LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 226 users in the forums

This was not just another loss.....

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MannyFresh:
This Game should of went to Over Time... The Saints committed a Penalty with 3 Seconds on the Clock. If my memory serves me correctly, when ever the offense commits a penalty with under two minutes to play in the game It is an Automatic 10 Sec. run Off. therefore game should of been over and went to O.T.

Is that right? I didn't catch that.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by MannyFresh:
This Game should of went to Over Time... The Saints committed a Penalty with 3 Seconds on the Clock. If my memory serves me correctly, when ever the offense commits a penalty with under two minutes to play in the game It is an Automatic 10 Sec. run Off. therefore game should of been over and went to O.T.

no. the play came after a TO so the clock was stopped. that rule only applies when the clock is running.

Thanks for Clearing that up.
Originally posted by mayo63:
We're a good team, just cut out the turnovers and this division is ours. Once we get in the playoffs anything can happen. This team will continue to get better the more games they play together. Very optimistic for the season.

Totally Agree....They just need to play like last night all season.
need to learn to play a complete game. Last week, started strong, then it went down hill. This week, started off like s**t, then turned it up.
Originally posted by highway49:
We're a good team, just cut out the turnovers and this division is ours. Once we get in the playoffs anything can happen. This team will continue to get better the more games they play together. Very optimistic for the season.

we are 0-2 winless team how are we a good team , you just saw a good team in the Saints make the most of their fourtune and win the game ! No Moral victory here !
They had this game in their grasp the whole night but just made mistake after mistake. They had a very good defensive plan for this game. And Patrick Willis...wow he just keeps making sensational plays.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by highway49:

we are 0-2 winless team how are we a good team , you just saw a good team in the Saints make the most of their fourtune and win the game ! No Moral victory here !

Yep. They pretty much went and played mistake free football. We did not, and that was the difference. Bottom line, win or lose, you gotta play mistake free football.
the saints do not make mistakes. We made a s**t ton.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yes, that is what makes them a great team. They do not make mistakes, and they do that consistently, week in and week out.

I find, the most concerning thing for our team right now is the TO ratio. We are turning it over and at the same time we are not generating TO's. You gotta have a good TO ratio if you are going to be consistent.
Originally posted by Pick6:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
shoulda, woulda, coulda, didn't.

This Win would have been great, but that doesn't mean that this loss has the opposite effect... there are a ton of positives to take from this and I think the team will build on it and I really think despite the fact that it was a loss this game was a turning point for this team and some key players and coaches.

Sometimes the other team beats you and sometimes you beat yourself.

We clearly beat the saints... and then beat ourselves.

There are a ton of IF's in this game, but the bottom line is the 9ers are a good football team... who can be a LOT better. There are SIX 0-2 teams (including the Cowboys and Vikings) in the NFC and ONLY four 2-0 teams (including the Buccaneers and Bears) So there is plenty of opportunity. 0-2 is not as bad as it COULD be, especially in the NFC West.

I feel really good about this team and what can still happen this year.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. When winning is the reality, then come tell me we're better than the saints. We still made the same mistakes, and hanging with a good team for one game means absolutely nothing as we've seen over the last decade. Like I said in another thread: It's the same s**t, but with different packaging.

this is just like last years loss to Minnesota. An awesome game plan defensively, great execution offensively, but poor time management at the end and a heartbreaking loss.
Originally posted by darkknight49:
this is just like last years loss to Minnesota. An awesome game plan defensively, great execution offensively, but poor time management at the end and a heartbreaking loss.

so which hurt more:
last second farve miracle when our expectations weren't as high last year

or

knowin we coulda beat champs but shot ourselves on this year's more talented team?
Originally posted by Blitz:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Yes, that is what makes them a great team. They do not make mistakes, and they do that consistently, week in and week out.

I find, the most concerning thing for our team right now is the TO ratio. We are turning it over and at the same time we are not generating TO's. You gotta have a good TO ratio if you are going to be consistent.

Exactly what I posted in another thread. Very strange for this team to turn over the ball as much as we have already. What happened to "we are not a charity?"
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Where are people getting this stuff about us executing/playing ell offensively last year against the Vikings? I seem to remember this board being enraged at the offensive performance after that game. How soon we forget.
Big picture, it is another loss. It confirms what many of us already suspected, that we have the horses to compete with playoff and Super Bowl caliber teams, but to join the club we have to minimze the mistakes. New Orleans is not a more talented team than the Niners, they simply had zero turnovers and made a clutch drive when they had to. At this point I would give up the splashy Monday Night win for about 9-10 workmanlike victories. Once we're in, we could beat anybody, provided we play smart and protect the ball. We also need early leads. If we'd just jump to a 10 point lead on anyone, I think I defense can smother our opponent. Too many times we're trying to mount the second half dramatic comeback.
Share 49ersWebzone