The NFL's # 1 Defense Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by canadian49erfan:
Nap time

My woman "I think he recovered it"

me "a dead person can't recover a ball"
^LOL
Originally posted by SF4EVA:
You do realize that keeping the safety's back was part of the game plan right? It kept brees from hitting his trgets quickly. They were able to force the Oline work even harder to protect Drew. I saw a couple times where Drew was going threw his complete progression 2x and still not find an open man. Everyone is talking the front 4 of NY. but ours is way better.

No issues with the safeties playing deep BUT they were playing TOO deep and late getting to the play...Graham/Sproles 1on1 in the open field is a huge mismatch for any team. We had Willis on not 1 but 2 Graham TD's; he should have been matched on Sproles the whole game and Goldson should have been on Graham with Whitner doubling Colston. Scheme these three points and this is a blowout.
  • da209
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Did anyone see the hit that Donte Whitner put on Henderson after T.Brown intercepted the football? Savage!!!

Yeah he was Playing like a mad men.
''If you put our film on all year long, you'll see wide receivers getting hit, you'll see running backs getting hit, you'll see guys leaving the game early,'' Whitner said. ''We don't pride ourselves on hurting anybody, but it's just being physical. If you be physical with guys, sometimes they're not going to make it 60 minutes in a football game. We pride ourselves on being the most physical team on the football field. That's what Pittsburgh's been doing for so long, that's what Baltimore's been doing for so long.''Now it's our turn.''

Wow, I love what Donte Whitner said that!! Awesome!! I love it because i like it..
http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8261ec09/Sound-FX-Saints-vs-49ers

Awesome video all around but I love it at 1:20 after Goldson's pic where they are all yelling

"who's the best in the league?"

"WE'RE THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE!!!!"

Too bad Whitner went for the pic to seal the game and was way late on the Graham TD.
Share 49ersWebzone