LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • titan
  • Veteran
No! let Smith practice, he will be a good backup.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The ignorance in this thread is absolutely astounding. Nate Davis sucks people, not that he doesn't have any talent at all, but he lacks the single most important thing to being successful, he doesn't care enough to work to get better. You can have all the talent in the world, but unless you apply yourself, you are wasting it.

so why do we keep Alex??

Because Alex is better than Nate Davis and has at least a work ethic.

work ethic doesnt WIN games, right?? just look at ur robot... and besides the !diot who came up with that bu!! s**t was Singletary. and he is the last person who should be talking about work ethic, cause he suks at it.
he's one of the reasons we're 0-3. but I hope he keeps Alex at Qb for this year, hopefully both will get fired at the end.

Nate Davis would NOT do any better. Nate Davis would have the same play calls, Nate Davis would have still been put in the negative situations Smith's been put in game after game. Putting him in a position where the team was down by 20 points and all of a sudden expecting him to open it up in the spread and pull out a win. Not easy. Raye is gone, and if Johnson opens it up in the BEGINNING and plays to Alex's strengths, HOPEFULLY we see this WIN you're talking about. Something N.Davis wouldnt be able to do because of his LACK of work ethic.

Alex strengths?? I didnt know he had any...
I agree with you to some point, however, Nate might not have a good work ethic (this according to Sing, you and I dont know that for a fact), but sure he has more abilities than the robot.

Yeah, Alex strength in the shotgun, in the SPREAD. Something he excelled and in Utah, and something he excelled at in the Texans game last year. Stop playing dumb and throw aside your oblivious hate for one minute and please separate your opinion from fact.

thats a new one, Alexcuse #439.
Its just not worth it, I dont hate the guy, but he just suxs at QB.

Excuse what? Alex plays well in the spread. Now you're just making s**t up. I don't care if you hate him, I don't care if he sucks, the matter of the fact is he is better in the spread. Period. I just HOPE MJ puts Alex in a position to win in the BEGINNING of the game, not when the team's down +20 f**king points.

mention two games that Alex has come from behind and WIN a game after being down 14+ points.....
He chokes buddy

No, he is NEVER put in the spread at the beginning. It's always when the Niners are down 20-30+ points. He chokes? lmao. Just because he's put in the spread and is expected to dig his team out of a huge hole and he doesn't, means he chokes? Please... Blame that s**t on bad play calling and halftime adjustments. When the defense is giving up almost 29 points a GAME, you can't keep putting your QB in those kind of, PREDICTABLE situations...

Thank you bro, now, running to the right, running to the left, 2 yard bombs are not gonna bring any 1st downs, What does that mean, here comes the defense, AGAIN after 3 and out, and 3 and out AGAIN. teams are gonna score, but if captain crunch chokes=NO POINTS guess what?? 0-3 here we are....
The ignorance in this thread is absolutely astounding. Nate Davis sucks people, not that he doesn't have any talent at all, but he lacks the single most important thing to being successful, he doesn't care enough to work to get better. You can have all the talent in the world, but unless you apply yourself, you are wasting it.

so why do we keep Alex??

work ethic doesnt WIN games, right?? just look at ur robot... and besides the !diot who came up with that bu!! s**t was Singletary. and he is the last person who should be talking about work ethic, cause he suks at it.
he's one of the reasons we're 0-3. but I hope he keeps Alex at Qb for this year, hopefully both will get fired at the end.

Nate Davis would NOT do any better. Nate Davis would have the same play calls, Nate Davis would have still been put in the negative situations Smith's been put in game after game. Putting him in a position where the team was down by 20 points and all of a sudden expecting him to open it up in the spread and pull out a win. Not easy. Raye is gone, and if Johnson opens it up in the BEGINNING and plays to Alex's strengths, HOPEFULLY we see this WIN you're talking about. Something N.Davis wouldnt be able to do because of his LACK of work ethic.

I agree with you to some point, however, Nate might not have a good work ethic (this according to Sing, you and I dont know that for a fact), but sure he has more abilities than the robot.

Yeah, Alex strength in the shotgun, in the SPREAD. Something he excelled and in Utah, and something he excelled at in the Texans game last year. Stop playing dumb and throw aside your oblivious hate for one minute and please separate your opinion from fact.

Excuse what? Alex plays well in the spread. Now you're just making s**t up. I don't care if you hate him, I don't care if he sucks, the matter of the fact is he is better in the spread. Period. I just HOPE MJ puts Alex in a position to win in the BEGINNING of the game, not when the team's down +20 f**king points.

mention two games that Alex has come from behind and WIN a game after being down 14+ points.....
He chokes buddy

No, he is NEVER put in the spread at the beginning. It's always when the Niners are down 20-30+ points. He chokes? lmao. Just because he's put in the spread and is expected to dig his team out of a huge hole and he doesn't, means he chokes? Please... Blame that s**t on bad play calling and halftime adjustments. When the defense is giving up almost 29 points a GAME, you can't keep putting your QB in those kind of, PREDICTABLE situations...

Thank you bro, now, running to the right, running to the left, 2 yard bombs are not gonna bring any 1st downs, What does that mean, here comes the defense, AGAIN after 3 and out, and 3 and out AGAIN. teams are gonna score, but if captain crunch chokes=NO POINTS guess what?? 0-3 here we are....

[ Edited by defenderDX on Sep 29, 2010 at 8:02 PM ]
  • fly15
  • Veteran

so why do we keep Alex??

He chokes buddy

Im not gonna get offended, cause you seem to be a nice guy, just advocating for the wrong guy....

Now, this is clueless....

so why do we keep Alex??

He chokes buddy

Im not gonna get offended, cause you seem to be a nice guy, just advocating for the wrong guy....

Here's an excuse for you. Look at how his protection is pushed into him. Obvious case of failing and not executing as a whole.

so why do we keep Alex??

He chokes buddy

Sorry, I know how to differentiate my facts from opinion. Some people just rely strictly on hate and oblivious opinion ignoring actual facts.

And you're right, so very clueless.

• fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:

so why do we keep Alex??

He chokes buddy

Here's an excuse for you. Look at how his protection is pushed into him. Obvious case of failing and not executing as a whole.

you're very funny dude, and we just came up with Alexcuse #807
Not the biggest Smith fan, but he's the qb. If Smith does'nt get us a win then,I would love to see N.Davis in but that's just my opinion.
Originally posted by 49ersBest1:

so why do we keep Alex??

He chokes buddy

you're very funny dude, and we just came up with Alexcuse #807

You forgot Alexcuse #808. His receivers aren't 6'8 and above.
Wow, check out all the offensive reps Nate Davis is getting in this latest vid (there's even a moment where he's lined up next to Alex, with David Carr doing nothing in the back):

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Offense-Focuses-on-Falcons/0242d484-1050-4849-8ea3-1201cf136a4f

-You don't usually see a practice squad QB throwing to starting TEs/receivers; in fact this is the first time I've actually seen Nate Davis taken off of scout duties (Jimmy Raye would classically line Nate up at CB at this time of the week).

If we go 0-5, or lose another game like the KC fiasco, you needn't worry about Nate. Bigmike(BM) is the one who needs to worry. That is my call...2 more losses before the break, or 1 really bad stinker, and BM is gone. Forget about Nate. If the 9ers fail to stop screens on D, or if the OL can't block for alex, or if BM calls a for krap game, or makes anyone of the dozens of mistakes he has already made...again...then there is no QB controversy, just a HC without a home. Remind me if and when I am wrong. My bet? i don't think BM makes it to end of season. But he can hasten that with a pair of really stinky awful rotten games, both of which we lose. Whether he makes it to midseason will be the 1st challenge.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If we go 0-5, or lose another game like the KC fiasco, you needn't worry about Nate. Bigmike(BM) is the one who needs to worry. That is my call...2 more losses before the break, or 1 really bad stinker, and BM is gone. Forget about Nate. If the 9ers fail to stop screens on D, or if the OL can't block for alex, or if BM calls a for krap game, or makes anyone of the dozens of mistakes he has already made...again...then there is no QB controversy, just a HC without a home. Remind me if and when I am wrong. My bet? i don't think BM makes it to end of season. But he can hasten that with a pair of really stinky awful rotten games, both of which we lose. Whether he makes it to midseason will be the 1st challenge.

Why do you hijack each thread with the same comments? You even made a thread about this topic you are trying to discuss in here.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Wow, check out all the offensive reps Nate Davis is getting in this latest vid (there's even a moment where he's lined up next to Alex, with David Carr doing nothing in the back):

http://www.49ers.com/media-gallery/videos/Offense-Focuses-on-Falcons/0242d484-1050-4849-8ea3-1201cf136a4f

-You don't usually see a practice squad QB throwing to starting TEs/receivers; in fact this is the first time I've actually seen Nate Davis taken off of scout duties (Jimmy Raye would classically line Nate up at CB at this time of the week).

I has a happy
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

That is f'in awesome
Share 49ersWebzone