LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 424 users in the forums

Most Fans Here Are Not Realistic ...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by 602_JamestownAve:
Originally posted by dtmoney49er:
REALISTICALLY, we need to give Nate Davis or Troy Smith a shot. If it doesn't work then we can all RREALISTICALLY stop drinking the Nate Davis Kool-Aid ( including myself, cuz am sipping it right now). And Realistically and Permanently give the QB coach a Realistic shot at play-calling

This

By continuing to believe in Alex Smith, we are now 3-4 years behind schedule because we still have to find our QB for the future. You cant win with a QB who is content with swing passes to the running back and has no heart to go up field. Games like the one against the Saints are few and far for Smith.

The real Smith is the one we've seen for 80% of the time he's been here. Bad accuracy, no guts to challenge DB's down the field, in fact he'd rather throw a check down pass. Some of its play calling but the rest is his own lack of skills at the position.The Alexcuses didn't work for players of the past when Walsh or Seifert was here and they still don't work for 6 year vets still working on footwork. Donovan doesn't look so bad at this point after all now would he?

Yay let's swap out Smith for Smith.

Both can Run and gash the Opposing Defenses. No change.

Both can throw the ball to their Receivers. No change.

Oh but guess what? We're still looking for that ever elusive QB to magically make everything all better.

Will that make the Line better? No.

Will that make Morgan, Tree and Ginn better? No.

Will that open holes for Frank? No.

Will Dixon get on the field quicker? No.

Will that make the Raye's play calling better? No.

Will that stop our D from hemorrhaging yards? No.

So all we did was change one QB for another.

Did you not learn ANYTHING from the Hill experiment?

All the issues remained. Unfortunately Hill brought another issue with him and that was the inability to go deep.

Even Joe could go deep if you were not covering for long Passes. Hill could only throw deep MAYBE once a game and his farthest thrown Pass was 35 yards.

"~It came down like a Punt"

If we change the QB right now we're basically going to sh@tcan any confidence that his teammates have in Smith. Troy Smith doesn't bring ANY credibility with him if we make him QB1. And give me a freaking break, elevating Nate Davis from the Practice Squad isn't even feasible. We would have to IMMEDIATELY cut someone (Please cut Norris, PLEASE) and then bring Davis up and THEN we'd have FOUR QBs' who would be stuck with the same issues QB1 thru 3 face.

So really would you rather just suffer through the rest of Smith's career if that's how it works out, or would you make the change knowing ALL the issues?

One thing that was missing from the Offense today was Play Action. Not ONE play action Pass after the Flea Flicker. Not one.

No fake to Frank. No Reverses. Nothing. I did notice that plays really were not getting in on time either. Much of the game Alex had something like 8 seconds on the average to stand behind Center. No sense of urgency after that Flicker either.

~Ceadder

Wrong.

And Wrong.

Alex Smith cannot do those things.
REALISTICALLY, we need to give Nate Davis or Troy Smith a shot. If it doesn't work then we can all RREALISTICALLY stop drinking the Nate Davis Kool-Aid ( including myself, cuz am sipping it right now). And Realistically and Permanently give the QB coach a Realistic shot at play-calling

This

By continuing to believe in Alex Smith, we are now 3-4 years behind schedule because we still have to find our QB for the future. You cant win with a QB who is content with swing passes to the running back and has no heart to go up field. Games like the one against the Saints are few and far for Smith.

The real Smith is the one we've seen for 80% of the time he's been here. Bad accuracy, no guts to challenge DB's down the field, in fact he'd rather throw a check down pass. Some of its play calling but the rest is his own lack of skills at the position.The Alexcuses didn't work for players of the past when Walsh or Seifert was here and they still don't work for 6 year vets still working on footwork. Donovan doesn't look so bad at this point after all now would he?

Really?!?!?!?!?!?! Wow. The title thread bears truth!!!!!!

This

Oh but guess what? We're still looking for that ever elusive QB to magically make everything all better.

All the issues remained. Unfortunately Hill brought another issue with him and that was the inability to go deep.

Even Joe could go deep if you were not covering for long Passes. Hill could only throw deep MAYBE once a game and his farthest thrown Pass was 35 yards.

If we change the QB right now we're basically going to sh@tcan any confidence that his teammates have in Smith. Troy Smith doesn't bring ANY credibility with him if we make him QB1. And give me a freaking break, elevating Nate Davis from the Practice Squad isn't even feasible. We would have to IMMEDIATELY cut someone (Please cut Norris, PLEASE) and then bring Davis up and THEN we'd have FOUR QBs' who would be stuck with the same issues QB1 thru 3 face.

So really would you rather just suffer through the rest of Smith's career if that's how it works out, or would you make the change knowing ALL the issues?

One thing that was missing from the Offense today was Play Action. Not ONE play action Pass after the Flea Flicker. Not one.

No fake to Frank. No Reverses. Nothing. I did notice that plays really were not getting in on time either. Much of the game Alex had something like 8 seconds on the average to stand behind Center. No sense of urgency after that Flicker either.

~Ceadder

Ceadder,

You never cease to amaze us all. You are who your leader is. A shaky, inconsistent, bad mechanics having 6th year QB who still has no consistent skill set cant lead you as we've seen. You act as if we need the reincarnation of Joe or Unitas to capitalize on the talent we have here.

Your kind of like a bad parent who blames all the other kids for the reason why their kid is smoking weed and doing ecstasy. Poor Alex. No one is saying put Troy in because he's a better option. No one is saying Davis is the savior. But what we do know is that Alex isn't the answer because no QB worth his paycheck can be this inconsistent after 6 years.

We still can't comfortably say "At least we can expect Alex to do_____ to help us win." After 6 years??? He has proven nothing. Whats next? Are you gonna blame global warming for his failures next? You truly are an original Ceadder. The Zone wouldn't be the same without you bro.
Oh and FYI? This was a failure at the Line of Scrimmage today. We got owned on both sides of the ball IN THE F'N TRENCHES.

So while you're "calling it like you see it" then you must realize that NO Push on either side of the ball in the trenches = BIG FAT LOSS.

So while you're all running around like a chicken with your heads cut off trying to throw blame all over the field(predominately at Smith) there wasn't much anyone on both sides of the ball could do.

I think Raye needs to be replaced, but because I think that he lost this team on all facets. Whereas Smith hasn't. Morgan didn't have to catch that Pass. Gore never stopped fighting and the Line didn't stop either but they got handled and handled Lines fail.

While the Chiefs have more talent than people gave them credit for, they do have some cheap shot artists.

If anyone has the game on tape, the announcers did a montage review. I would like confirmation on the Kidney Punch that Staley sustained from a Chiefs DLineman. Staley was on the ground and that guy just hauled off and slugged him in the left Kidney or thereabouts.

Oh almost forgot, we were playing two teams today. One team wearing Red and White and the other wearing Black and White. There were so many "nocalls" in the Opposing Secondary it wasn't even funny. Flowers was guilty not once but TWICE in a row of PI. Both not called. But BOTH he got to the Receiver early and ran right into them.

OH WAIT BUT HE WAS LOOKING BACK AT THE QB, so it's not flaggable. There were more than a few instances where they held Vernon with no calls.

So while the Cheifs are talented they got away with a lot of shat. I pointed this out on Veetle and one of their simpleton fans acted like I wasn't giving them credit. Should I have? I mean really, if we had cheap shot artists on THIS team would we defend them when other fans say something? I won't. I'll stand up for the guys that didn't pull that monkeyshat, but I cannot be offended when people call our guys out on absolutely blatant shenanigans.

I see where this team went tidybowl. And it was at the Lines. Manusky should be ashamed of himself for allowing all those damned screens to eat us up. Really there was ZERO adjustment on his side of the ball for it. Instead of sending in Blitzers willy nilly, he should have kept the ILBs' on a leash and sent Willis through the middle like he did last Monday Nite. Instead we all but allowed that shat to continue. That cannot happen this coming week but I fear that it will anyway.

I hope we do not have Chilo Start another away game. He cannot help Davis. HHeitmann when he returns can. Snyder maybe can. Chilo is still too green to help the poor guy. It resulted in a lot of whiffs on the youngster.

And if it's true that LE Smith was intentionally grabbing Davis' privates, that dude needs to be run out of the league on a rail. He seriously needs a beating on national TV for that crap if it's true. I hope he gets one.

~Ceadder

I think it's hilarious that the Alexcusers main excuse was no OC continuity yet now they all call for Raye to be fired.

This

~Ceadder

Ceadder,

You never cease to amaze us all. You are who your leader is. A shaky, inconsistent, bad mechanics having 6th year QB who still has no consistent skill set cant lead you as we've seen. You act as if we need the reincarnation of Joe or Unitas to capitalize on the talent we have here.

Your kind of like a bad parent who blames all the other kids for the reason why their kid is smoking weed and doing ecstasy. Poor Alex. No one is saying put Troy in because he's a better option. No one is saying Davis is the savior. But what we do know is that Alex isn't the answer because no QB worth his paycheck can be this inconsistent after 6 years.

We still can't comfortably say "At least we can expect Alex to do_____ to help us win." After 6 years??? He has proven nothing. Whats next? Are you gonna blame global warming for his failures next? You truly are an original Ceadder. The Zone wouldn't be the same without you bro.

My theory is that Ceadder is either Alex Smith's...

A) mother
B) agent
C) he IS Alex Smith
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

This

Yeah really. Apparently you still believe in #11. Sir Swing Pass appreciates your support I am sure.

This

Yeah really. Apparently you still believe in #11. Sir Swing Pass appreciates your support I am sure.

So what you are saying is put in Troy Smith, who has been here for 3 weeks lol, or even better, put in Nate Davis who cant tell between a waffle or a pancake (hint: there is a BIG reason why every single team passed on him when we released him). Again perfect title thread.

This

So what you are saying is put in Troy Smith, who has been here for 3 weeks lol, or even better, put in Nate Davis who cant tell between a waffle or a pancake (hint: there is a BIG reason why every single team passed on him when we released him). Again perfect title thread.

Look in my last post before this to Ceadder. No one is looking at Troy or Davis as savior. But if the experiment is not working with Smith, why keep it going? Smith is heartless and has no future here. Its Singletary's fault for not noticing this soon enough to make the necessary adjustments and personnel moves. And why are we talking about Troy and Nate when Carr cant do no worse than Alexandra. At least he'll throw down field. Troy, Nate and Carr may not be the long term answer, but I definitely know Smith isn't the long term or short term fix.

This

Look in my last post before this to Ceadder. No one is looking at Troy or Davis as savior. But if the experiment is not working with Smith, why keep it going? Smith is heartless and has no future here. Its Singletary's fault for not noticing this soon enough to make the necessary adjustments and personnel moves. And why are we talking about Troy and Nate when Carr cant do no worse than Alexandra. At least he'll throw down field. Troy, Nate and Carr may not be the long term answer, but I definitely know Smith isn't the long term or short term fix.

All is not lost, Smith gives us the best chance to win unfortunatley. Even if we fall to 0-5, we can still win this division which is sheer comedy into itself. We are in the NFC West, the worst division ever. Its gonna have to come down to playcalling....we cant keep relying on this philosophy:

This

All is not lost, Smith gives us the best chance to win unfortunatley. Even if we fall to 0-5, we can still win this division which is sheer comedy into itself. We are in the NFC West, the worst division ever. Its gonna have to come down to playcalling....we cant keep relying on this philosophy:

I agree. Jimmy Raye's Tecmo Bowl/John Elway Nintendo football circa 1988 philosophy is also not the answer to a quick turnaround. Singletary can quickly gain some of his haters back if he makes the move of making Mike Johnson the new OC and getting Raye out of that spot and in a lesser role and letting him walk at seasons end.

This

I agree. Jimmy Raye's Tecmo Bowl/John Elway Nintendo football circa 1988 philosophy is also not the answer to a quick turnaround. Singletary can quickly gain some of his haters back if he makes the move of making Mike Johnson the new OC and getting Raye out of that spot and in a lesser role and letting him walk at seasons end.

i hope singletary makes all the wrong moves from here on out...i want his ass fired ASAP
The title is putting it mildly. Most fans here are simply delusional. To be more specific, they are delusional between the months of January and August. Usually by October everybody gets a lot smarter(with the exception of a few stubborn cases). Then in January the koolaid will begin flowing again.
I wouldn't mind bringing in Bill Parcells. He's is currently having a falling out in Miami and could be brought into Santa Clara as the football czar.

Doubt the Yorks would make this move since they would like Jed to takeover operations.
Share 49ersWebzone