LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 129 users in the forums

This was not just another loss.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Antix:
This improvement from game 1 to 2 was substantial. If we can not turn the ball over we will be fine.

KC will be a big test cuz historically the Niners dont do well in Arrowhead and it's prob louder than Seattle.

A lot of the "improvement" could be attributed to playing at home, and the wind conditions playing no small part in hampering the Saints offense.

We'll see how they perform at KC (always hard to play there) and in Atlanta. Both games will be tough.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
Big picture, it is another loss. It confirms what many of us already suspected, that we have the horses to compete with playoff and Super Bowl caliber teams, but to join the club we have to minimze the mistakes. New Orleans is not a more talented team than the Niners, they simply had zero turnovers and made a clutch drive when they had to. At this point I would give up the splashy Monday Night win for about 9-10 workmanlike victories. Once we're in, we could beat anybody, provided we play smart and protect the ball. We also need early leads. If we'd just jump to a 10 point lead on anyone, I think I defense can smother our opponent. Too many times we're trying to mount the second half dramatic comeback.

Yes, this is the oft-heard mantra from fans of perennial losers. IF we did this or didn't do that, we would have won! We outplayed them! No one cares. Only wins matter. EVERY horrid team has games that they could have won against better teams but didn't. That is why they suck. They find ways to lose. Just like the Niners. We should have beaten Minnesota last year too. So what? You could look at the Rams last year and I bet there are games they felt the "shoulda" won. This is the talk of losers, my friend. Let's be winners and not accept losing.
Whenever the opponent is kicking off or punting to us maybe the niners should keep everyone on the bench..............how can special teams still be such a mess
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Smokie:
Big picture, it is another loss. It confirms what many of us already suspected, that we have the horses to compete with playoff and Super Bowl caliber teams, but to join the club we have to minimze the mistakes. New Orleans is not a more talented team than the Niners, they simply had zero turnovers and made a clutch drive when they had to. At this point I would give up the splashy Monday Night win for about 9-10 workmanlike victories. Once we're in, we could beat anybody, provided we play smart and protect the ball. We also need early leads. If we'd just jump to a 10 point lead on anyone, I think I defense can smother our opponent. Too many times we're trying to mount the second half dramatic comeback.

Yes, this is the oft-heard mantra from fans of perennial losers. IF we did this or didn't do that, we would have won! We outplayed them! No one cares. Only wins matter. EVERY horrid team has games that they could have won against better teams but didn't. That is why they suck. They find ways to lose. Just like the Niners. We should have beaten Minnesota last year too. So what? You could look at the Rams last year and I bet there are games they felt the "shoulda" won. This is the talk of losers, my friend. Let's be winners and not accept losing.

Agree. That's why I didn't particularly care for Gore's take on the game. We lost, but we beat them up and "outplayed" them. Yeah, wtfever, dude. You lost. That's all that counts. When you start accepting losses like that, you become a perennial losers.

In order to get to the next level, the Niners need to develop an expectation of winning, and accepting nothing less.
Hurts even more when it was the night that the 9ers retired Rices number. Former owners were there to see the game, former 9er greats were there to see the game with their families. Everyone that has meant something to the 9ers in a small or very big way in the past were there to watch us play.

And we give them a safety.

Im sure Montana, Young and Rice would have been all sitting there thinking they could still strap up the boot laces and throw in a TD pass or two on one or two series.

It just hurts that the greats were there.

[ Edited by ace49ers on Sep 21, 2010 at 17:02:54 ]
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by Smokie:

Agree. That's why I didn't particularly care for Gore's take on the game. We lost, but we beat them up and "outplayed" them. Yeah, wtfever, dude. You lost. That's all that counts. When you start accepting losses like that, you become a perennial losers.

In order to get to the next level, the Niners need to develop an expectation of winning, and accepting nothing less.

I love Gore, but he is not exactly a genius. He is all heart and will. I kind of want him to say crap like that. But the fans need to demand wins. Instead they keep filling up the Yorks' bank account. Win or get the hell out, Yorks. This is not the youth league. "Moral victory" is a synonym for "loss". We are co-dependents to the Niners and Warriors, and partly responsibel for their consistent crappiness.
Originally posted by highway49:
Originally posted by mayo63:
We're a good team, just cut out the turnovers and this division is ours. Once we get in the playoffs anything can happen. This team will continue to get better the more games they play together. Very optimistic for the season.

Totally Agree....They just need to play like last night all season.

minus the turnovers
Originally posted by NJNiner:
IMO it's too early to panic. No we did not get the win but there is no denying that this 49er team can hang with the best. We are going to be just fine.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
moral victory. guaranteed. we took it to the world champs and almost won, even with 4 turnovers.

oh man.. we had almost won but i am so sick that even with four turnovers.. oh man.. there is happen! that is make me pain and sad! So.. I'm glad to see the 49ers are doin good job better than last year!
Share 49ersWebzone