There are 56 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The NFL's # 1 Defense Thread

Seen a few blitzes today with the inside backers instead those slow ass safety blitzes. Front 7 was dominant.
The pass defense concerns me. Not so much our coverage but our pass rush. We have done what we needed to do vs the inexperienced QB's but we just can't pressure the experienced QB's quick enough or enough to the point where they begin to see our paint more than their own. The better QB's we play get the ball out quicker and with more accuracy but at the same time, we haven't rattled them.

I know we would like keep no more than 4 rushing, but we can't rely on coverage vs the better QB's. The best QB's get beat when they are heavily pressured. Brady and Manning get beat in the playoffs when the blitzes are heavy and they aren't allowed to sit there and scan the field.

I'm concerned that we don't have top level blitzers.
AJ Feeley fractured his right thumb in the game yesterday. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/the-rams-could-be-down-to-tom-brandstater/
Originally posted by captveg:
AJ Feeley fractured his right thumb in the game yesterday. http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/05/the-rams-could-be-down-to-tom-brandstater/

Add him to the long list of pain-train (thread)
Aldon has 8 TFLs? wow
Our secondary is far from weak. We are top 5 in INT's, 3rd down conversions, and passes defended.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
Our secondary is far from weak. We are top 5 in INT's, 3rd down conversions, and passes defended.

4th in opponents passer rating.
28 total turnovers, 16 INTs and 12 Fumble Recovers, compared to just 10 give away(5 each), Thats a +18 difference. We have an elite defense.

If you're referring to my statement that our DBs are the weakest part of the D, I stand by this...but, as I said, they are playing very well...it's just that the rest of the D is the best in the NFL. Kind of like saying during an interview...My weakness is my humility.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Seen a few blitzes today with the inside backers instead those slow ass safety blitzes. Front 7 was dominant.

this was feely in our game yesterday, Against our defense.

[ Edited by unst4bl3 on Dec 5, 2011 at 10:22 PM ]

would like to see more quick hit INT's
Originally posted by Wodwo:

4th in opponents passer rating.

All because of our pass rush!
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
Originally posted by lamontb:

this was feely in our game yesterday, Against our defense.

lol @ the poster who started this thread. He is BANNED.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
After the Monday night game, we moved from #5 to #4 overall Defense.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home