There are 366 users in the forums

Rate Alex Smith's performance against the Saints

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Rate Alex Smith's performance against the Saints

I will give him an A- because at least one of those interceptions were bs and the other one was just bad luck. Other than that he threw the ball with accuracy and lead receivers with his throws. That is BIG because I have always criticized him for throwing balls behind his receiver. This rather redundant but he did come through when he needed to. It really did not surprise me when he came back at the end. He did it before in 2007 against the Cards on MNF. Without the Turnovers he has his best game of his 6-year career in my mind.
I gave him a B. That poorly thrown ball to Gore was quite costly and inexcusable. That is the second week in a row where he was way off target on a very short route. It seems obvious at this point in his career that he struggles with the short throws, and hopefully he can get that problem fixed.
I will give him a B-

At the end of the day picks are picks. And aside from the picks, he made a few catches harder than they needed to be for the receiver.

That could have been the best game of his career in terms of clutch running the ball.

[ Edited by danimal on Sep 21, 2010 at 08:12:08 ]
Originally posted by Kilgore_Trout:
I gave him a B. That poorly thrown ball to Gore was quite costly and inexcusable. That is the second week in a row where he was way off target on a very short route. It seems obvious at this point in his career that he struggles with the short throws, and hopefully he can get that problem fixed.

Yea hopefully he will. ESPN said the wind had something to do with it. But i am not buying that one bit. He was presured but it was still just a little short pass. I really think he is trying to hard on those short throws. Hopefully he gets it fixed.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran

You wrote everything I was gonna.
D , we will see how all of you hang on his nuts when we play KC and plays like he played like seattle game and the D won't bail his ass out !
he finally remembered how to use his legs!!!!! i felt like i was seeing a young forrest gump learning to scramble for the first time..........but ill give him an A especially for his last drive.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

that pass was a mistake but hardly "inexcusable". it's happened to all nfl qb's. and who knows how much the wind affected that ball too. not trying make excuses, jus' sayin'

Both INTs' were tipped by Defenders.

Therefore I gave him an A since NOTHING rattled him. He had guys in his Backfield a couple of times and he either stepped up and delivered or he got yards on his feet,threw the ball away or found the checkdown. All things that he was severely criticized for not doing.

~Ceadder
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
D , we will see how all of you hang on his nuts when we play KC and plays like he played like seattle game and the D won't bail his ass out !

Wut?

Alex Smith was incredible. He drove the field nearly every time he touched the ball. The O-line was great (after the Baas botched snap), Frank was great, VD and Crabs made big plays, and even Jimmy Raye called an excellent game. If we dont turn it over 4 times, we win the game in a rout.

Unfortunately, Delaine coughed it up in the redzone, Alex had 2 passed tipped for INTs, and Adams muffed a punt. Cant win being minus 4 in the turnover department.

Alex is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

Originally posted by boast:

Post of the year.

I see that dog making a lot of cameos until the end of the season!
Here is my problem when these grading polls come out. If some many people give Alex an A for week 2.

What would you give these guys....

Schaub, Cutler, Rivers, Sanchez, McNabb, Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, Orton, Vick, Ryan, Romo and YES...Shaun Hill
?????

By many of your standards, you should be giving nearly 50% of the QB's an A every week.

That doesn't seem like you are being critical enough.

But of course this is Homerism, I am sure many of you will find many many faults in the guys above listed game 2 performances

[ Edited by danimal on Sep 21, 2010 at 08:35:43 ]
his best performance by a mile. to lead a late drive in the 4th qurter with no time outs to bring us back. but it was too good. they scored so quick left to much time for the Saints.
Share 49ersWebzone