If we go 1-7 we should let Nate Davis finish the year as the Starting QB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Wichita9erFan:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by seanh:
nate threw a 60 yard pass in the preseason. obviously that warrants a start in the regular season

A 60 yard off target pass at that.

To me it looked like it was on target. He led the reciever to an open spot, something we haven't seen from our starting QB.

Actually Ginn had to slow down to catch the ball. Remember the 70 yard touchdown alex threw to Vernon Davis vs. the Rams? That ball travelled about 50 yards, hit Vernon in stride along the sideline and was a score. Amazing how Alex haters have such selective memory!

speeking of memory....
Originally posted by fly15:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
The ignorance in this thread is absolutely astounding. Nate Davis sucks people, not that he doesn't have any talent at all, but he lacks the single most important thing to being successful, he doesn't care enough to work to get better. You can have all the talent in the world, but unless you apply yourself, you are wasting it.

so why do we keep Alex??

Because Alex is better than Nate Davis and has at least a work ethic.

work ethic doesnt WIN games, right?? just look at ur robot... and besides the !diot who came up with that bu!! s**t was Singletary. and he is the last person who should be talking about work ethic, cause he suks at it.
he's one of the reasons we're 0-3. but I hope he keeps Alex at Qb for this year, hopefully both will get fired at the end.

Nate Davis would NOT do any better. Nate Davis would have the same play calls, Nate Davis would have still been put in the negative situations Smith's been put in game after game. Putting him in a position where the team was down by 20 points and all of a sudden expecting him to open it up in the spread and pull out a win. Not easy. Raye is gone, and if Johnson opens it up in the BEGINNING and plays to Alex's strengths, HOPEFULLY we see this WIN you're talking about. Something N.Davis wouldnt be able to do because of his LACK of work ethic.
Originally posted by Wichita9erFan:
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by seanh:
nate threw a 60 yard pass in the preseason. obviously that warrants a start in the regular season

A 60 yard off target pass at that.

To me it looked like it was on target. He led the reciever to an open spot, something we haven't seen from our starting QB.

Actually Ginn had to slow down to catch the ball. Remember the 70 yard touchdown alex threw to Vernon Davis vs. the Rams? That ball travelled about 50 yards, hit Vernon in stride along the sideline and was a score. Amazing how Alex haters have such selective memory!

speeking of memory....

Oh yeah speaking of memory

Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

I like Nate but you want a QB who was waived because he was having trouble comprehending the playbook then put on the PS to start the last 8 games???

Brilliant!

Now back to the real world:

If Alex can't get any wins and/or struggles in the next couple of games then Carr(the backup QB) gets the call
  • fly15
  • Veteran
The ignorance in this thread is absolutely astounding. Nate Davis sucks people, not that he doesn't have any talent at all, but he lacks the single most important thing to being successful, he doesn't care enough to work to get better. You can have all the talent in the world, but unless you apply yourself, you are wasting it.

so why do we keep Alex??

work ethic doesnt WIN games, right?? just look at ur robot... and besides the !diot who came up with that bu!! s**t was Singletary. and he is the last person who should be talking about work ethic, cause he suks at it.
he's one of the reasons we're 0-3. but I hope he keeps Alex at Qb for this year, hopefully both will get fired at the end.

Nate Davis would NOT do any better. Nate Davis would have the same play calls, Nate Davis would have still been put in the negative situations Smith's been put in game after game. Putting him in a position where the team was down by 20 points and all of a sudden expecting him to open it up in the spread and pull out a win. Not easy. Raye is gone, and if Johnson opens it up in the BEGINNING and plays to Alex's strengths, HOPEFULLY we see this WIN you're talking about. Something N.Davis wouldnt be able to do because of his LACK of work ethic.

Alex strengths?? I didnt know he had any...
I agree with you to some point, however, Nate might not have a good work ethic (this according to Sing, you and I dont know that for a fact), but sure he has more abilities than the robot.

so why do we keep Alex??

I agree with you to some point, however, Nate might not have a good work ethic (this according to Sing, you and I dont know that for a fact), but sure he has more abilities than the robot.

Yeah, Alex strength in the shotgun, in the SPREAD. Something he excelled and in Utah, and something he excelled at in the Texans game last year. Stop playing dumb and throw aside your oblivious hate for one minute and please separate your opinion from fact.
Originally posted by Super5:
Might as well throw him out there for 8 real games and see what we have. If he is as good as some people think he can be, we wouldn't have to spend a 1st round pick on a QB and can adress the CB position or get a legit pass rusher.

It would be better than throwing Carr or T. Smith in there.

Thoughts?

I like Nate but you want a QB who was waived because he was having trouble comprehending the playbook then put on the PS to start the last 8 games???

Brilliant!

Now back to the real world:

If Alex can't get any wins and/or struggles in the next couple of games then Carr(the backup QB) gets the call

I love the education rebuttles considering he has a learning disability, yet graduated college just fine... interesting.
Absolutely not. Smith is not the problem. Its numerous things. Most his pics one could argue is crabs fault. It all goes back to none of the big four playin together in preseason
  • fly15
  • Veteran

so why do we keep Alex??

Yeah, Alex strength in the shotgun, in the SPREAD. Something he excelled and in Utah, and something he excelled at in the Texans game last year. Stop playing dumb and throw aside your oblivious hate for one minute and please separate your opinion from fact.

thats a new one, Alexcuse #439.
Its just not worth it, I dont hate the guy, but he just suxs at QB.

so why do we keep Alex??

Excuse what? Alex plays well in the spread. Now you're just making s**t up. I don't care if you hate him, I don't care if he sucks, the matter of the fact is he is better in the spread. Period. I just HOPE MJ puts Alex in a position to win in the BEGINNING of the game, not when the team's down +20 f**king points.

Originally posted by jreff22:
PS QB does not = Answer

How do you know? You only assume this to be true. If they go 1-7 everything is on the table including a mobile QB on PS to be brought up who can make plays happen, even if everyone is not perfect.

Beside what QB do we have not that makes perfect plays all the time? Or even part of the time, or even 25% of the time? Get it? no one..

So wot the heck..
Troy Smith?
  • fly15
  • Veteran

so why do we keep Alex??

Excuse what? Alex plays well in the spread. Now you're just making s**t up. I don't care if you hate him, I don't care if he sucks, the matter of the fact is he is better in the spread. Period. I just HOPE MJ puts Alex in a position to win in the BEGINNING of the game, not when the team's down +20 f**king points.

mention two games that Alex has come from behind and WIN a game after being down 14+ points.....
He chokes buddy
If the team goes 1-7 that doesn't mean it is the QB's fault. If Smith's quality of play continues (not good) they should bench him with that kind of record.

Nate Davis?!!!!! What did people not understand by him being put on the practice squad? After he was cut, no team picked him up for a reason. He is immature and unprepared to start in the NFL. The guy didn't spend the time in the offseason to learn and watch film like Smith and other dedicated QBs. Obviously the guy is talented but what kind of message would that send to the team? You think the offense looks unorganized now? Put in Mr. Limited Playbook as QB and watch defenses confuse him to death.

Carr is the second qb in the depth chart and that's who they will put in. What comes after 1? #2. Not #4 on the practice squad.

so why do we keep Alex??

mention two games that Alex has come from behind and WIN a game after being down 14+ points.....
He chokes buddy

No, he is NEVER put in the spread at the beginning. It's always when the Niners are down 20-30+ points. He chokes? lmao. Just because he's put in the spread and is expected to dig his team out of a huge hole and he doesn't, means he chokes? Please... Blame that s**t on bad play calling and halftime adjustments. When the defense is giving up almost 29 points a GAME, you can't keep putting your QB in those kind of, PREDICTABLE situations...
Share 49ersWebzone