LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

ITS TWO GAMES!!!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Yes it's one game. 1 out of 16. 1 that we lost to a team that is expected to be a bottom dweller this year. 1 game in which this bottom dweller team kicked our ass.

So, where you're right about it being only 1 game, it's 1 game that highlights some pretty disturbing facts about our team...

Disturbing facts? You mean Alex Smith will always be an average QB? Mike Singletary cant properly prepare this team for any given opponent? Jimmy Raye takes forever to call a WTF play? Nate Clements makes and breaks us? Timeouts? O-line? Adjustments? Sounds like deja-vu all over again. We are a team that has got to work hard to win, and we approached this season like we are a playoff team that we are definately not. We are in no position to take any game lightly. Well we did. With the holes we still have, we were exposed again big time. Pete Carroll outcoached us (which isnt hard to do)with a little help from some ex-niners, and showed us who we really are, and what we're not. This game is only one game, we have 15 more. If we remember how its done we can still beat New Orleans, and forget all this and trash the Hawks next time over here. Work hard, play hard, we can win. Lets do this.
  • hb123
  • Veteran
this is all out of emotion, but f"k!! im tired.. tired of smith, tired of loosing, tired tired tired!!

[ Edited by hb123 on Sep 12, 2010 at 21:01:07 ]
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It's not the fact that we lost. I knew it would be rough, as playing in SEA always is. However, it is how the played and how they lost is what makes it truly irritating. Knowing that we have to deal with Smith as he likely leads us to an 0-4 start before they bench him is what is most troubling...

This pretty much sums up how I feel. IMO, the O looked like they started to give up on Smith when he totally missed a wide open Norris for the TD.
There is no more allowances for platitudes and excuses. This team was supposed to dominate a rebuilding team on the road in a hostile environment. They had plenty of opportunities in the first quarter to put this game away and they didn't come through.....PERIOD. This game stunk from the coaching staff all the way down to the last person on the field. Don't give me any more of this one game crap.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
It's not the fact that we lost. I knew it would be rough, as playing in SEA always is. However, it is how the played and how they lost is what makes it truly irritating. Knowing that we have to deal with Smith as he likely leads us to an 0-4 start before they bench him is what is most troubling...

This pretty much sums up how I feel. IMO, the O looked like they started to give up on Smith when he totally missed a wide open Norris for the TD.

And why does it look as if Smith isn't playing with a sense of urgency. Sure they were down by 25 points, but with him being the so-called leader, he should've at least still looked like he was trying to be competitive.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

And why does it look as if Smith isn't playing with a sense of urgency. Sure they were down by 25 points, but with him being the so-called leader, he should've at least still looked like he was trying to be competitive.

Where's the pride. When I played, I was pissed if we didn't score a TD on O. Even in a win; but especially in a blowout loss...
I'm happy we lost like this in game 1. We have been winning opening games for the past few seasons and it hasn't got us crap excepted for too much positive thinking. This team was anointed the crown and seemed as if they were expecting the crown without having done anything.

SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!

We needed it so that this team can actually focus on winning rather than showing up.
It's only one game that perfectly encapsulated all that is wrong with Sing-Raye!
  • bret
  • Veteran
It's NOT just one game! Coach Sing's offensive philosophy is bankrupt! It has been outdated for nearly 20 years! The fact that Sing sticks with this philosophy despite the fact that he keeps getting SHOWN the predictable results shows two things: 1. Sing is stubborn (in a bad way); and 2) he knows nothing about offensive football in the modern era!

You're the one, coach, who said don't tell me, SHOW ME! Well, Nate Davis showed us something infinitely better than Mr. "I-need-everything-perfect-to-make-a-play" no matter what the shortcomings of HIS you were so happy to TELL US about!

I don't want you to TELL US about Nate Davis' weaknesses (after HE showed us something). I want you to SHOW US something about Alex Smith (like a benching) rather than TELLING US how it's the fault of he headsets, Crabtree, the rookies bothered by the crowd noise, whatever....

Start SHOWING US, coach, or we'll be clamoring for your head along with Alex'!
I do understand everyone's frustration. We should have won. It was a given. It was a really bad loss. We need to get our sh*t! together for our next game no question about it. All this talent and to get blown out, it hurts. But I believe in my Niners. Win or lose? I'm going to ride or die with them. Niners4life!

Yes. it's one game. However, when you are favored to win your division for the first time in many moons and playing a team with a makeshift O-llne and are actually favored on the road, you don't come out and lay a big fat egg. If this was a team that was going anywhere, they would have won this game. Now the pressure goes through the roof against the Saints. The 49ers could easily be 0-2 after that. Don't you think the Saints scouted this game and saw how inept they were. It's gonna be an all-out blitz on Smith. Plus the have the extra days off. It's just a huge disappointment.

The Clash's Mick Jones later formed Big Audio Dynamite.
Originally posted by bret:
It's NOT just one game! Coach Sing's offensive philosophy is bankrupt! It has been outdated for nearly 20 years! The fact that Sing sticks with this philosophy despite the fact that he keeps getting SHOWN the predictable results shows two things: 1. Sing is stubborn (in a bad way); and 2) he knows nothing about offensive football in the modern era!

You're the one, coach, who said don't tell me, SHOW ME! Well, Nate Davis showed us something infinitely better than Mr. "I-need-everything-perfect-to-make-a-play" no matter what the shortcomings of HIS you were so happy to TELL US about!

I don't want you to TELL US about Nate Davis' weaknesses (after HE showed us something). I want you to SHOW US something about Alex Smith (like a benching) rather than TELLING US how it's the fault of he headsets, Crabtree, the rookies bothered by the crowd noise, whatever....

Start SHOWING US, coach, or we'll be clamoring for your head along with Alex'!

Thank You! Perfectly said.
lol
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm happy we lost like this in game 1. We have been winning opening games for the past few seasons and it hasn't got us crap excepted for too much positive thinking. This team was anointed the crown and seemed as if they were expecting the crown without having done anything.

SLAP!!!!!!!!!!!

We needed it so that this team can actually focus on winning rather than showing up.

Gotta agree. This team was thinking they deserve to win, instead of wanting to. They need to fiend for the win like us fans do, or else they'll keep going on with this .500 f**king record. Good post Joecool.
What really gets my goat is that we were still trying to make the run game work without changing anything up (and we burnt up precious time we could have used to keep doing the same things in the same wrong way).

No one (coaches or players) was even showing any sign of trying to play a slow game of catch-up in the third quarter and that alone made me (we had a 2.5 hr drive back, but I stayed till the very end) want to go home (you are down by 20 pts, please, please try to win the game and set up faster or do whatever you can to slow the game down).

I am pissed, but I am not counting us out of the playoffs or anything like that.

Let's see if we can pull something off next week.
Share 49ersWebzone