There are 152 users in the forums

Most Fans Here Are Not Realistic ...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm sorry, but I can't believe the mindless optimism I have seen here over the past few years. And nothing showed that more than this week's poll, which had 87% of respondents predicting a victory over the Chiefs. With our complete meltdown in Seattle, and our 4 turnovers and bone-head plays against New Orleans, I couldn't believe so many people thought we would win at K.C. especially when we have a history of playing poorly at Arrowhead. K.C. has a sharp HC in Haley, and a DC, OC and GM from a Super Bowl winning dynasty. We have a kid owner with no experience in the NFL, and Dumb and Dumber as our HC and OC, along with no GM, so how in the world would you expect that we could win? Look how fast K.C. has turned it around with competent coaching. For as much as Coach Sing preaches discipline, this is one of the most undisciplined teams I have ever seen. Sing is so focused on being physical, that he has ignored the mental preparation for both players and coaches.

I was glad to hear that most people have stopped drinking the Coach Sing Koolaid after today's game. The guy is certainly passionate, but he has no clue how to manage a game, or run an offense. Jed York fell in love with Singletary based upon half a season of playing softball teams in 2008, and we missed out on a lot of top coaches by doing this. Looking back, are you still glad that Sing fired Mike Martz and replaced him with Raye? I love this team, and I think we do have a lot of talent, but we will never win again until we have four things:

1. An elite Head coach
2. An elite Quarterback
3. A creative offensive coordinator
4. A credible, experienced GM
Originally posted by 49erfanatic:
I'm sorry, but I can't believe the mindless optimism I have seen here over the past few years. And nothing showed that more than this week's poll, which had 87% of respondents predicting a victory over the Chiefs. With our complete meltdown in Seattle, and our 4 turnovers and bone-head plays against New Orleans, I couldn't believe so many people thought we would win at K.C. especially when we have a history of playing poorly at Arrowhead. K.C. has a sharp HC in Haley, and a DC, OC and GM from a Super Bowl winning dynasty. We have a kid owner with no experience in the NFL, and Dumb and Dumber as our HC and OC, along with no GM, so how in the world would you expect that we could win? Look how fast K.C. has turned it around with competent coaching. For as much as Coach Sing preaches discipline, this is one of the most undisciplined teams I have ever seen. Sing is so focused on being physical, that he has ignored the mental preparation for both players and coaches.

I was glad to hear that most people have stopped drinking the Coach Sing Koolaid after today's game. The guy is certainly passionate, but he has no clue how to manage a game, or run an offense. Jed York fell in love with Singletary based upon half a season of playing softball teams in 2008, and we missed out on a lot of top coaches by doing this. Looking back, are you still glad that Sing fired Mike Martz and replaced him with Raye? I love this team, and I think we do have a lot of talent, but we will never win again until we have four things:

1. An elite Head coach
2. An elite Quarterback

disagree

Brian Billick was a terible coach and he won a superbowl, and even his QB was Trent Dilfer
How dare we expect Alex Smith to throw TDs!
I'll agree with the first 3 points, but what exactly is Baalke supposed to do better during the time he's been GM?
Our organization is very dysfunctional. And until that is fixed we can't win.
i think everyone here had varying levels that they thought the niners would finish at this season but the common thread not only here but with most pundits out there was that with the talent the team has accumulated, it would atleast pan out to be more sucessful then it has been so far. Along those lines, I don't think that was unrealistic.

yeah, we need all those things you mentioned but given what we do have now, it wasn't unrealistic to feel it would amount to even the most moderate amount of sucsess. Even with the achilles heels most people could admit we have, you would think it would have still resulted into better performances on the field.
I picked us to start 0-5 and tried to warn them but noooo (if not 1-4). Nobody listens to NCommand! Kidding.
lets start a fund to clone Montana and Rice.
Originally posted by znk916:
I'll agree with the first 3 points, but what exactly is Baalke supposed to do better during the time he's been GM?

To my knowledge, Baalke is not our GM; he is VP of player personnel. This only part of a GM's typical responsibility. That's the problem, we don't have anyone who has the authority to be the architect for the tam, and make all the decisions. This "management by committee" is not working.

Singletary's fist big mistake was trying to follow in Nolan's footsteps. His second was firing Martz (I've covered this one a lot) and his third was hiring Raye. Any one of these would be enough to get fired though. Obviously, we can get into the semantics of when he actually became a coach but those are also well documented.
Originally posted by znk916:

To my knowledge, Baalke is not our GM; he is VP of player personnel. This only part of a GM's typical responsibility. That's the problem, we don't have anyone who has the authority to be the architect for the tam, and make all the decisions. This "management by committee" is not working.

The Yorks have established a fantastic model. Nobody with any clear authority. It's the way to win in the NFL.
I'm pretty sure I'm not unrealistic. This team is very capable of a good game like agains the Saints. The problem with today's game is that there was no defense. So it got us out of the 'run with Gore' game plan and the coaches don't have a clue how to do otherwise to counter. The more I think about it the more I hate this coaching staff.

1. An elite Head coach
2. An elite Quarterback

I think if you have 3 out of 4 of these you can still be a champion. Sadly we are 0/4
Originally posted by Leathaface:
How dare we expect Alex Smith to throw TDs!
Share 49ersWebzone