LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by rxrunner:
i see nothing wrong with that.

You don't see anything wrong with losing your professionalism, with disrespecting someone on live Television?
Originally posted by alexsmith:

You don't see anything wrong with losing your professionalism, with disrespecting someone on live Television?

no i dont. as long as he starts to win games i can care less about how he acts in the media.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Sings big mistake IMO is responding so much in detail and getting so emotional over this article. It only makes things worse. His response should have been very calm, cool, and short, something like:

"I don't respond to media reports. There is no validity to that report whatsoever, that's all I want to say about it. Now does anyone have questions about our game on Monday night? Because that is where my focus is right now."
  • kray28
  • Veteran
The end is near for Mike Singletary.

The lack of professionalism in that interview is flatout embarrassing, for Mike Singletary and for the organization as a whole.
  • kray28
  • Veteran

no i dont. as long as he starts to win games i can care less about how he acts in the media.

The problem with this idea is that he isn't winning games, and I don't think he's going to start anytime soon either.

Doesn't even matter if he was, he embarrassed the 49er organization with that interview.

I could understand if it was a response to something out of line, but the interviewer was just asking him to comment on an article.

If Singletary wanted to "no comment"....he could have just said it in a civil manner.
Ive seen and heard alot worse then this from other coaches.

But He's not winning and he hasn't proven to be successful yet... And it's always so much better to deal with people with class and respect regardless if your successful or not. Wouldn't you agree?
Originally posted by Shaj:
Sings big mistake IMO is responding so much in detail and getting so emotional over this article. It only makes things worse. His response should have been very calm, cool, and short, something like:

"I don't respond to media reports. There is no validity to that report whatsoever, that's all I want to say about it. Now does anyone have questions about our game on Monday night? Because that is where my focus is right now."

Could not agree anymore. You should be his PR coach!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Ive seen and heard alot worse then this from other coaches.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for "They are who we thought they were"

jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

Originally posted by oreck16:

jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

But He's not winning and he hasn't proven to be successful yet... And it's always so much better to deal with people with class and respect regardless if your successful or not. Wouldn't you agree?

nor is he losing, his career record right now is 13-13. its only the first game of the season, lets see how the season pans out.
I can careless how he acts to the media. Its the media.

If you want to bash Sing bash him on the losing, playcalling, clock management, etc... stop being whiney little girly boys and stop complain about every little thing.

• kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by miked1978:
I can careless how he acts to the media. Its the media.

If you want to bash Sing bash him on the losing, playcalling, clock management, etc... stop being whiney little girly boys and stop complain about every little thing.

He's the public face of the Niners....he embarrasses us all (organization, fans, himself) when he acts like a buffoon.

As pointed out earlier, if he really wanted to make it go away, he could have just played it cool and dismissed it.

Instead, he made it into a huge issue that will now not go away.

He's just proving on so many levels that he is not capable of handling the pressures of this job.
Share 49ersWebzone