There are 205 users in the forums

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by darkknight49:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are we laughing at 0-3? Alex Smith? Or that we have a real shot at being 1-7 or 0-8?

Playing Nate Davis, I presume.

I don't see how it is funny, when ther isn't a clear cut better option at QB.

You're wrong there. Alex Smith>>>>> David Carr >>>>> Troy Smith >>>>> Nate Davis.

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Why would you throw a practice squad QB that cleared waivers, which MEANS ALL OTHER 31 TEAMS thought he was garbage, and start him over two other guys (Carr and Smith) who are better options.

This mancrush for Nate Davis has got to stop. The guy has a cannon of an arm but lacks the awareness and the mental process to call a good game.

Therefore:

BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if anything Carr or Troy Smith would finish before Nate the "not great" Davis finished.

FYI Nate Davis is on the practice squad.
Our depth chart on the QB is one of the worst in the league. I don't think it is the worst, but it's down there. I'm still in favor of Alex getting a full season in before we make judgements. Or at least a good 10-12 games.

But, fact is, with our horrid QB lineup, you'd want to plug in the 4th string QB into the starting position? Nate Davis wouldn't even make it on 26 other teams in this league as a 4th string QB.

Alex has 3 games down. So far, not so good. At this rate, we'll have a new QB in 2011. But it's only been 3 tough games.

~Dann~
First off....

Second, until we get the oline working smoother, this offense will struggle...period.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
First off....

Second, until we get the oline working smoother, this offense will struggle...period.

this!!! Throw in play calling that is so predictable and the offense might get somewhere.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

are we laughing at 0-3? Alex Smith? Or that we have a real shot at being 1-7 or 0-8?

You're wrong there. Alex Smith>>>>> David Carr >>>>> Troy Smith >>>>> Nate Davis.

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Why would you throw a practice squad QB that cleared waivers, which MEANS ALL OTHER 31 TEAMS thought he was garbage, and start him over two other guys (Carr and Smith) who are better options.

This mancrush for Nate Davis has got to stop. The guy has a cannon of an arm but lacks the awareness and the mental process to call a good game.

Therefore:

he has a better feel for the game than any Qb on our team, you can't teach that. I think he starts some games for us this year, if we are out of it. Hill was once an undrafted practice squad player and started for us.
Why we have Troy Smith now
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
First off....

this!!! Throw in play calling that is so predictable and the offense might get somewhere.

Suushh! you are going to rile up the haters with your logic!
Originally posted by 49faithful_sik:
Why we have Troy Smith now

The name Smith scares people.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Davis is GARBAGE what dont people get. Carr is trash too please stop with these threads already.

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Axl49:
Davis is GARBAGE what dont people get. Carr is trash too please stop with these threads already.

But, the team is pretty garbage from top to bottom.
First of all Davis is not the answer but we will not go 1-7 but will be 3-5 at the bye with a real chance to go 6-2 or 5-3 to finish the season.

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Therefore:

he has a better feel for the game than any Qb on our team, you can't teach that. I think he starts some games for us this year, if we are out of it. Hill was once an undrafted practice squad player and started for us.

Did you watch the last game he played in preseason?! His performance totally goes against what you are saying. He sucked. He didn't call the right protection. He called the wrong audibles. He was just "winging" it... that doesn't show that he has a "better feel" for the game.

This guy sucks and he's the 4th best option on the team. I don't know why you would want him starting, unless you want the team to go 0-8 and get the first pick of the draft.

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Therefore:

Did you watch the last game he played in preseason?! His performance totally goes against what you are saying. He sucked. He didn't call the right protection. He called the wrong audibles. He was just "winging" it... that doesn't show that he has a "better feel" for the game.

This guy sucks and he's the 4th best option on the team. I don't know why you would want him starting, unless you want the team to go 0-8 and get the first pick of the draft.

Don't just go off of last pre-season, look at the final preseason game of 2009. He made the same mistakes.
  • pd24
  • Veteran

SERIOUS ANSWER HERE:

Therefore:

Did you watch the 1st game of the season? Smith can't play QB unless everyone else does everything they are suppose to do as far as protection and running routs, if something goes wrong Smith cant function. A QB needs to be able to do stuff when things break down.

And about going 0-8, we are on our way. I also want the 1st pick so they can draft Luck.
Share 49ersWebzone