LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

Coach Singletary Thread (General Topics)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
YAY ANOTHER SINGLETARY THREAD
That's just Singletary being Singletary. It's how he talks to the media. They will probably make another Coors Light commercial out of it or something...
Originally posted by dobo:
I don't think Mike Singletary is qualified to be a head coach, at least with s**tty assistants and coordinators like Jimmy Raye. If Singletary could be a figurehead and nothing more, then that would be fine.

But only a qualified front office/gm could build a strong staff around singletary. Niners don't have one of those. They don't even have a GM.
Originally posted by lamontb:
I don't think Mike Singletary is qualified to be a head coach, at least with s**tty assistants and coordinators like Jimmy Raye. If Singletary could be a figurehead and nothing more, then that would be fine.

But only a qualified front office/gm could build a strong staff around singletary. Niners don't have one of those. They don't even have a GM.

A pretty fantastic organization. It took the Yorks how many years to come up with this organizational structure and these coaches?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I just can't imagine what's going to happen next week if we lay another egg.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

A pretty fantastic organization. It took the Yorks how many years to come up with this organizational structure and these coaches?

the ownership is proud of our track record, we are the only franchise with a long term plan and have the determination to stay the course.
Originally posted by jed_york:

the ownership is proud of our track record, we are the only franchise with a long term plan and have the determination to stay the course.

So we are staying the course on the original Nolan plan?...
Originally posted by jed_york:

Pretty sure the Colts have a long term plan (and are well into that plan). There are several others too. Having a long term plan is great, as long as it's a good long term plan.
On NFL live, folks were joking about "smell the rat" stmt and whatnot. Jim Rome espn show same thing.
Please, it's time to win some games. Just too much talk, this is not the thing we wanted this season, not after years of sub par performance.
Originally posted by 49ersking:
On NFL live, folks were joking about "smell the rat" stmt and whatnot. Jim Rome espn show same thing.
Please, it's time to win some games. Just too much talk, this is not the thing we wanted this season, not after years of sub par performance.

Be thankful we are entertaining in some form

Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by 49ersking:

Be thankful we are entertaining in some form

Singletary is becoming a joke around the NFL
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by oreck16:

jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

I should be proud of this fierce confidence instilled by our coach but dude what credibility does he have at this point?! We're playing the SUPERBOWL champions with arguably one of the most potent pass-offenses ever! Wats up with coach?!

After watching that video, I predict that if the Niners go 0-4 Sing will no longer be the head coach. He will either resign or be fired for completely making an ass of himself in front of the media.

Message to Sing: You are a fricken coach. Part of being a coach is communicating with the fans on behalf of the team. The fans want to know. You dont want to answer tough questions? Dont play like s**t! You can't be a movie star without the paparazzi. It comes with the territory. Get over it.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 17, 2010 at 13:41:17 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Originally posted by oreck16:

jesus christ, this clown is our coach?

what a joke. they were all legitimate questions the public wants answers to.

"WE WILL STOP DREW BREES."

confident much?

the dude could't help but laugh @ sings reaction ! he got under his skin ! LOL

I should be proud of this fierce confidence instilled by our coach but dude what credibility does he have at this point?! We're playing the SUPERBOWL champions with arguably one of the most potent pass-offenses ever! Wats up with coach?!

After watching that video, I predict that if the Niners go 0-4 Sing will no longer be the head coach. He will either resign or be fired for completely making an ass of himself in front of the media.

Message to Sing: You are a fricken coach. Part of being a coach is communicating with the fans on behalf of the team. The fans want to know. You dont want to answer tough questions? Dont play like s**t! You can't be a movie star without the paparazzi. It comes with the territory. Get over it.

Ugh I hope so.
I'm still so amused that Singletary cannot come up with anything more intelligent than "WE WILL STOP DREW BREES" rah rah....

Here's to you coach, hope you won't have to eat it.
Singletary has put the press and the pressure on himself.

Singletary's real talk. Players either rally against everyone and their momma trying to dig a hole for Sing or they help dig that hole.

It may only be 1 game but every season has that 1 game where chemistry, personality, and heart turns the season for the positive or sends it crashing down to hopelessness.

It was against the Rams settling for a FG 3 years ago.
It was the Vikings game last year
It could possibly be this Saints' game for us

Anyone have this same feeling as this week will set the tone of how this team functions?

People don't perform their best when things are easy, they perform their best when the pressure is on the line or they see a faint light that ends the life of their job. Some players turn up that boost on the sight of a contract or the sight of a possible young replacement.

Singletary has clearly shown what's at stake for these players and his staff.

Do they let him get buried or do they reach for perfection and focus in on the goal?

[ Edited by Joecool on Sep 17, 2010 at 14:09:55 ]
Share 49ersWebzone