Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by aman49:
Troy Smith

What intrigues you about Troy Smith?

not sure about aman, but what intrigues ME about Troy Smith is that he's a talented, hard working QB with a few years experience who hasn't really had an opportunity to be a full-time starter yet.

I don't know if he's our long-term answer, but, if this season implodes, I wouldn't mind seeing him in there to see if he could be a stop-gap.
I am far more interested in Troy Smith than Nate Davis. He was doing an OK job with the Ravens before he was injured and Flacco took over.
or Trent Edwards
If the Niners are 1-7, I think Singletary is toast. There will be a new coach next year and a new offense. I still don't know exactly what Davis did to fall so far out of favor, but it seems Davis still doesn't have the offense down. Mental issues or laziness

Just let Alex go down with the ship and prepare for the house cleaning.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedAlert:
If the Niners are 1-7, I think Singletary is toast. There will be a new coach next year and a new offense. I still don't know exactly what Davis did to fall so far out of favor, but it seems Davis still doesn't have the offense down. Mental issues or laziness

That wasn't fair to Davis when Singletary said that, because now we all know that Singletary didn't have the offense down either.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by jta854:
Originally posted by jreff22:
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

What about how the other 31 teams passed on him?

What about how we made Alex Smith the 1st player taken in the draft, and the raiders doing the same with JaMarcus Russell. What about Romo not getting drafted or the other 31 teams passing on tom Brady?

Smith and Russell have no logical connection to your comments about N. Davis discussion.

As for the Brady and Romo statement, what is your point? Some times you find a diamond in the rough, but 99 time out of 100 you just find rocks.

If you want the bet the house (rest of the season) on the chance that Davis is the next Brady, thats your opinion, but I'll pass.

That is real easy to figure out, all you have to do is read what I replied to.

So your logic is: Romo and Brady were are great late round finds, so we should give Nate a chance as the starter?
Originally posted by RedAlert:

That wasn't fair to Davis when Singletary said that, because now we all know that Singletary didn't have the offense down either.

True
nate davis should not even be on the team.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
PS QB does not = Answer

We have a PS coach that alot of people thought was the answer. The PS coach is they guy that decided to cut this QB who was played as good or better than any QB that is on our roster. Sice Sing isn't a good coach and knows nothing about offense or the QB position, I don't take his decision seriously. Sing needed to put himself on the PS.

What about how we made Alex Smith the 1st player taken in the draft, and the raiders doing the same with JaMarcus Russell. What about Romo not getting drafted or the other 31 teams passing on tom Brady?

Smith and Russell have no logical connection to your comments about N. Davis discussion.

As for the Brady and Romo statement, what is your point? Some times you find a diamond in the rough, but 99 time out of 100 you just find rocks.

If you want the bet the house (rest of the season) on the chance that Davis is the next Brady, thats your opinion, but I'll pass.

So your logic is: Romo and Brady were are great late round finds, so we should give Nate a chance as the starter?

He wouldn't do worse than 0-3. Also if you go through the thread I posted the stats of our 3 preseason QB's and they are all about the same, each one better in certain stats.
PS QB does not = Answer

He wouldn't do worse than 0-3. Also if you go through the thread I posted the stats of our 3 preseason QB's and they are all about the same, each one better in certain stats.

You are right about the 03 part, but The New Orleans game could have been a lot worse. As far as preseason stats, I don't think you can read to much into those.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I don't even wanna consider the possiblity of that record.
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
BUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

are we laughing at 0-3? Alex Smith? Or that we have a real shot at being 1-7 or 0-8?

are we laughing at 0-3? Alex Smith? Or that we have a real shot at being 1-7 or 0-8?
All of the above!!

Playing Nate Davis, I presume.