC, but was it his idea?

Someone who isn't here, a real pass rusher.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by excelsior:
Ryan made some bad throws, one being intercepted at a critical time at the end of the game. But Atlanta won, and his bad passes will be forgotten.

Alex made a number of good throws, but the one thatt will be most focused on will be his dumb interception.

When they showed the GB highlights, how many besides me noticed how relaxed Rodgers was as he waited for his quality receivers to get open? He had all the time in the world to set and throw a perfect strike for touchdowns. I do not care what many of you say, but OL plays a huge role in a QB's performance. Alex's poorest throws were when he trying to get something done while defenders were bearing down on him.

Alex has played his whole career with a team whose OL was poor. He entire experience and the focus of his coaching has been to get the ball out in a hurry. After all those years and all that experience he plays like you would expect - with hasty desperation. The kid is good, and could be really good if he played with a quality organization that developed him under the right circumstances. I concede that Rodgers is better than Alex, but I suspect that Rodger's performances would be significantly less if he had been playing here rather than at GB.

For those that will harp about my "excuses," you can just "Go stuff it."

I totally agree...that 6'5" linemen was running free in Alex's face and had to throw high...unfortunately, Gore is short and always seems to tip the damn ball up to defenders, even when it's thrown towards the sideline. He played well but again, missed some crucial throws (had Morgan deep but again, pressure caused that IC). He really needs to work on his touch passes and leading the receiver (Montana's signature) and passing around the waist and keeping his passes down (mechanics). Some good pressure drills this week could help. It's correctable...great job on audibles today!

He is making the same mistakes. I hope you are being sarcastic...
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nate Trying to do to much, and tarrel brown getting owned. kids to small please get me a new cb for xmas santa.
Its all about winning no matter how you get it done.

We had a chance to win the game if #22 simply holds on to the ball or goes down or out of bounds -period - no excuses.

Its not about winning pretty or how you win but just find a way to win and this team is the exact opposite of that.

Smith was hot and cold but did throw 2 picks so he is tied with celments for my top honors.

Our DC cannot rush 3 players on a 3rd and 15 from the falcons 10 with around 3 minutes to go, so he is to blame as well.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
I hope they bench Alex tomorrow
Originally posted by fly15:
I hope they bench Alex tomorrow

Not good enough... cut him!
Share 49ersWebzone