There are 191 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by oreck16:

jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

I should be proud of this fierce confidence instilled by our coach but dude what credibility does he have at this point?! We're playing the SUPERBOWL champions with arguably one of the most potent pass-offenses ever! Wats up with coach?!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Sing is really blowing it, you can't let the media get to you like this. He needs to be more professional.

I'm really starting to think that Sing is not head coach material.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I can careless how he acts to the media. Its the media.

If you want to bash Sing bash him on the losing, playcalling, clock management, etc... stop being whiney little girly boys and stop complain about every little thing.

Treat people with respect and it will come back to you. Treat people with disrespect and that will come back to you as well.

No matter how tough it get's - he needs to stay professional!
I don't have a problem with anything he said. I can see why he's irritated about the Raye stuff. The reporter pretty says how dumb the report is at the start and then proceeds to ask if there's validity to it. If it's a garbage report Singletary shouldn't waste his time on it.
Originally posted by susweel:
Sing is really blowing it, you can't let the media get to you like this. He needs to be more professional.

Remember Lowell Cohn was getting to him last year? Seems like Singletary is imploding the way his team did on Sunday
  • evil
  • Veteran
Only the webzone. Classic overreactions when things go bad. We could have hired Shanny, Walrus, or any coach any of you guys wanted. After last Monday and you'd still rip the guy after the team performed like they did.

The overwhelming support and cries to let Sing be the next HC was unbelievable and how quickly you all turn your backs on him and cry for him to be s**tcanned now.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by teeohh:

Remember Lowell Cohn was getting to him last year? Seems like Singletary is imploding the way his team did on Sunday

It looks like we have another false prophet in the building.
I really hope we win this game after what Sing said man... He really said a mouthful but hey, if we get humiliated again, I'd hate to be in that locker room after the game to hear this guy erupt. It might be confidence, or some bull, either way, Go Niners and let's finally get some s*** started. It's been too long.
didnt we use to be the classiest organization in the league

at least now I dont have to go to the circus when I can just watch the 49ers instead
Originally posted by teeohh:

It looks like we have another false prophet in the building.

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, you can't get fooled again

got no problem with the way singletary did that interview
  • bret
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by miked1978:
I can careless how he acts to the media. Its the media.

If you want to bash Sing bash him on the losing, playcalling, clock management, etc... stop being whiney little girly boys and stop complain about every little thing.

He's the public face of the Niners....he embarrasses us all (organization, fans, himself) when he acts like a buffoon.

As pointed out earlier, if he really wanted to make it go away, he could have just played it cool and dismissed it.

Instead, he made it into a huge issue that will now not go away.

He's just proving on so many levels that he is not capable of handling the pressures of this job.

The correct way for Sing to have responded would have been to say this:

"Look, the article says a group of players came to me over the summer with complaints about Jimmy Raye. I know from personal experience that this is not true. So why should I believe anything else in this article? It's based on "'unnamed' sources.

"And I trust that my players are grown men with whom I have enough of a bond that they would feel comfortable bringing issues like this to me if they had them. And if they do, I will respond. But we keep that behind closed doors."

Then he could have met any other questions with "no further comment".

What he did instead, was to legitimize the story, make it bigger, and make himself and the organization look unprofessional.

Just embarrassing!
Originally posted by tjd808185:
I don't have a problem with anything he said. I can see why he's irritated about the Raye stuff. The reporter pretty says how dumb the report is at the start and then proceeds to ask if there's validity to it. If it's a garbage report Singletary shouldn't waste his time on it.

i agree with you, like i said before, i dont see anything wrong with that. as long as he starts winning i dont care how he acts
It is an interesting contradiction with Singletary...

He is respected as a motivational leader. However, in my life experience the most admired leaders lead from a position of calm confidence. I think his leadership skills may be a little overhyped in the media. Because if you lead by emotion, then your leadership will be up & down as your emotions change. A good leader must show a consistent front to those he would have follow him.
GOOD! I LIKE IT! LETS KICK SOME ASS!!!
Share 49ersWebzone