There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

On NFL live, folks were joking about "smell the rat" stmt and whatnot. Jim Rome espn show same thing.
Please, it's time to win some games. Just too much talk, this is not the thing we wanted this season, not after years of sub par performance.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
On NFL live, folks were joking about "smell the rat" stmt and whatnot. Jim Rome espn show same thing.
Please, it's time to win some games. Just too much talk, this is not the thing we wanted this season, not after years of sub par performance.

Be thankful we are entertaining in some form

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Be thankful we are entertaining in some form

Singletary is becoming a joke around the NFL
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by oreck16:
jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

I should be proud of this fierce confidence instilled by our coach but dude what credibility does he have at this point?! We're playing the SUPERBOWL champions with arguably one of the most potent pass-offenses ever! Wats up with coach?!

After watching that video, I predict that if the Niners go 0-4 Sing will no longer be the head coach. He will either resign or be fired for completely making an ass of himself in front of the media.

Message to Sing: You are a fricken coach. Part of being a coach is communicating with the fans on behalf of the team. The fans want to know. You dont want to answer tough questions? Dont play like s**t! You can't be a movie star without the paparazzi. It comes with the territory. Get over it.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 17, 2010 at 13:41:17 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by cNiner:

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

I should be proud of this fierce confidence instilled by our coach but dude what credibility does he have at this point?! We're playing the SUPERBOWL champions with arguably one of the most potent pass-offenses ever! Wats up with coach?!

After watching that video, I predict that if the Niners go 0-4 Sing will no longer be the head coach. He will either resign or be fired for completely making an ass of himself in front of the media.

Message to Sing: You are a fricken coach. Part of being a coach is communicating with the fans on behalf of the team. The fans want to know. You dont want to answer tough questions? Dont play like s**t! You can't be a movie star without the paparazzi. It comes with the territory. Get over it.

Ugh I hope so.
I'm still so amused that Singletary cannot come up with anything more intelligent than "WE WILL STOP DREW BREES" rah rah....

Here's to you coach, hope you won't have to eat it.
Singletary has put the press and the pressure on himself.

Singletary's real talk. Players either rally against everyone and their momma trying to dig a hole for Sing or they help dig that hole.

It may only be 1 game but every season has that 1 game where chemistry, personality, and heart turns the season for the positive or sends it crashing down to hopelessness.

It was against the Rams settling for a FG 3 years ago.
It was the Vikings game last year
It could possibly be this Saints' game for us

Anyone have this same feeling as this week will set the tone of how this team functions?

People don't perform their best when things are easy, they perform their best when the pressure is on the line or they see a faint light that ends the life of their job. Some players turn up that boost on the sight of a contract or the sight of a possible young replacement.

Singletary has clearly shown what's at stake for these players and his staff.

Do they let him get buried or do they reach for perfection and focus in on the goal?

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 17, 2010 at 14:09:55 ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

Singletary's real talk. Players either rally against everyone and their momma trying to dig a hole for Sing or they help dig that hole.

It may only be 1 game but every season has that 1 game where chemistry, personality, and heart turns the season for the positive or sends it crashing down to hopelessness.

Anyone have this same feeling as this week will set the tone of how this team functions?

People don't perform their best when things are easy, they perform their best when the pressure is on the line or they see a faint light that ends the life of their job. Some players turn up that boost on the sight of a contract or the sight of a possible young replacement.

Do they let him get buried or do they reach for perfection and focus in on the goal?

No need to question man. Singletary already said they WILL stop Brees, so everyone should feel better!
Originally posted by verb1der:

No need to question man. Singletary already said they WILL stop Brees, so everyone should feel better!
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by verb1der:

What a picture.

confident much?

WOW! I just lost a little bit more of the respect I had for Sing. He is derailing and doing it fast! I can understand him being pissed, but be a f**king professional for Gods sake! You aren't a football player imposing your will on the field every Sunday anymore coach. You are leading a group of men and are supposed to keep your top on under these situations.

I remember last year when he would go on his tantrums and would try to get the guys to even huddle up and remember many of them walking off and ignoring him on National television! Keep this s**t up and you will lose the player's trust, the fan base and next will be his job!
YAY ANOTHER SINGLETARY THREAD

Were you expecting another Alex thread?
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:
YAY ANOTHER SINGLETARY THREAD

Were you expecting another Alex thread?

that was posted in another sing thread that was merged into this one
I hate these HUGE merged threads!
Originally posted by Norcal9erfan:

confident much?

WOW! I just lost a little bit more of the respect I had for Sing. He is derailing and doing it fast! I can understand him being pissed, but be a f**king professional for Gods sake! You aren't a football player imposing your will on the field every Sunday anymore coach. You are leading a group of men and are supposed to keep your top on under these situations.

I remember last year when he would go on his tantrums and would try to get the guys to even huddle up and remember many of them walking off and ignoring him on National television! Keep this s**t up and you will lose the player's trust, the fan base and next will be his job!

Damn Sing. We will not try to have a meltdown in public, we will have a meltdown in public. There is a lot that I have liked about Singletary but this does not make me feel real optimisitc about the mental state of this team. It is going to be really interesting to see how they come out and play Monday night.